Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Rough night at Thornhill [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rough night at Thornhill

Waffles
10-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Thornhill had a diesel truck race tonight since most of the regular racers are in Clay City.

Shortly into the evening, there was a pretty rough accident in the pits. I'm not quite sure how this happened. A 16 year old kid was in the back of his friend's truck bed. He was either just jumping up into it, or just jumping out but either way he was standing up and the driver in the truck didn't know he was there (so I'm guessing he was jumping in.) Anyway, driver starts to drive away while the kid is still standing, looses his footing and fell from the back of the truck.

The kid landed right on his head and immediately started convulsing. EMS was quick responding and did what they could. They landed the UC helicopter on the track and took him out by chopper.

The kid is in rough shape, the EMS folks fearing spinal or brain damage. I'm sure he, his family and friends would appreciate the prayers if you pray, or what whatever else you might do instead. If I find out his name, I'll post it up.

1_slo_92
10-25-2009, 02:10 AM
Thats horrible will send prayers they're way.

Mista Bone
10-25-2009, 03:48 AM
I will give my good thoughts for the day to him.

kennebellcobra
10-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Prayers sent!

331TwistedWedge
10-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Wow! ... of all the accidents that can happen at the track, it was in the pits ... that sucks! ... only 16 :(

DeckerEnt
10-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Prayers sent. Hope everything works out for the best!

Jeff88coupe
10-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Wow..what a freak accident. Hope the boy recovers.

I was down at TH 3 weeks ago...there were about 7-8 diesel trucks doing t&t that night.

Is TH running anymore this year?

Waffles
10-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Yes Jeff, one more this coming Sat on Halloween. That's the last Sat this year allowed by the injunction.

Rick93coupe
10-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Any updates on the kid?

sean
10-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Hope hes ok

Waffles
10-25-2009, 07:27 PM
I heard, but I really have no idea if it's true, that he was up walking around at the hospital last night. I hate to even repeat that since it's something I don't know for sure. I've gotten a ton of calls from people who saw it on the news etc and asking, but no one with any info. I'll call the family tomorrow and ask, I just don't want to be a nuisance when they're dealing with such an ordeal.

bcoh5gt
10-25-2009, 07:33 PM
you workin there again?

Waffles
10-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Actually, I just got a post from the driver's brother, Jamie Woodall. Jamie is one of our regulars and I've known him for probably 20 years. His brother Chris was driving the truck.

before all the bs gets started, what happened was they called the diesel trucks up for their 1st time run, my brother and i were both racing our trucks, a close friend who was there to watch jumped into the back of my brothers truck without him knowing( my brother had backed out from his parking space in the pits, when he stopped and shifted into drive to go forward the young man got in the back of the truck, noone was aware of this at the time) on the way to the staging lanes he fell from the back of the truck, hit his head on the pavement, and was knocked out cold. air care was called in, he was flown to university hospital, treated and released, home in his own bed with a concusion and a nasty knot on his head at midnight. no one involved was drinking or doing any drugs. just glad its all over and he is doing fine.

Thank God the boy is doing okay.

Waffles
10-25-2009, 07:41 PM
you workin there again?

:lol: No sir. I go to WATCH now. I still fight the urge to run and fix things, or correct some of the stupid stuff they're doing, etc. Car counts are down to nothing, 30-40 cars combined. Nothing I can do. I've had dozens of racers ask me to come back, and have told Jerry to get me back. The only way I'd got back though, is if Jerry agreed to uninvolve himself. Shoot, he still thinks I quit because of racers. The racers there are great, a few pains in the neck here and there, but overall they're a great bunch.

306Power
10-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Glad everything is ok with the kid, the one time I went to Thornhill (Forever ago) it was a blast to just watch.

DeckerEnt
10-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Good to hear that the kid is OK!!!

stocknotch
10-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Glad to hear the kid's doing better. I'm sure he's probably got one helluva headache though

bcoh5gt
10-28-2009, 03:21 PM
:lol: No sir. I go to WATCH now. I still fight the urge to run and fix things, or correct some of the stupid stuff they're doing, etc. Car counts are down to nothing, 30-40 cars combined. Nothing I can do. I've had dozens of racers ask me to come back, and have told Jerry to get me back. The only way I'd got back though, is if Jerry agreed to uninvolve himself. Shoot, he still thinks I quit because of racers. The racers there are great, a few pains in the neck here and there, but overall they're a great bunch.

Well I bought a car last night so i'm back to feeling like a stangbanger again.

firestang70
10-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Great news, thanks for the update.

DeckerEnt
10-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Well I bought a car last night so i'm back to feeling like a stangbanger again.

Post up some pics!!! What did you get?

bcoh5gt
10-28-2009, 06:35 PM
89lx hatch had a 351 in it. The guy I got it from took that but threw in a 302 roller minus intake and carb but i'm running alcohol so no big deal I wouldnt have used the carb anyway. I will be out next season, this will be the longest winter ever.