Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
HELP! I am attempting to put GT 500 in 96 Cobra Read On [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I am attempting to put GT 500 in 96 Cobra Read On

ProjectPony92
08-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey everyone! I need HELP! I got a hell of a deal on a 2009 Shelby GT 500 motor, trans, complete wiring harness, dash board, fuel tank, fuel pumps, k member and rear end.
I am swapping this 5.4 Supercharged SVT motor into my 1996 Mustang Cobra. I have already swapped fuel tanks upto a 1999 returnless. I currently have a 99 NA motor in the car which I am getting ready to pull a long with the transmission that came with 99 Cobra motor. I would like to beable to use the 6 speed that came with the 09, I have the brake booster for the 09 and the pedal assembly.
I know I have several items from the 09 Shelby that will serve no purpose in this swap but I would like to try and use as much as possible i.e. the rear end and trans if possible. K member I wish.
I believe I have everything off of the 09 Shelby that I need but a swap of this magnitude is going to require a lot of help and input so please don't be shy in offering help and opinions.
At this time I could definitely use the wiring diagrams for both the 1996-1999 and the 2009 Shelby.
I will be including pictures soon and I will be keeping notes throughout the swap for future swaps...
RELEASE THE HOUNDS! and LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Crucial
08-23-2009, 07:15 PM
that GT should fly after the swap

get some pics up!!! lol

if your working on this thing during the weekend i'd gladly stop by and lend a hand

cstreu1026
08-23-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't think the TR6060 transmission will work in the sn95 chasis. The shifter is in a different location. The motor mounts on the shelby drivetrain are probably in a different location so you will probably have to fabricate some. 05yellowgt ran in to motor mount issues when he put a early Teksid aluminum block on his S197. I think your best bet for wiring is trying to adapt your current engine harness to the shelby engine and you will have to rig up something to replace the drive by wire system on the Shelby.

Good luck. Its a huge project but it should be cool when its done.

quik lx
08-23-2009, 09:03 PM
The drive by wire will be one of your biggest hurdles, I think Ford racing has an install kit, but its expensive...good luck, keep us posted.:bigthumb

05yellowgt
08-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Yes you will have to get some sort of motor mount adapters. I'm not sure how you would go about getting the TR6060 to fit shifter wise. You don't have any provisions on your 96 to mount the remote mount shifter. I would have traded you my Viper Spec T56 for the 6060 if I still had the trans.

Wiring wise the DBW throttle will be your biggest hurdle. Best bet might be to get an Accufab or similar TB for an 03-04 cobra. You may have to get an adapter plate made up, I am not sure if the bolt pattern is the same on the GT500 TB as it 03-04 cobra through. Actually, maybe a Ford GT TB would be the ticket for you now that I think about it. You will need a nice cowl hood at minimum for hood clearance too I am thinking. That is a TALL and WIDE motor for sure. Cool project, can't wait to see how it turns out!

NXcoupe
08-24-2009, 10:15 AM
I would think using your current electronics and getting a cable style throttle body to mount up would make it a pretty simple drop in. No sense complicating it with upgrading to an inferior fuel system and complicating the electronics. Good luck with it! sounds killer!

ProjectPony92
08-27-2009, 01:42 AM
UPDATE! Thank God Ford Racing makes a swap in kit for this.... Everything is plug and play!!!!! YES! Life is good at the tune of $1800.00.... But did I mention it is plug and play... Comes with a gas pedal to install that hooks up to the factory electric job on the motor. AWSOME! Its been ordered and I will keep you posted.. As for the trans. issue I may have it solved as well. I will let you know how that turns out also.

ProjectPony92
08-27-2009, 01:48 AM

16080:bigthumb

Crucial
08-27-2009, 01:59 AM
holy crap! bolt in kit? sweeeeet

motor/ trans damn near look new, how many miles on them?

i am going to need to know what the GT this is going into looks like so i dont mess with you on the hwy anywhere rofl

good luck man

nskaats
08-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Looks like this will be a pretty big project, but should be sweet when it's done. Where in NKY you located? I'd love to see it in person. Nothing like 5 lbs of shit into a 1 lb bag. It's gonna be tight!

