Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
HMMMM NEW FEE'S [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HMMMM NEW FEE'S

chadomac
10-06-2009, 03:36 PM
So the mustang has been in the garage because i have been working on a few things. well my tags expired in early sept didnt even think about it as i was not driving it well got everything buttoned up and went to pick up my sticker today so i was set for E20 friday and for the cruise. well low and behold new fee has been put in place if your sticker is more than 7 days over due there is a 20 dollar late fee thats like almost half the price of the tag.WTF!!

mustangatic
10-06-2009, 03:39 PM
gotta love our gov. system :) anything to get there hands on a little more money :flipoff:

sean
10-06-2009, 03:41 PM
just another way to screw us. Enjoy

chadomac
10-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I was like what the fuck
bitches

djom1cincy
10-06-2009, 04:22 PM
So when does the tag actually expire? First day of the month, birthday, or last day of the month. They could really lay it to people if its the first day of the month.

chadomac
10-06-2009, 04:30 PM
birthday

Mista Bone
10-06-2009, 04:48 PM
That extra $20 is alot cheaper than an expired tag ticket.

bestracing
10-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Not driving it = No Ticket, Bone

Stupid DMV,

MrsAPE
10-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Crap...I gotta remember to get mine so I don't pay this too. Grrrrr

facemelter71
10-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Well im screwed.Thanks for letting me know so I dont go in there punching every one in the face.
Looks like Im payin the extra 20.Stupid basterds.

djom1cincy
10-06-2009, 06:11 PM
I will throw some more gas on this fire. Personalized tags up 15 bucks on the first also. Now 50 dollars instead of 35 extra.

zlou363lx
10-06-2009, 07:42 PM
yeah. i was going to get a custom plate for my lightning, and the lady told me that it was going to be more expensive. i said thank you and walked out lol. my mustang tag is past the 7 days...stupid thing doesn't move anyways. i don't plan to renew for awhile though.

ADaughen
10-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Buddy just had that happen to him on his bike. They ended up waiving it because he told him it was un-driveable for the last 6 months.

Stangman
10-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Guess I'll never be getting personalized tags...

I am glad however that I never have to renew the plates for the '77 again...

1_slo_92
10-07-2009, 12:19 AM
yea the personalized plates are like a extra 30 bucks a year iirc.

ibstrokin
10-07-2009, 01:57 AM
Consider this, If your car is apart and you aren't insuring it, with expired tags, you're ok. If you put tags on it, you have to carry ins.,even if it's not operational. If you have valid tags, no ins.,and you get a letter in the mail asking you to prove ins., you could lose your lic., and have to carry a sr22.

Thanks for the info on the $20. Good info, especially on your daily driver.

BigBadStang
10-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Don't you just love it when the governments are in need of $$$?
They go around wasting the shit, then when they figure out they are running out, they tighten the screws on the citizens. :evilflip:...kocksuckers.

02mingryGT
10-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Don't you just love it when the governments are in need of $$$?
They go around wasting the shit, then when they figure out they are running out, they tighten the screws on the citizens. :evilflip:...kocksuckers.

I was thinking the same way. But they do it in a way that wouldn't effect the majority. I think it's safe to assume that most get their plates on time and most don't have personalized plates. So they figure that the majority wouldn't care. But in the end they'll get everyone.

NUTTSGT
10-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Personalized plate fee, it was never a problem till everybody and their brother thought they needed to have one. Even if it says something fucking stupid, people think they need to have one. The state sees how much money they can make and BAM new fee.

BigBadStang
10-07-2009, 09:04 AM
So I guess the BMV needs to send custom plate requests through you? This way you can decide who gets granted a plate that meets your approval?:lol:

It's a money grab like you said...State Prisoners make all license plates in the state of Ohio including temporary tags, so labor costs are NOT an issue, and it costs no more to log the custom plate information into the system than standard plates, because it is done with every plate at the time they are sold by the mean old bat sitting behind the counter at the license bureau.
I've always wondered if the people they hire at the BMV were mean and hateful when they hired them, or if they have gotten that way from working there? I've yet to find one EVER in a good mood.

djom1cincy
10-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Well instead of getting 35 extra dollars from me they will now get no extra money. I'm going back to my veteran plates which are free.

BradleyGT
10-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Personalized plate fee, it was never a problem till everybody and their brother thought they needed to have one. Even if it says something fucking stupid, people think they need to have one. The state sees how much money they can make and BAM new fee.

I guess my plate would be considerd dumb and be denied by you. :lol:

So I guess the BMV needs to send custom plate requests through you? This way you can decide who gets granted a plate that meets your approval?:lol:

It's a money grab like you said...State Prisoners make all license plates in the state of Ohio including temporary tags, so labor costs are NOT an issue, and it costs no more to log the custom plate information into the system than standard plates, because it is done with every plate at the time they are sold by the mean old bat sitting behind the counter at the license bureau.
I've always wondered if the people they hire at the BMV were mean and hateful when they hired them, or if they have gotten that way from working there? I've yet to find one EVER in a good mood.

The personalized plates have to go before a commity to approve or disapprove what it says. My original plate that I registered was MYFNGT but they said F and N can't be together because they know what it means. I guess that's were all the cost is.

beefcake
10-07-2009, 11:22 AM
100 bucks for my plates today for 1 year, ouch lol

cstreu1026
10-07-2009, 11:52 AM
That extra $20 is alot cheaper than an expired tag ticket.

or plates in Kentucky.

Stangman
10-07-2009, 12:04 PM
100 bucks for my plates today for 1 year, ouch lol

Let me guess... "12secsho"?

chadomac
10-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Let me guess... "12secsho"?

no way because when he sells it next month he wont be able to put it on his next car...... unless it is another SHO :lol:

NUTTSGT
10-07-2009, 07:30 PM
I guess my plate would be considerd dumb and be denied by you. :lol:

If it was up to me, your original plate would be fine with me, just like any plate with 69 on it. :bigthumb

Like PRIUS, it's not available. Who the hell care's if you drive a prius. :rolleyes: I suppose it's somebody here.

CNTLOSE
10-07-2009, 08:27 PM
What pisses me off is paying the fee everytime you renew. I can see the fee when you first get them made, but after that no other extra effort is involved.

BradleyGT
10-08-2009, 10:34 AM
What pisses me off is paying the fee everytime you renew. I can see the fee when you first get them made, but after that no other extra effort is involved.

I totally agree but I guess it's another way to keep their hands in your pocket.