Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Who has a Dyson vacuum, and are they worth it? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who has a Dyson vacuum, and are they worth it?

ibstrokin
09-01-2009, 09:27 PM
My hoover took a dump today, so I'm thinking of getting a Dyson. I know there is a lot of hype about them, but I want peoples opinions that use them. Thanks in advance.

bobtsgt
09-01-2009, 09:29 PM
we love ours. it picks up all the dog hair like no other. clean up is easy too. Ours is about 3 years and still going strong.

89notch
09-01-2009, 09:38 PM
We have one at the firehouse and it works amazing.

Mr.Moontang
09-01-2009, 09:42 PM
We have one and my wife loves it!!!

03silversnake
09-01-2009, 09:51 PM
yes yes yes they are the best buy nothing else

k062693w
09-01-2009, 09:52 PM
DC17 "The Animal" LOL

We've had ours for 3 years and had absolutley NO PROBLEMS !!! Vacuums Great and Cleans Easy !!!
You are more then welcome to try mine ... Just let me know !!!

mustangboy
09-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Hell no!!! I did a lot of reading on the internet and on Consumer Report site and I honestly believe you don't need to spend $500 to get a good vacuum. I actually ended up buying a $80 Bissell and it does a killer job. Just do some reading on which ones to stay away from. BTW I have been a stay at home dad for 6 years with 3 kids under 9 so I do a lot of cleaning. Also not saying the Dyson is junk just saying you can get a quality vacuum for a lot less.

Maximus
09-01-2009, 10:23 PM
I think Ive seen it all on SBZ now.:(

Cherry Blossom
09-01-2009, 10:31 PM
It is a costly item but it is so worth it! If you have pets or a woman with long hair, it's a must! Many others have not stood up to my curly locks - but the Dyson sucks them up with no problem! :)

ibstrokin
09-01-2009, 10:34 PM
I think Ive seen it all on SBZ now.:(

lol, it's all fun and games until you can't get rid of the dog hair. I have had a few $80 vacuums, they work for a year or two, then don't work as good. I'm just done f'ing around with vacuums, I want one that works good, for a long time.

Thanks for the replies guys, keep em coming. So far it sounds like everyone who has bought one loves em.

winner70ta
09-01-2009, 10:35 PM
We have had one for two years and they are crazy. We also have an older Kirby which I thought was a pretty good vacuum. After we got the Dyson, I did one of those commercial-like situations. Cleaned with the Kirby first and then the Dyson. It was unreal how much crud the Dyson picked up after using the Kirby!

NXcoupe
09-02-2009, 04:57 AM
Thanks for bringing this up Brian. Donna just threw away my vacuum, said she didn't like it. I am going to be buying one in the near future. What's the advantage to the 'ball'?

mustangatic
09-02-2009, 05:40 AM
we have the "yellow" dyson..not sure what brand..but I know the wifey can't stop bragging to people about it how good it is..and we have to dogs.... LOTS OF HAIR!!! lol

CNTLOSE
09-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Yes, we paid $450 for the pet model. We love it and if it ever breaks we will get another.

BigBadStang
09-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Going on the 4th year on the DC17 'Animal' model. It does a great job. I just took it apart yesterday (I was bored) and cleaned everything. It is amazing the crap they pick up over other brands...and no matter how full the container gets, that bitch keeps on suckin! :lol::lol::lol: (Aaron...keep your comments to yourself!:lol:)

A friend has one of the yellow models with the ball wheel thing, and it is much easier to push around, and the way it's made, it gets under things better/easier that the regular ones. You can't go wrong with either.

MrsAPE
09-02-2009, 07:23 AM
I will never own another!! Pets, kids and hubby!!

BigBadStang
09-02-2009, 07:35 AM
I will never own another!! Pets, kids and hubby!!

Ouch! You 'own' your kids and husband?
Sucks to be them!!
:lol: ;)

aperacer
09-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Sucks to be them!!

your telling me....i am the "hubby" i am waiting for the " i am tired of you and i want a new one" when that day comes i hope she is talking about the sweeper.. that dyson is a killer. we have been in our house for 10 years now. have had two or three sweepers that were great when we got them and turned to junk in a year or so. purchased the dyson and never looked back.. three years we have had it now and it works as good as the day we got it. purple animal dc14 i think...

k062693w
09-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Going on the 4th year on the DC17 'Animal' model. It does a great job. I just took it apart yesterday (I was bored) and cleaned everything. It is amazing the crap they pick up over other brands...and no matter how full the container gets, that bitch keeps on suckin! :lol::lol::lol: (Aaron...keep your comments to yourself!:lol:)

A friend has one of the yellow models with the ball wheel thing, and it is much easier to push around, and the way it's made, it gets under things better/easier that the regular ones. You can't go wrong with either.