Any idea if the blower will fit under the stock hood?

ProjectPony92
08-30-2009, 08:51 PM
I asked my Buddy about giving out his address because it is a private resident and he said that if I did not know you personally he would rather I not give out his address... Makes sense.

zippy94
08-30-2009, 09:00 PM
I think I drove passed this car one day, It's has the gt500 wheels on it, And Looked like a kmember out of 05+ car laying in the side yard, Cool project!!!

ProjectPony92
08-31-2009, 02:40 AM
Probably was right before we took it to London... Thanks.

ProjectPony92
09-02-2009, 07:31 AM
According to the odometer the motor and trans have about 9,800 miles. As soon as I got my hands on them I took them to the old quarter wash with some Easy Off oven cleaner, a Brillo pad and a soft wire brush. Some spots needed touching up but I am very happy with the appearance... Looks like it came fresh from the crate. For any body that has never heard of using Easy Off oven cleaner I got the idea from Hot Rod Magazine, the article said that if you can run the motor up to operating temperature it works even better. It definitely made a believer out of me.

firestang70
09-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Cool project. I f you can't use the 6060 let me know, I may be interested.

Crucial
09-02-2009, 10:43 AM
easy off oven cleaner..hummm going to have to try that, lord knows my engine needs something lol

cobra429boss
09-02-2009, 11:12 AM
this is a cool project .. goodluck

ProjectPony92
09-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks.... I need all the luck I can get.

Pitbull1052
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM
They use to make one called Mr. Muscle (oven cleaner) and I use to use it to take a crappy paint job off of my model cars... and it worked very well, just spray it on watch it bubble then hose off........ never damaged any of the plastic or anything

Pitbull1052
09-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Great project by the way........

ProjectPony92
09-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks... But yeah the Easy Off works like a champ!

NXcoupe
09-08-2009, 01:29 AM
I use that as well, have been for a long time, easy off works great on caked on grease and oil. Just keep it away from PAINT! It will eat the paint right off of anything and can etch aluminum if left on too long. All past experiences.

Blkcobra01
09-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Sounds like a awesome project keep us updated.

4barrel
09-25-2009, 01:39 PM
You guys may need to sign up for a membership, but this thread below is a MUST read!
http://www.kyhorsepower.com/forums1/index.php?showtopic=48540&st=0

KobraII
09-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Any progress on this? I really can't wait to see it finished!

4barrel
09-26-2009, 02:40 AM
It seems that projectpony92 is in jail for stealing the gt500 and chopping it. Read the link I posted.

1_slo_92
09-26-2009, 03:46 AM
Wow lets be glad he wasnt around long!!!

1992MustangDW
09-26-2009, 09:36 AM
I hope no one bought anything off of him!

04 Venom
09-26-2009, 09:49 AM
I admire your ambition. That's a big project.

latamud
09-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Holy shif! I've been to that guys house on Spring Valley to look at parts.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172352&page=8
I met Tim, the old guy and Shaun, they were pushing parts, had front clip, 01 Cobra engine and tranny and a bunch of other stuff. They were trying to sell me the Cobra front suspension, brakes K member and all for $250, thought it was a great deal but didn't have room for it in the truck. Shaun said he was just laid off but told me about how they were still getting more cars to part out.
I seen this guy ProjectPony92 on the forums selling the same stuff I saw at the house and figured it was Shaun, and thought it was odd him tellin me he was laid off and now first post on this project is "got a hell of a deal on a 2009 Shelby GT 500 motor, trans, complete wiring harness, dash board, fuel tank, fuel pumps, k member and rear end".
Looks like the cops scooped up the whole family.
Chris Little
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee290/Trunkbutt88
/JT347334.png

Tim Little
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/childrb/716099f.jpg

Shaun Little
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/childrb/JT346140.png

k062693w
09-26-2009, 10:28 AM
WOW !!! I just got done reading about 50 pages on different forums, And all I can say is "What a Loser " !!! Hope he doesn't drop the soap !!! LOL

