Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Buddy killed my tranny so now I need one [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Buddy killed my tranny so now I need one

sean
09-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Ok well I am going to rant in the section but Heres the deal. I sold a car to a buddy and he wrecked it, didnt fix it, the inside is nasty and to top it all off he tore up the tranny. Then he says he cant afford to keep the payments up. So we still owe money on this and its broke down. If anyone knows about a 2001 merc cougar cs v6 auto with overdrive tranny please let me know. Well now I will go to the rant section and finish

Paul408Notch
09-16-2009, 11:49 PM
www.car-part.com if you can't find one elsewhere.

Rick93coupe
09-16-2009, 11:51 PM
craigslist is a great source too.

sean
09-17-2009, 01:18 AM
What trannys will work in this thing. will a contour or a murcury mistake... I mean mystique. I know nothing about these things.

Dirtyd0g
09-17-2009, 02:00 AM
I think it has to be that vehicle. Gear ratios were different on different vehicles and as far as I know the converter in that one is unique to any CD4E, the mystakes were different all together. Car-part.com will convert it if can come from anything else. Have fun changing it. Jack over there at AATCO would probably do it for you but I'm sure it'll be $600+. I wouldn't touch it for less than $500. IF you do it yourself make sure to secure the radiator before you drop the subframe, a coathanger through the top of the mounts works well. I think they put those holes in them just for that.
Alan

sean
09-17-2009, 03:00 AM
rest assured, when I find the tranny I will talk to my mechanic and if he isnt available I will be posting up and seeing who want some extra money. It looks like there was only one auto v6 tranny used in 01. Lots of manuels. It says id 1s8p-aa and ba are the ones that will work. Love to be able to take this shit head to small claims court but its not like he has any money.

JA04GT
09-17-2009, 08:50 PM
hey man i work for R&R transmissions in goshen, pm me the full info on the car and your number and ill see if i can help you figure something out.

sean
09-17-2009, 09:37 PM
pm sent.