Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Going to Belize, Grand Cayman Island and Roatan any ideas? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Going to Belize, Grand Cayman Island and Roatan any ideas?

89notch
10-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Anyone ever been to these islands? What should I do and also avoid while there?

cobraman302
10-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Only thing I can tell you is that there is nothing to avoid in Grand Cayman, been there twice and its amazing. Going on a cruise?

89notch
10-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Only thing I can tell you is that there is nothing to avoid in Grand Cayman, been there twice and its amazing. Going on a cruise?

yea....We went on the eastern Caribbean and the western this year. The plan is to do the southern exotic next year.

Jeff88coupe
10-14-2009, 04:34 PM
When are you going?
Jenn and I have been on trips (not cruises) to both Belize (several times...leaving sat. for another week there) and grand cayman. Look at my flickr picture account for some pictures from both places...mostly scuba diving pictures (why we go there).

For Grand Cayman...definatly do Rum Point and the stingray snorkle trip..pretty cool. There was a 1/8th mile drag strip on grand cayman...was for sale last year when we were there.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff88cpe/sets/72157603804019702/

For Belize...the cruise port dock is in belize city...not what you want to see. Take a tour...go see some ruins, go see the national zoo, cave tubing, zip line in the jungle. Just do something to get out of belize city....we have been to belize 4 times now...and the closest we get to there is the airport. We always stay out on Ambergris Caye.
Here are some of our pictures from our last trip...i'll have to find the others.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff88cpe/sets/72157600161770284/

89notch
10-14-2009, 04:43 PM
We are leaving in a couple weeks. I was looking at the cave tubing today and it looks very cool.

MADMOD
10-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Roatan there is not much to do. I am pretty sure the only place that is safe is a beach that they will take you to. I am assuming that you are going on a cruise? Once you get off of the ship and on to the buses you will see about 30 guys standing around with AK 47's and other full auto weapons.

Grand Cayman, I am with Jeff do the String Ray city outing. It is a ton of fun. We also just walked around the port area at Grand Cayman. There are some nice little shops and places to eat. Don't forget your sun block for this place. You also will have to wait awhile to get back on the ship so leave your self plenty of time to get back on the ship. Also don't forget the sun block for standing in line to get back on the ship.

If I can think of anything else I will post it up.

firestang70
10-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Amazing SCUBA spots there! Are you certified?

cobraman302
10-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Even if you are not scuba certified you will be able to scuba I think up to 40 feet below the surface, don't hold me to that exact #. Grand Cayman has amazing snorkeling as they have ship wrecks on the reef there, and the reef itself is one of the best in the world. I have been to the easter/wester/southern/bahamas and Grand Cayman is the best place to just relax and not be hassled.

BlazinEagle
10-14-2009, 10:50 PM
I did this exact cruise last year. It was amazing. Make sure you go to sting ray city. It was very cool. I am not dive certified but I am a good at snorkeling. I did it every stop and we go again in a second!