ProjectPony92
09-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Can some one please show me where there have been any charges brought against member of my family or myself for any form of auto theft? To post shit about a person without any evidence to support such a huge accusation is crazy and slandering to say the least. If I have ever bought a part stolen from anywhere or off of anything it was without my knowledge or being told that it was stolen... I have dealt with a ton of people on Mustangs from Fox bodies to SNs and I have never been accused of stealing any parts or receiving any stolen parts... And I can promise you that if have received anything stolen or sold anything to any one that was stolen the police will receive my total cooperation... I nor any member of my family have been contacted by any form of law enforcement and I will post any contact that I receive in regards to stolen anything... As far as mug shots being posted it is all public information along with the fact that all charges were dismissed against me accept for possession of a controlled substance that being pain medication which I was in possession of but belonged to my brother who has and had a prescription for. As far as getting Mr. Ford his parts he has received most and the rest have been shipped and upon receipt he is more then welcome to have them inspected by his local police department. Please remember there two sides to every tale and you should hear all sides before forming an opinion.

latamud
09-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Can some one please show me where there have been any charges brought against member of my family or myself for any form of auto theft? To post shit about a person without any evidence to support such a huge accusation is crazy and slandering to say the least. If I have ever bought a part stolen from anywhere or off of anything it was without my knowledge or being told that it was stolen... I have dealt with a ton of people on Mustangs from Fox bodies to SNs and I have never been accused of stealing any parts or receiving any stolen parts... And I can promise you that if have received anything stolen or sold anything to any one that was stolen the police will receive my total cooperation... I nor any member of my family have been contacted by any form of law enforcement and I will post any contact that I receive in regards to stolen anything... As far as mug shots being posted it is all public information along with the fact that all charges were dismissed against me accept for possession of a controlled substance that being pain medication which I was in possession of but belonged to my brother who has and had a prescription for. As far as getting Mr. Ford his parts he has received most and the rest have been shipped and upon receipt he is more then welcome to have them inspected by his local police department. Please remember there two sides to every tale and you should hear all sides before forming an opinion.

I apologize, I was was just adding my experience to what i found posted on the other forum linked. True, I have no proof of any foul play. I did not research into this any further than what others have said. And I assumed they were telling the truth, with the way everything played out I put two and two together and it made sense. For hearing all sides before hearing an opinion, its human nature we're pre-wired to form an opinion. It's that whole guilty until proven innocent thing. I doubt you'd be on here posting if you were stuck in jail so I'll be the first to apologize for saying anything. I was amazed when someone posted up your address and it was the same one I had in an email from a few months ago about some parts on craigslist I looked at. So, without a doubt I knew it was you everyone was talking bout and that is as far as I had confirmed. So, welcome back, get that project on the road and have a kick ass ride.

ProjectPony92
09-27-2009, 10:16 AM
this is all crazy im chris brother and i talked to this guys dad and explained chris was in an accident in between lou. and bowling green and was sent to a lou hospital and then transfered to uk in lex he went to our moms last week and i told the guy they are at the shipping co. waiting on someone to pay the shipping that i was short 18.00 to ship them they have been there a week or more chris phone was dammaged in the accident and when they gave me his property i put the sim card in another phone and almost as soon as it came on this guys dad was blowing it up ....NOW i spoke to him yesterday (the dad) and told him if this KID posts a retraction i.e. appolgy i will call him monday morning from the shipping co and ship them if not ill pick them up hell ive had people drive by the house the police showed up and checked the parts we had left and none of them showed up anywhere in there computers i should just tell him to boto hell and let him pay foe OE parts but ill keep to the deal if he does :blahblah: ps ty latamud

