Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
things i learned while in cincy Saturday. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : things i learned while in cincy Saturday.

Ryan218
08-04-2009, 02:01 AM
i went down to Cincy on Saturday morning to look at a hatchback, drop off some parts, and drop the motor off with Alan. thanks again!

anyways. ill start with how my night before went.

i worked all night on pulling all the parts i needed to take down with me for a few people to buy. ( figured i would be down here anyways, ill save them the drive ) every single bolt was stuck. and they have only been for what like a thousand miles! :mad: then to pull the cluster out. no biggie. but the screws are striped. another pita right there! then to the lowering springs. now i remember why i hated them things so much. ok so after that hellish of a night was over. ( at 5 am ) i went to sleep for 3 hours. big mistake. even more tired then i was before i went to sleep. I'm waiting on my dad to get up to help me load the engine block and rear end into the truck since i didn't feel like killing my back doing it myself. so its 9 am at this point and i figure ill just go get gas real quick and get a drink while I'm waiting. so i stop by giant eagle and get 28 gallons of gas for $15.xx :) then i go to leave. i pull out and make a right. then stop at a light and make a left. as i making the left the front end lets out a nice loud ass pop noise. my first thought was the ball joint just snapped nope it was th end link. at least that's an easy fix. drove to the parts store and got the end link. i get home and my dads up so we take the broken one off get the new one on in a matter of about 10 mins. so that wasn't that bad of a set back. so now i hit the road for the long drive down 71! so much fun it was with getting to SIT on 71 for 45 mins at a stand still i put the truck in park and shut it off, i think i took a nap for a bit there to, didn't seem like i was sitting there that long! then after that back to driving. so i hit the area by kings island. and then the weather starts to turn start spitting. so i pull over into the gas station under the cover since i didnt have the engine bag over the block. figure well first I'm going to the bathroom. 4 of the monster energy drinks and 2 mountain dews and i was ready to explode! so i walk in and of course a line of 3! ( I'm the 4th ) so were all sitting there....10 mins goes by and still nothing. the lady who works there unlocks the door and peaks into see if this guy is dead or something. and he is shaving!!!! :mad: so the lady tells us to use the ladys bathroom and not to make a mess :lol: after that's all said and done i went back out to put the engine bag over the block. as I'm doing that a guy gets out of his truck. stumbles over and proceeds to ask stupid questions. he is obviously drunk. ( hell he was holding a bud light in his hand ) asks me what im doing. why im putting a plastic bag over the block. why there is a rear end in the back of the truck. why there are springs, and axles. at this pointed i just wanted to leave the gas station lol. so he stumbles in and buys 2 cases loads them into his truck and he gets in and they both drive over to do some more drinking i guess. ( mind you. its about 12:00 at this point, hey 5 o clock somewhere right? ) so i get to where I'm dropping the rear end off. easy enough to get to. then on to look at this hatchback. well it took forever to get there it seemed like traffic was shitty. it would pour rain. then sprinkle. then stop and do this all over again. get there and look at the hatch. LOVE IT, going back to pick it up on Thursday :D ( thanks ole man! i owe him one. ) then drive over to aslan's place to drop of the black and all the rotating assembly stuff. so i leave there after talking with him and his son for a bit. ( great group of people! ) i leave there and go to take the stock axles to a guy. no biggey going to go drop them off at his house since he is at the fair i think he said with his family, well ill be damned if i don't think this tom tom took me through the ghettos part of cincy around! all i saw was camaros with a lift on them and huge ass wheels that are worth more then the whole car. a few other pos things as well. ( yes i turned my country music down :cool2: ) so i drop these axles off and as i get out of the truck im meet by a little cat. very friendly. so i sat there for a few mins and petted it lol. the people next door were giving me all sorts of weird looks as i pulled the axles out of the bed of the truck and walked back to his garage. and of course his driveway was long as hell! so then its time to go home. atleast the drive home was cake. oh and one more thing. when i left from looking at the hatch...for anyone wondering. no the beechmont ford entrance is not the entrance ramp to the highway :bangwall: since i turned in there if figured id look to see if i saw terry's cobra. but i didn't. and needed gas so i went and filled up...this time for $36.00 still wasn't bad for going 388 miles total.

and i saw alot of nice foxbodys while i was down there...a black vert too :(

Pitbull1052
08-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Wow now that's a trip Ryan..... hey thanks again for dropping the axle off... it's going in this weekend and hopefully I'll be able to post some pics

MrsAPE
08-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Scott told me yesterday about the hatchback...so excited for you!! Alan told me a bit about your day..poor guy!! Sounds like some good came from it!!

supercab78
08-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Hey Ryan; That's a hell of a day, now I know why you sounded so stressed when I called you. My cat must have known you needed some therapy! After a day like that I would have totally understood if you didn't drop off the axles. But you kept your word. Don't see that much these days especially from a younger person. Since I wasn't there to pay, Ryan was even good enough to let me mail a check, which WILL get mailed today. Thanks again!! (I once helped a 20 year old put an engine in a Honda. He was down & out, no family to help him. We finished up late at night. The floor was a mess of oil and antifreeze so I asked him to come over in the morning to clean up. He shows up at 5PM as I'm finishing the clean up. Now that gratitude for you.)

beefcake
08-04-2009, 01:38 PM
holy no breaks in the typing batman lol

http://thepinksylphide.com/images/cardcaptor-sakura/Break%20Wall.png

Ryan218
08-04-2009, 03:55 PM
holy no breaks in the typing batman lol

http://thepinksylphide.com/images/cardcaptor-sakura/Break%20Wall.png

psh you should see the way i run my mouth...i never shut up :lol:

Ryan218
08-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Hey Ryan; That's a hell of a day, now I know why you sounded so stressed when I called you. My cat must have known you needed some therapy! After a day like that I would have totally understood if you didn't drop off the axles. But you kept your word. Don't see that much these days especially from a younger person. Since I wasn't there to pay, Ryan was even good enough to let me mail a check, which WILL get mailed today. Thanks again!! (I once helped a 20 year old put an engine in a Honda. He was down & out, no family to help him. We finished up late at night. The floor was a mess of oil and antifreeze so I asked him to come over in the morning to clean up. He shows up at 5PM as I'm finishing the clean up. Now that gratitude for you.)

no problem, i was about to take him/her home with me to keep my company on the drive home :lol:

MrsAPE
08-04-2009, 06:46 PM
psh you should see the way i run my mouth...i never shut up :lol:

Between you and Alan I didn't get a word in!! :lol:

sean
08-05-2009, 11:27 AM
oh yea, those jacked up cars on 26s apparently are called donks???? They get a shitty car and jack it up and try to sell it for 10x what its worth.... I think I will go to the rant section and do a little ranting now.

2007ShelbyCobra
08-05-2009, 01:15 PM
here, ill urban dictionary this.

"donks"
Classics and larger cars , mostly domestic, lifted and fitted with 20" wheels or greater. Most with bold candy paint and designer inspired "patterned" interiors. Popular in southern states and rap videos, or with people with to much money and a old car.
example:
yo check out my donks ridin 28's yo.

sean
08-05-2009, 03:26 PM
very nice. I think if you have a donk it should be legal to shoot at you on sight. Put a big chrome step bar on a montecarlo ss. Some of these stupid things sit higher than my truck.... And it has a lift on it. Freaking idiots

chadomac
08-05-2009, 03:58 PM
here you go donkey kong these guys are retarded :rofl::rofl:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb172/d-boy894/DONK.jpg"]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb172/d-boy894/DONK.jpg

sean
08-05-2009, 04:08 PM
there ya go. Who has th AK??????? Cut that P.O.S. down. Go ahead and pick off anyone standing by admiring that thing too. :drunk::redx2:

2007ShelbyCobra
08-05-2009, 10:27 PM
common now, lets all take a look at a video i preceded to take earlier this summer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHv-JJbK4ns

95redstang
08-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Dude you came down during jazzfest weekend. I was downtown with all those pieces of junk. I seen a few camaros that looked like the size of gravedigger...

sean
08-06-2009, 01:11 AM
yea and they all end up on c/l for 12,000 and up. Its amazing how far people can get on welfair and drugs.