:( Now that just hurts Scotty ... :(

Why would you ever think I would say anything ??? :confused:

Just because you can suck start a PowerStroke, Does Not make you an Expert at Sucking !!! Growing up in Plain City made you that way !!!:lol:

bestracing
09-02-2009, 08:39 AM
DC17 "The Animal" LOL

Same here and we love it!! I have both a short hair dog and a German Shepard and we have no problem getting the hair cleaned up and anyone that has had a shepard knows how bad they shed in the spring and fall.

Hell no!!! I did a lot of reading on the internet and on Consumer Report site and I honestly believe you don't need to spend $500 to get a good vacuum.

We didn't spend near that much. Got ours on a Black Thursday sale for much cheaper. Also I know I've spent more than that on bags and other new vacuum cleaners the 21 years I have been maried. If this last for 3 more years and still performs like it has it will have out lasted and out performed any other vacuum cleaner I have ever had had. (Hoover, Kenmore, Bissel)

mach_u
09-02-2009, 09:02 AM
We have one and it works really well! Had it for I believe 2.5yrs now. Two dogs and two ladies in the house - lots of hair. Does a great job! :bigthumb

BigBadStang
09-02-2009, 09:08 AM
:( Now that just hurts Scotty ... :(

Why would you ever think I would say anything ??? :confused:

Just because you can suck start a PowerStroke, Does Not make you an Expert at Sucking !!! Growing up in Plain City made you that way !!!:lol:

Hey Aaron...the only sucking I did was sucking the beer out of the cans...2 second shotguns at a time!

Try not to be so damn sensative...You Mechanicsburg guys wear your hearts on your sleeves, or is that something you picked up from Roberts and Hommon? :lol:

Btw...have you heard...lol...Roberts brother Steve just won an Emmy on the Ellen show? (now that's funny!) Birds of a feather...:lol:

k062693w
09-02-2009, 09:27 AM
I didn't hear about Steve, That's Cool even if he FLYS that way !!! LMAO

5.0calypso93lx
09-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Hell no!!! I did a lot of reading on the internet and on Consumer Report site and I honestly believe you don't need to spend $500 to get a good vacuum. I actually ended up buying a $80 Bissell and it does a killer job. Just do some reading on which ones to stay away from. BTW I have been a stay at home dad for 6 years with 3 kids under 9 so I do a lot of cleaning. Also not saying the Dyson is junk just saying you can get a quality vacuum for a lot less.

You beat me to it. You're really paying for the warranty when you buy a Dyson. They do have awesome warranties, but having used the Dyson DC17 animal, and my Bissell (http://www.target.com/Bissell-Hair-Eraser-Cyclonic-Vacuum/dp/B000VDQ38E/sr=1-8/qid=1251900732/ref=sr_1_8/184-2937047-1048541?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Abissell&page=1), I can honestly say I don't prefer one or the other. The Bissell does just as well as the dyson did cleaning up after 3 cats.

SMOKE
09-02-2009, 10:14 AM
We have a Dyson and it's the best we have ever had by far!

Paul408Notch
09-02-2009, 11:41 AM
I have the DC17 Animal. It's a great vac, but there are other vacuums out there that I'm sure do just as good a job for less money. I just got a good deal on it and knew that they were good for allergies. If you go with the Dyson, I'd suggest buying it at bed bath and beyond with one of those 20% off coupons they send in the mail every 2-3 weeks.

FireStang02
09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
I have the DC 17 also and love it. I wouldnt buy any other vac. I have 2 dogs and it is amazing the hair it pulls outta the floor. The 5 year warranty makes it nice too. I may be able to get ya one new in the box for 400. If interested PM me.

MrsAPE
09-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Sucks to be them!!

Oh I own them all right!! And let me tell you, the upkeep is awful!! :lol: They could have ended up with a lot worse!! So it does not suck to be them! :D

DeckerEnt
09-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Dysons are great! Coming from someone who cleans carpet for a living, a customer with a dyson who uses it on a regular basis, I don't get to clean the carpet as often but when I do, I don't have to mess with a lot of dry soils and pet/people hair. You will be happy with which ever one you buy. Look for deals though because they are normally in the 500 range.

