Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
who want to paint [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : who want to paint

sean
08-20-2009, 12:47 AM
I have my 79 chevy 4x4 that is getting some rust on it. I have a sander and some primer and I will be doing some very bad bondo work on a few places. i say very bad because I have never done anything like this before. Who knows. Any way, after I sand all the old paint off and primer it and fill some fender holes I was going to take it to maaco. Does anyone on here want to do a cheep but decent paint job on it? I want the factory metallic brown back on it because the inside is brown. I am not looking for a show quality paint job just a nice cheep, look good from 20 feet away. I dont even want the inside of the bed painted, I am going to line is later. I will help all you want and mask it up when I get it to you. Its got some dents and dings in it and it will still have those dents and dings in it when your done painting it. Just a old jacked up part of the family. We call it the hillbilly. Let me know, I will be starting the sanding as soon as the weather permits.
Thank you
Sean

Maximus
08-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Dude, with a name Like Hillbilly, YOU have to paint it! Go hit the Chinese Tool Place...(OH yeah, Harbour Freight) and get their cheap paint gun. Mix that shit up with some reducer and go at it!!
I think it would have more character that way.:bigthumb

sean
08-20-2009, 01:01 AM
Ha ha, I thought about it but if I get the rust fixed, the truck sanded, and all in primer without all my neighbors going nuts and calling the police I will be surprised. I have no where to do it other than the driveway. I dont know if anyone knows anything about mason but I dont think it will fly..lol

Maximus
08-20-2009, 01:26 AM
A buddys Garage with ALOT of plastic will do wonders!!!:bigthumb
If you can manage the Bodywork and primer shit, HELL painting will be cake!!

PonymanfiveO
08-20-2009, 01:44 AM
LMAO!!!!!

dooooitttt! f

sean
08-20-2009, 02:04 AM
I would rather have someone with some experience paint it. I dont even know what reducer is. lol

PonymanfiveO
08-20-2009, 02:19 AM
It reduces the paint.

I tryed to learn this shit but its toooo much.

check out autobody101.com

chadomac
08-20-2009, 02:31 AM
hey i know someone that has a small garage that will let u use it :bigthumb

sean
08-20-2009, 02:49 AM
ha ha guys. I dont have a problem sanding this thing down and doing the best I can with the bondo hair and filler but i dont have any of the things I need to paint. lol This thing need to look better than a 2 year old painted it. ha ha I do appreciate the thought that you guys think I can do it. Usually when I say I am going to fix something that means I am towing my car and a box of parts to a real mechanic.

347sc
08-20-2009, 09:14 AM
I would rather have someone with some experience paint it. I dont even know what reducer is. lol

Experience is over rated, give it a try. You can always redo it

facemelter71
08-20-2009, 09:33 AM
No one can call the police on you.As long as you do it on you own vehicle they cant say anything.If you do it and charge people then your considered a business,then EPA isnt happy with you.I think they allow you like 3 cars a year or some thing like that.Im not to sure.
And ask Gundog when he painted his.He had NEVER even picked up a gun before he sprayed his.
Check his out,its about 3/4 of the way down the page.
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56263

pegasus
08-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Dude, with a name Like Hillbilly, YOU have to paint it! Go hit the Chinese Tool Place...(OH yeah, Harbour Freight) and get their cheap paint gun. Mix that shit up with some reducer and go at it!!
I think it would have more character that way.:bigthumb

nah just hit it with some house paint

chris91
08-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Just do the ol 50 dollar paint job. No spraying involved so your neighbors cant complain!!

http://www.rickwrench.com/index79master.htm?http://www.rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint.html

plated
08-20-2009, 10:26 AM
i did this for guy who was in the same boat as you a BIG ASS BIG BIRD YELLOW LIFTED CHEVY 24hrs later pow f'n camo

Stangman
08-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I remember that truck Chris! lol that was awesome!

GREAZY
08-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Take it to MACCO in Florence KY , they do a good job for the money. I am an experinced paint and bodyman and I used to take the stuff that we put on our car lot there. You almost cant buy the paint for what they charge. I would say they would do it for around $300. Again make sure it is the Florence location, I have used tri-county and Beechmont with bad results.

sean
08-20-2009, 09:07 PM
will they paint this thing metallic brown for that price?

Kevin1989
08-20-2009, 09:15 PM
shit sean paint your truck and ill pay you to paint my contour

SVT Fan
08-20-2009, 09:26 PM
My vote goes to Plated! Let him do it...he does good work.

sean
08-20-2009, 09:53 PM
I am all for plated doing it. I just need some advise as far as prepping it and a price. Right now I am working on hitting the surface rust and primering it. I may just try to find a few doors and fenders and a hood and avoid all the bondo work. we will see. I am going to get at the rust on friday. I just want a decent metallic brown. It will still be driven in the brush so nothing perfect just nice from 20 feet away.

mustangkuhn90lx
08-21-2009, 02:14 AM
i will give you a hand give me a call and we will see what we can do just need to get the price of paint and reducer and parts and i can help you change them my number is 765-821-0672

sean
08-21-2009, 03:41 AM
thank you. I will see you sunday @ 2. This should be fun.

NUTTSGT
08-21-2009, 08:18 PM
If all else fails, do you have a vocational or tech school in your area that would take it on as a project ? or maybe the teacher could recommend of of his students.