Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
I have an idea, lets blow up the moon. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea, lets blow up the moon.

Rick93coupe
10-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Have you guys seen this? Apparently we're looking for water on the moon and instead of drilling for it, we're gonna blow a hole in it instead. I have no idea what the consequences of bombing the moon are, but considering that it affects the earth everyday by it's gravitational forces, It seems pretty bold to bomb the thing. :rolleyes:

relaxednoma
10-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Wow, this has to be an obama idea....

cobra429boss
10-08-2009, 07:57 PM
lol ,

Mustard
10-08-2009, 08:26 PM
The Indians found water in the atmosphere of the moon (it shouldnt be there) a few months back when they sent there orbitor up there

Rick93coupe
10-08-2009, 08:27 PM
In all fairness this had to be in the works long before Obama stepped on the scene.

fastfreddie
10-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Yup. It's all part of the plan set up a few years ago to get a base on the moon. They're looking for water to use as fuel for the base and ships that go there.

beefcake
10-08-2009, 08:52 PM
ever seen that movie the time machine, they do some stupid shit like that and pretty much put the earth back in the stone age

k062693w
10-08-2009, 09:33 PM
In all fairness this had to be in the works long before Obama stepped on the scene.

:lol: That is becoming my new sig !!! LMAO

Rick93coupe
10-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Damnit and it's too late to edit! =)

04 Venom
10-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Have you guys seen this? Apparently we're looking for water on the moon and instead of drilling for it, we're gonna blow a hole in it instead. I have no idea what the consequences of bombing the moon are, but considering that it affects the earth everyday by it's gravitational forces, It seems pretty bold to bomb the thing. :rolleyes:

Not to worry; the impact is only the equivalent of 2 tons on TNT.

Mista Bone
10-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Maybe the Mayans were right and this takes three years for the full effect?

Rick93coupe
10-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I don't know about 2 tons of tnt, but yahoo says,

"Finding out shouldn't be an issue. When the twin crafts hit the lunar surface at around 6,000 mph, NASA expects "plumes of moon dust — perhaps full of ice — (to soar) 6.2 miles high above the moon's Cabeus crater."

Seems to me that anything traveling at 6000 mph has to have the potential to do some serious damage. Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking it's going to split in half or anything but yrs ago I read about how delicate the balance of our solar system was, that makes it pretty scary.

k062693w
10-08-2009, 11:11 PM
:rolleyes: Rick !!! It only weighs 3,000 lbs, And will be traveling at 5,400 mph, So I don't see what the problem is ???

So what if it knocks the moon out of whack, And screws up the tides and floods all coastal areas.... The Government can then step in and Fix everything !!! LMFAO :lol:

04 Venom
10-08-2009, 11:13 PM
I don't know about 2 tons of tnt, but yahoo says,

"Finding out shouldn't be an issue. When the twin crafts hit the lunar surface at around 6,000 mph, NASA expects "plumes of moon dust — perhaps full of ice — (to soar) 6.2 miles high above the moon's Cabeus crater."

Seems to me that anything traveling at 6000 mph has to have the potential to do some serious damage. Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking it's going to split in half or anything but yrs ago I read about how delicate the balance of our solar system was, that makes it pretty scary.

C'mon, you really think the scientists are that stupid? Besides, several spacecraft have already been intentionally crashed on the moon.

Do you think a spacecraft weighing maybe a couple hundred pounds even traveling that fast will do anything to something that weighs trillions of tons?

Rick93coupe
10-09-2009, 12:19 AM
C'mon, you really think the scientists are that stupid? Besides, several spacecraft have already been intentionally crashed on the moon.

Do you think a spacecraft weighing maybe a couple hundred pounds even traveling that fast will do anything to something that weighs trillions of tons?

No, I don't have a fucking clue what it's going to do and neither do you. :flipoff:

Watching the news tonight I saw a guy say that meteors hit the moon and do the equivalent amount of damage monthly. I can't back that up, but if there is any truth to it, then why don't we collect those samples with something orbiting? Maybe after the collision the spacecraft will take some readings. :lol:

Rick93coupe
10-09-2009, 12:20 AM
The Government can then step in and Fix everything !!! LMFAO :lol:

:bigthumb

DeckerEnt
10-09-2009, 12:25 AM
The Government can then step in and Fix everything !!! LMFAO :lol:[/QUOTE]

How is that hope and change working out for you??

BigBadStang
10-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Gee....I wonder where all the craters on the moon came from?
Probably from shit WAY bigger, heavier, and traveling much faster. :rolleyes:
The average speed of a 'main belt' asteroid is in the neighborhood of 47,000mph by comparison, so I wouldn't get too worked up over this.

Blackpony
10-09-2009, 07:39 AM
ever seen that movie the time machine, they do some stupid shit like that and pretty much put the earth back in the stone age

Ha i was thinking the same thing yesterday. I don't think anything will happen considering all meteors that hit the moon

SMOKE
10-09-2009, 09:32 AM
It's done.

Absolutely nothing happened. You can now come out of your bomb shelter, Rick :lol:

k062693w
10-09-2009, 10:18 AM
It's done.

Absolutely nothing happened. You can now come out of your bomb shelter, Rick :lol:

:lol: He won't do that until Obama and Pelosi are no longer in office !!! :lol:

ADaughen
10-09-2009, 10:22 AM
No, I don't have a fucking clue what it's going to do and neither do you. :flipoff:

Watching the news tonight I saw a guy say that meteors hit the moon and do the equivalent amount of damage monthly. I can't back that up, but if there is any truth to it, then why don't we collect those samples with something orbiting? Maybe after the collision the spacecraft will take some readings. :lol:

The problem with other craters are they aren't as deep as the crater in the Southern pole which has a bottom so deep that it is always shadowed. They suspect, if there is ice anywhere on that rock, it would be in that crater.

In other news... "Obama gets Nobel Peace Prize, the day he bombs the Moon!"

347sc
10-09-2009, 10:31 AM
In other news... "Obama gets Nobel Peace Prize, the day he bombs the Moon!"

Yeah I read that and was like WTF did he do to deserve that? lol

Blackballed
10-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Maybe the Mayans were right and this takes three years for the full effect?

Wow, I was thinking the same thing when I heard this nonsense.:screwy:

Good News though!!! No one is getting a tax refund this year. It all went to blowing up the moon..........

dedpedal
10-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Bombing the moon was purely a preemptive strike against the illegal aliens hiding on the darkside waiting for the mexicans to take over so they can come down and pick strawberries.

That made absolutly no sense at all and fits the topic perfectly.

1byafender
10-09-2009, 12:11 PM
:lol: LMAO

ADaughen
10-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah I read that and was like WTF did he do to deserve that? lol

Apologized to the World for America.

When the nominees were submitted, he had only been in office for ~2 months. It took another 7 to have everyone vote.

347sc
10-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Apologized to the World for America.

When the nominees were submitted, he had only been in office for ~2 months. It took another 7 to have everyone vote.

Yep what a joke.

ADaughen
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Not to diverge from the topic at hand...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091009/ap_on_sc/us_sci_shoot_the_moon

Some photos/video attached.

Aweasel
11-14-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g_WHHFPrQjvdnQhVIvx5o9a-v66AD9BV87LG1

How cool is that?