MWoods26
09-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I also have the DC17 Animal. I love it. I got it off ebay brand new in the box for around 300 bucks shipped last year. If you go the ebay route watch out for the remanufactured ones. Mine was absolutly brand new in the box and I sent in the card inside for the five year warrenty

mailman
09-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Great piece, but sure is a lot of money for a vacuum. I should have bought a Hoover and some car parts...

Timido
09-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I have the Bissell. I figured I would try it first if it doesnt suck I would take it back and get the Dyson. Its alot cheaper and works great. I keep the Bissell

ibstrokin
09-02-2009, 09:01 PM
My parents have an Oreck and they love it, but it was $800. It only weighs 8 lbs. which is good for my mom's back( which Dad will pay whatever, provided he doesn't have to use it,lol). So I figure if I can get a deal on a Dyson, that's the way to go. Sounds like the dc17 is popular.

FireStang02
09-02-2009, 09:03 PM
A friend of mine sells them and says all dyson's are pretty much the same. The motor and the vac is the same. the difference is the attachments. The DC 17 comes with all the fancy attachements. They are included when you buy it. If you buy them later, they cost a lot more.

ibstrokin
09-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I noticed some motors are 6.5 amp, some 11 amp, some 12 amp, so there are differences , I think the dc25 should do the trick.

Rick93coupe
09-02-2009, 09:58 PM
You wouldn't even consider the dc25......... if they made a dc30! =)

ibstrokin
09-02-2009, 10:05 PM
The dc25 has the ball, and is a "animal", with a high power motor. DC30, that's just silly.

94tchikinv8
09-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Like pretty much everyone else has said, it's the best vacuum we've had at our house. Mom used to get other ones for about $150 or so and they usually crapped out after about a year. We've had our Dyson for about 4-5 years now, and it is still going strong. So by now, the Dyson has actually saved our family money simply by being a good durable product. We have 3 greyhounds, and my mom has a part-time business making sighthound collars. The Dyson picks up what little the dogs shed, plus all of my mom's thread and sewing scrap that ends up on the floor. I actually had to cut a ton of thread/scrap off the roller last month with a knife. It still works great.

-Rob

Gearhead559
09-03-2009, 12:38 AM
i got one and its tits..

i got the purple one cause of all the pets we have (different models are different colors)

and we love it. hell i have used it in the garage, and got yelled at for it but yeah..i put it to the test

NUTTSGT
09-03-2009, 07:40 PM
We have the purple DC17, the wife loves it and would buy another one if this thing died. We have a yellow lab in the house and it sucks up the dog hair like you would believe. I feel it was well worth the money too. i don't think I've ever heard anybody bad mouth a Dyson.

As far as the Bissell, we had one at the fire station and it was a piece of crap, the on/off switch broke in 2 months.

ibstrokin
09-04-2009, 08:05 PM
I went to Best Buy today and talked to the sales guy, he informed me that the only difference between the "animal" version and the regular is the attachments. They had all of the Dyson's on sale, so I bought a DC25, non animal. HOLY SHIT does this thing kick ass!!!! It pulled all kinds of shit from the carpet, it's quieter than my old vac, and that ball drive kicks ass. It actually dims the lights(house lights) when I turn it on. I would definitely recommend one to anyone with pets.

Thanks for all the input/advice, it made spending $425 on a vacuum easier to swallow. I almost cheaped out and bought something else, I'm glad I didn't, Thanks again.

FireStang02
09-05-2009, 03:27 PM
I went to Best Buy today and talked to the sales guy, he informed me that the only difference between the "animal" version and the regular is the attachments. They had all of the Dyson's on sale, so I bought a DC25, non animal. HOLY SHIT does this thing kick ass!!!! It pulled all kinds of shit from the carpet, it's quieter than my old vac, and that ball drive kicks ass. It actually dims the lights(house lights) when I turn it on. I would definitely recommend one to anyone with pets.

Thanks for all the input/advice, it made spending $425 on a vacuum easier to swallow. I almost cheaped out and bought something else, I'm glad I didn't, Thanks again.

I thought that was correct.

e5shea
09-07-2009, 06:38 AM
I've been running a Kirby Ultimate G series since 2000. I've replaced belts and bags...thats it. I have shampooed carpets, furniture, and mattresses with it. I have also used the turbo accessory kit to buff my car, fill inflatable mattresses, rafts, floats, kids pools...etc.., sanded (and sucked up all the dust at the same time) and cleaned my shower with it. Thing is a beast. Does everything the sales rep said it would and more.