Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
RIP Mary Travers [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mary Travers

Goldenpony
09-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Mary Travers of "Peter, Paul and Mary" passed away from leukemia this week.
I am especially saddened because PP&M was the first concert I ever went to. It was probably 1963 at Xavier Field House. I was surprised and shocked because I thought she had beaten the disease. Mary was truly beautiful, and her voice will live in my memory forever.
I went to see PP&M maybe 10 years ago at Riverbend. Although they were older, their music was still haunting. I expected to see just a lot of old farts like myself there, but the concert was sold out and the audience was all ages.
Thank you Mary. I'll never forget you. :(

Black Horse
09-17-2009, 10:54 PM
A Puff of the Magic Dragon in her memory!

Mista Bone
09-18-2009, 12:22 AM
that makes three this week...........

I yelled down to mom last night when I'd heard about it.

Swayze, Rogers, Travers.

PP&M forever.

Goldenpony
09-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Who named Rogers passed away this week? :confused:

Goldenpony
09-20-2009, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=Goldenpony;503783]Mary Travers of "Peter, Paul and Mary" passed away from leukemia this week.
I am especially saddened because PP&M was the first concert I ever went to. It was probably 1963 at Xavier Field House. I was surprised and shocked because I thought she had beaten the disease. Mary was truly beautiful, and her voice will live in my memory forever.
I went to see PP&M maybe 10 years ago at Riverbend. Although they were older, their music was still haunting. I expected to see just a lot of old farts like myself there, but the concert was sold out and the audience was all ages.
Thank you Mary. I'll never forget you. :angel: