Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
exhaust [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

mustangatic
09-02-2009, 05:34 AM
So another question... Which would be louder and sound better... 1 chamber flows w/ tips or 1 chamber flows w/ 3'' dumps? just want your guy's opinions....

latamud
09-02-2009, 06:57 AM
Dumps would be louder, tailpipes with tips will sound better.

NXcoupe
09-02-2009, 07:05 AM
See, I think the opposite. Tailpipes to me are louder, dumps are quieter. tailpipes are like cupping your hands around your mouth to yell at someone, they direct the sound in a focused way. Dumps shoot it out onto the pavement and disappate it some, jmho.

Jeff88coupe
09-02-2009, 08:06 AM
1 chamber flowmasters are going to loud on anything....plus get cops attenion.

latamud
09-03-2009, 07:28 AM
See, I think the opposite. Tailpipes to me are louder, dumps are quieter. tailpipes are like cupping your hands around your mouth to yell at someone, they direct the sound in a focused way. Dumps shoot it out onto the pavement and disappate it some, jmho.

I'm going to have to disagree. With tail pipes its like taking your cupped hands and trying to yell through a garden hose. Dumps are practically open headers with some pipe and mufflers. Tail pipes, sound has farther to travel and more to travel through.