Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Good morning SBZ, I'm glad to be posting this.......means I'm alive!!!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good morning SBZ, I'm glad to be posting this.......means I'm alive!!!!!

Mista Bone
10-05-2009, 04:15 AM
Furnace had kicked on twice tonight, I'd noticed a slight odor, normally just dust from the heat exchanger sitting for 6-7 months I thought.

Went downstairs to get another beer, #3, felt "drunk" and thought it was just because I was tired. While downstairs I filled up the little fridge (pop and beer) with two cases of pop.....wow, I'm feeling stoned...this is NOT good!!!!!

I noticed the smell, something ain't right. I smelled exhaust gases from a furnace, better yet I know when this happens CO (silent killer) is present, but the CO detectors haven't went off, yet. Turn around to look towards the furnace, WTF?

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Misc/PA050001.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Misc/PA050002.jpg

Yep, with the flue having come apart on a cold night/weekend, Mom and I would be dead.

Mom is 71, heat is on 70, last week it was cold enough to cycle a few times, I just happened to be downstairs when it kicked on tonight.

I keep the vent to my room closed unitl the room is below 65 degrees. PC Tower running torrents adds ALOT of heat to my room. Good in the winter, not good in the summer.

PS: Windows open to vent CO........left note for mom.

PSS: Dad worked for local gas and electric company for 27 years as a gas serviceman, I knew exactly what was going on.

cobra429boss
10-05-2009, 07:11 AM
thats good you cault that when ya did man

Flaming87lx
10-05-2009, 07:18 AM
You should buy a lottery ticket today, and dont forget who told you to:D.... VERY LUCKY!!!!!!

dawsin94cobra
10-05-2009, 07:46 AM
wow man glad your still with us

Mista Bone
10-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Seems no screws were used in the slip fit joint, but the roof was replaced during the summer. Seems when they replaced the flashing the joint came apart.

CO (Carbon Monoxide) is nothing to mess with, called the silent killer for a reason.

Katmandu
10-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Holy shit man!!!

I guess you KNOW how lucky you are to be ALIVE right now !

Glad you and you're mom are ok!

Mista Bone
10-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I know exactly how lucky I am. Had it been colder and furnace cycling through the night, might not have woke up, literally!

MrsAPE
10-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Glad your ok and things worked as they did. Stay that way ok?!