ProjectPony92
09-27-2009, 10:16 AM
it got interesting yesterday when i got home from being out on the road for a week and the police show up and say hey they got info can we see the parts you have they went through the house garage and shed and there was no STOLEN PARTS hell they have my dad posted as me when he was picked up on a check my daughter wrote on his acct and he for got about and has only been in jail 1 time foe almost 2hrs befor i could bail him out yes my brother has been in jail but show me any CONVICTIONS it was all droped and as far as anything else like i said ill keep my end of the deal as far as im concerned or involved if he does so lets see if he resoonds.......p.s. did your dad kick your ass like he said he would for all the shit you stired i talked to him while he was on his way to his school reunion

oh yeah i want the posts on stangbangerz and yellow what ever along with this one to show the retraction but also you stated you already ordered the parts....not what dad said.....i gave him my # not santa clause or anyone else but MINE if you need to get ahold of me call me and as far as a stolen gt 500 it was black and white the parts you got are ALL BLACK we had thought about buying a wrecked car and using them but who ever it is that drove by yesterday and posted what cars are in front of the house will be able to tell you that the 2 RED mustangs are 96S and both have temp tags where we bought them instead thats why the parts was being sold and not used

ProjectPony92
09-27-2009, 10:19 AM
i just posted this on kyhorsepower and i cut and pasted it here i hope this helps straighten everything out for anyone courious enough to check this agian

rford426
09-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Just for the record the Trunk and Back bumper still had white stripes thats why the supscion was brought... And no my dad did not kick my ass but its not about that this is not clear until we have a shipping # this is now the 3rd time you have shipped these. When i have a ups number that says when they will be delievered to tulsa oklahoma then they will be shipped. And you were suppose to pay for all of shipping and i guess my dad is picking it all up now. You told my dad yesterday your brother was at home and now hes in the hospitial? When i called his phone it rang the first few times then went to voicemail then to no service. So were is chris right now? Hospitial or your house cause you told my dad he was home yesterday!!!

rford426
09-27-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141907 theres white stripes on that trunk!!!

k062693w
09-27-2009, 01:15 PM
it got interesting yesterday when i got home from being out on the road for a week and the police show up and say hey they got info can we see the parts you have they went through the house garage and shed and there was no STOLEN PARTS hell they have my dad posted as me when he was picked up on a check my daughter wrote on his acct and he for got about and has only been in jail 1 time foe almost 2hrs befor i could bail him out yes my brother has been in jail but show me any CONVICTIONS it was all droped and as far as anything else like i said ill keep my end of the deal as far as im concerned or involved if he does so lets see if he resoonds.......p.s. did your dad kick your ass like he said he would for all the shit you stired i talked to him while he was on his way to his school reunion

oh yeah i want the posts on stangbangerz and yellow what ever along with this one to show the retraction but also you stated you already ordered the parts....not what dad said.....i gave him my # not santa clause or anyone else but MINE if you need to get ahold of me call me and as far as a stolen gt 500 it was black and white the parts you got are ALL BLACK we had thought about buying a wrecked car and using them but who ever it is that drove by yesterday and posted what cars are in front of the house will be able to tell you that the 2 RED mustangs are 96S and both have temp tags where we bought them instead thats why the parts was being sold and not used

That's funny !!! Because here is a pic from your sale ad, And that CLEARLY is BLACK with WHITE STRIPES !!!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/k062693w/07-1020Shelby209620Cobra20Swap20Bod.jpg
I'm not saying they are Stolen or not, But the pics in you For Sale Ad, And what you are saying now are just a little different...

rford426
09-27-2009, 01:16 PM
ITS YELLOWBULLET.COM best forum on the net. NO DOUBT bout it!!!

rford426
09-27-2009, 01:17 PM
^thanks

k062693w
09-27-2009, 01:18 PM
And here is the original Ad, And you can see the tape stripes on the hood where the stripes were removed...

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141907

I'm not trying to start anything, I just don't want anyone on here to get scammed...

ProjectPony92
09-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah there are stripes on Shelby's... Got me there... But where does it say stolen on it? Where does it say, "HELP! I am stolen from a local Ford dealer ship... I am over this shit have fun with it guys. The people who know me know I am far from perfect but know thiefe.... So all you Junior G-Man Badge holders do your investigations, make your slanderiuose remarks, post all the photos of my family that you can find (Mug Shots or otherwise). Just remember that although this is the United States of America and we have the freedom of speech we do not have the right to slander somebodies name or run it through the mud unfounded. Again, "Have Fun with It."

