Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
408w questions [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 408w questions

capri5.0
08-29-2009, 06:56 PM
what kind of rpm will a 408 turn? how reliable are they?what kinda horsepower are they capable of being n/a?

I am looking to build a 408 all forged internals with the cnc ported canfield heads i just purchased. I understand i will need a custum spec cam because i want rpm and some streetability. I will also be using a victor type intake or funnel web and big tube headers (1 3/4" or 2").

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NXcoupe
08-30-2009, 12:48 AM
Ok, I assume you are using a stock block? If so then the 3" main journals are your limiting factor. I would say safely, for lots of runs, that less than 7k it should be fine. However, to keep your reciprocating mass down, use a lightweight I beam rod with the capscrew bolts. I can get you a special kit with those rods and forged pistons at a competitive price if you want, just pm me. We can ship to your door.

Timido
08-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Like Mike said the 3.0 mains on a stock block limit the RPM on a stock block. Get a Dart block with 2.75 mains and if you want to really turn some RPMS run a short stroke big bore. More money better block in the long run.