Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Explorer swap Questions. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Explorer swap Questions.

wes 89 gt
10-19-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm going to pick up an explorer motor out of a 99. From what I have been able to find is that I will need to swap the cam, oil pan, and headers since I have bbk shorties. So what else do I need to swap?This is going in my 89 gt. Thanks in advance.:bigthumb

331TwistedWedge
10-19-2009, 10:49 PM
distributor and i think the timing chain cover too ... water pumps are different??? ... i think the factory valve springs on the pheads are weak, you may want to swap those out ...

oh and the throttle body too ... i've heard the throttle linkages are different ... im getting ready to do the same thing to a friends car ... maybe someone will chime in thats done the swap :bigthumb

wes 89 gt
10-23-2009, 03:14 PM
So far I just ordered Ford racing "P" headers, Will a stock TB fit from my orginal set up? will a stock dizzy work? thanks.

Stangman
10-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Give me your explorer throttle body and your stock mustang throttle body... I'll make the bigger explorer TB work with mustang parts...

Also, go to ford and order the oil filter block adapter... it screws into the block with a GIANT allen key...

Heat the block with a butane torch, and put red loc-tite on the adaptor and thread it in... after you find the allen key that is...

Also, obvious things they you may know, but werent mentioned... block plate, and flywheel need changed.

The harmonic balancer is different and must be changed, it has the crank trigger made onto it.

The timing cover is the same as a 94-95 mustang, so for a fox, it will be different, along with the water pump.

12seclx
10-23-2009, 05:09 PM
subscribing.....:)