ProjectPony92
09-27-2009, 03:36 PM
PS Buyer said he did not need or want the stripes so I tried to help out by removing them since I have a heat gun. AND your point? Get out of here this stuff... I mean really give it a freakin' break.

rford426
09-27-2009, 03:37 PM
the stolen gt500 thread is on a fbody forum... right here http://www.nkyfba.com/showthread.php...ighlight=gt500

ProjectPony92
09-27-2009, 03:39 PM
NOSE was black, Hood was black, bumper cover was black, trunk deck had stripes yes

rford426
09-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Bumper also had white stripes^^^

ProjectPony92
09-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Where is the rest of the pics showing the rest of the parts? Why did you just pull up the trunk deck? Show all the pics. Trunk deck was the only item that had stripes when I bought them. Although there was glue marks on the others YES there were glue marks on the others. But none of that says I STOLE OR RECIEVED ANYTHING STOLEN! I would be behind bars right now had I... Believe me if these are the parts from said 500 and I knew or thought they had been stolen I would never have posted them on the WORLD WIDE WEBB...

ProjectPony92
09-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Have a great day guys late for the Bengals game...

KenB
09-28-2009, 02:52 AM
Aren't you the same guy that got caught by a police dog stealing parts off a car in our lot years ago?

JIMS SVT
09-28-2009, 04:38 AM
Thats what I thought.

Walter
09-28-2009, 04:40 AM
I was reading that yellowbullet thread yesterday.....

4barrel
09-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Aren't you the same guy that got caught by a police dog stealing parts off a car in our lot years ago?

Things that seem fishy to me:
Stealing parts and getting caught by a police dog.
Drugs that are prescribed to the brother, but in someone elses possession.
Bad checks.

Seems like ALOT of stuff happening for me to believe this guys story.

cobra429boss
09-28-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm gonna chime in on this.. You all know people can change and learn from there mistakes but i dont know this guy and dont care to if he is the way people are puttin him out to be, since he is sayin hes not let the guy show you hes not, but if anyone lets him get over on them its there fault, you cant trust anyone these days not just this guy.. If you think about it if you do the deals the way your suppose to like cash in hand for parts and this and that how can he screw ya..

All im sayin is project pony, is this site is full of good people , if your here to get over on someone its not gonna happen. if not enjoy your stay and have a fun and be the good guy your tellin us you are

KenB
09-28-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm gonna chime in on this.. You all know people can change and learn from there mistakes but i dont know this guy and dont care to if he is the way people are puttin him out to be, since he is sayin hes not let the guy show you hes not, but if anyone lets him get over on them its there fault, you cant trust anyone these days not just this guy.. If you think about it if you do the deals the way your suppose to like cash in hand for parts and this and that how can he screw ya..

All im sayin is project pony, is this site is full of good people , if your here to get over on someone its not gonna happen. if not enjoy your stay and have a fun and be the good guy your tellin us you are

Not really the point. This guy has sold many parts with no issue to members here. Question is, were they stolen.

cobra429boss
09-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Not really the point. This guy has sold many parts with no issue to members here. Question is, were they stolen. its untelling how many parts all of us has bought that were stolen tha twe never knew about.. But if he is passing around stolen parts , if someone got caught with something stolen thats RSP . I would tell the right where it came from

WHYTRY
09-29-2009, 08:45 AM
dam theifs.. nothin worse. someone tryed to steal my car out of my grage two nights ago. to bad the alarm went off and i got the sorry bastards on film and i know who they are.. the dumbass couldnt figure out how open the door up and then looked right at the camera. the cops said it wasent clear enuff but its clear enuff for my actions to be made.. its noone on this site or i would be more public about it...

WHYTRY
09-29-2009, 08:47 AM

wow. thats nuts.

redrocker
09-29-2009, 06:11 PM
did you ever get the parts or shipping number ?

1_slo_92
09-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Where is the rest of the pics showing the rest of the parts? Why did you just pull up the trunk deck? Show all the pics. Trunk deck was the only item that had stripes when I bought them. Although there was glue marks on the others YES there were glue marks on the others. But none of that says I STOLE OR RECIEVED ANYTHING STOLEN! I would be behind bars right now had I... Believe me if these are the parts from said 500 and I knew or thought they had been stolen I would never have posted them on the WORLD WIDE WEBB...

"PS Buyer said he did not need or want the stripes so I tried to help out by removing them since I have a heat gun. AND your point? Get out of here this stuff... I mean really give it a freakin' break."

You contradict your self when you speak? Am i the only one that thinks these two statements clash with one another.

4barrel
09-30-2009, 01:32 PM
"PS Buyer said he did not need or want the stripes so I tried to help out by removing them since I have a heat gun. AND your point? Get out of here this stuff... I mean really give it a freakin' break."

You contradict your self when you speak? Am i the only one that thinks these two statements clash with one another.

No. I'm with you.

1_slo_92
09-30-2009, 01:50 PM
ok just making sure im not seeing things or assuming/accusing him of mixin his story up.

Pitbull1052
09-30-2009, 02:05 PM
that's what happens when you lie.......... you get caught and you have back track and dance around it and then compound the lies..... i've read this whole thing and refrained from posting just seemed to shady and not worth the time..... but yea somethings for sure up, I won't believe otherwise, I mean if Ken said you're the one who was caught stealing and you didnt even take the time to defend that why would I/we believe you now? you know what they say....... Once a theif............. and I think the having the pills that don't belong to you says a lot..... and don't give me the ohhhhh I had a pain well if you had a pain do like the rest of us go to the DR! and trust me I know I don't have insurance either!

Pitbull1052
09-30-2009, 02:07 PM
really if you think about it this board is a perfect place for a theif, we all post up where we live/phone numbers, what we've all got done to our cars etc... not that we should have to worry because I have had nothing but great experiences on here, and I live around a lot of guys on there... but all it takes is one person and it'll always surface it's too tight of a community......

Pitbull1052
09-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I take that back not "this" board... really any board is.....

1_slo_92
09-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Why dont we get rid of him or see if he'll just take him self off the site so no "accidents" happen?

RACEME
09-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Why dont we get rid of him or see if he'll just take him self off the site so no "accidents" happen?

The mods are watching this VERY closely. So far we are just going to let it play out until we get any confirmation that anything illegal has gone on.

5.0calypso93lx
09-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Please return my dads' phone call when you get a chance. Thanks.

ProjectPony92
10-02-2009, 10:12 PM
for all who is interested i kept my word and sent hat parts could be sent through ups the hood was to large and they want 300.00 to send it freight so i agreed to drive 8 hrs to meet them and take the hood to him and he hasnt even offred to pay the gas so its money out of my pocket i hope this helps to ease alot of the stuff said and
ASS-U-ME-ed by anyone concerned or not even though i got caught up in this after deals and all had been made i dont care for people driving by my house and the police knocking on my door for an "investigation being conducted" and its not the fact that they came because i was compliant with their requests but what about my neighbors what do they think thats the most embarsing part hell this is all embarsing but if it didnt matter to me id just stay off the sites but i care what people think about myself and 2 kids i have no control over what grown adults say or do just me and mine and even though i am not my brothers keeper i am steping up and trying to make sure that everyone envolved is done right and no more trouble is brought to my house i even asked my brother to move and he hasnt been back yet so maybe hes upset with me he'll get over it and as for who ever thought they were slick to drive by my house PLZ stop here and say hi and as for the person who offred to come down and kick in my door and take these parts PLZ ill give you money just to knock on my door and tell me your the one its fine when people want to talk or vent hell im a truck driver and i antagonize on the cb for s&g when im bored or tired but to make thouse kind of statments and make me feel that my kids might be in some kind of danger really .....well just be smart and dont show up but i promise if you do ill give you more than the gas money you asked for $$$$$$$$$$$$ just come and get it Tim