Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Our New "GO FAST" TOY as of 5 minutes ago!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Our New "GO FAST" TOY as of 5 minutes ago!!

PONYGRL
07-29-2009, 04:01 PM
So I just bought this, moments ago..... :rolleyes:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9764

# Produces 550 hp at 6000 RPM with 93 octane at approximately 11 psi of boost!
# Produces 542 lb-ft of torque at 4400 RPM
# Kit includes intake manifold, supercharger, drive belt, and all other accessories for installation of the supercharger
# Includes Pro-Cal tool voucher with kit
# Premium fuel required
# Similar to 400 hp kit but with smaller pulley, complete air to liquid intercooler system and dual fuel pump, fuel pump driver, and harness

As of right now, it's being installed on the Roush. Chris currently has a shaker system w/awesome paint job (that just got done, of course) on the hood, but I think we are installing the shaker on my car now and I'll get the hood painted.....again.

With my past 2 toys, I immediately sustained 2 injuries....
-New Mustang-completely closed car door on hand and almost lost a finger
-New 4wheeler-almost lost my eye by a branch

So we'll try to not blow up the car, or atleast me since I seem to be the only unfortunate one :lol:

Since I am technically the one who bought it, I am definitely being the 1st one to drive it and take it down the track- I can't wait. Whadd'ya think?

Maximus
07-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Who is giving away Superchargers??:lol:

Go start a Projects in Progress thread.:bigthumb

Pitbull1052
07-29-2009, 04:05 PM
does it really cost 7K?

PONYGRL
07-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Yes sirrrr

R825OH
07-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Can I borrow some money????LOL

Pitbull1052
07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
ouch....... must be nice especially on a nanny's salary :OP lol j/k should be awesome

YTryCobra
07-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Can't wait to see it. Is it going to be done before Sunday? If so bring it to Fillmores. Better save some money for new tires.

sean
07-29-2009, 04:23 PM
wow, should be a lot of fun. but please.... BE CAREFUL. With the luck you have I dont even want to think of what could happen. This will be the one to break the trend.

USMCPONY
07-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the forced induction crowd. You will never go back to NA once you get use to it.

PONYGRL
07-29-2009, 06:09 PM
We actually aren't getting it installed until.....later on. December at the earliest and we could possibly even wait till next year. & no Bill that is the reason we are BROKE!!

Kevin1989
07-29-2009, 09:48 PM
i would wait till the winter to put it under the knife. so then the first sunny warm day it will be like a brand new car:)

DeckerEnt
07-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Congrats!!!!

cobrajoe
07-30-2009, 03:23 AM
We actually aren't getting it installed until.....later on. December at the earliest and we could possibly even wait till next year. & no Bill that is the reason we are BROKE!!

Man I want your kinda of broke!!! All my stuff is second hand so far! Oh tell me your secrets!

PONYGRL
07-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Every single part we have on our cars so far is used.... my exhaust, hpipe, bumper, louvers, intake, shifter, wheels (same roush wheels Chris has on his car, but they need re-finished)- everything!! Same for Chris'-his headers, xpipe, wheels, intake, programmer, tires, rear window louvers, shifter, shaker system and hood, etc. Besides the 2 sets of mufflers we bought 2 wks ago, that we just picked up at md this wk (we HAD to buy them too b/c of the offset), the supercharger is the 1st thing we bought new, but we certainly didn't pay over $7k for it ;)

We are bargain shoppers and you should see our car parts list for the past 6 months, what the retail was and what we actually paid. I think we have saved over $10k so far which makes it not so depressing.

I think waiting till winter is also a good idea. Once everything is paid off and I get my dd, which could be in late October, I might start looking for one. One of our friends who has a new shelby said he would basically give his supercharger to me (the one that came factory on his shelby) because he just got a KB installed this wk. Problem is it's for a 5.0 so it can't work on my car....not cheaply anyway.

PonymanfiveO
07-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Congrats! Those are bad ass!

Stangman
07-30-2009, 08:44 AM
One of our friends who has a new shelby said he would basically give his supercharger to me (the one that came factory on his shelby) because he just got a KB installed this wk. Problem is it's for a 5.0 so it can't work on my car....not cheaply anyway.

Hows that work? New Shelby's are 5.4's... I would think it would work as long as you had a lower intake to go with it... IDK

YTryCobra
07-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Building a nice car is not a cheap project. It's like a never ending thing. You will always find something you want or need. Don't sweat it. You and Chris have very nice cars. Once you get that supercharger on there. I'm sure the list is going to grow even more.

Black Horse
07-30-2009, 09:08 AM
That is going to be one badazz ride for certain! I look forward to seeing you top the WW list!

ibstrokin
07-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Congrats, that should be a handful.

ponymom05
07-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Unemployment has suited you well this year. It won't take much to get to the top of the WW list since none of them race anyway. Enjoy!

cobrajoe
07-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Unemployment has suited you well this year. It won't take much to get to the top of the WW list since none of them race anyway. Enjoy!

She's doing this on unemployment?!?. Damn I must definitely be doing something wrong.:lol:

05yellowgt
07-30-2009, 10:44 AM
There isn't a lower manifold to fit that stock shelby blower on a 4.6 3v. Plus the pulley offsets are wrong and the shelby blower is a 10 rib setup. Anything is possible, but their won't be an easy way of getting that blower on your car.

Congrats on taking the plunge you both are going to love it!

PONYGRL
07-30-2009, 04:43 PM
I am technically unemployed and not getting unemployment, just babysitting on the side for typically very wealthy people, just to clarify. But Chris has been back to work for a while, after being laid off for nearly a year.

It will be a long time before I can do anything else to my car, plus I need to focus on school and graduating next year....and finding another job. We'll have a couple things to pay off and I am going to try to get a dd....and right now my condo's for sale and everything is chaotic and stressful...

And I know it is addicting. We want everything and it is really, really sad. It's like a money pit and when I think about how much we have spent, and look at both the cars, they are currently still somewhat ordinary and not very modded, it's crazy.

YTryCobra
07-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey your cars are very nice. Don't worry about what people say or think.

cobrajoe
07-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey your cars are very nice. Don't worry about what people say or think.

So what you trying to say there?:confused::rolleyes:

YTryCobra
07-31-2009, 07:55 AM
Just seems like some people are giving them a hard time.

cobrajoe
07-31-2009, 08:00 AM
Just seems like some people are giving them a hard time.

I don't see that?!?:confused:

YTryCobra
07-31-2009, 09:23 AM
I guess it's just me.:dunno:

quik lx
07-31-2009, 09:34 AM
It won't take much to get to the top of the WW list since none of them race anyway. Enjoy!

Careful there....some of those women (3 that i know of) have spent the last year in school and just graduated getting jobs that pay excellent salaries. 1 of those women just had a baby a few months ago also, so just because they dont make it to UMTR events dont mean there not rac'in. Matter of fact there is a great tattoo on my road (done recently) from last years #2 WW.:D

BTW congrates on the supercharger purchase!:bigthumb

cobra429boss
07-31-2009, 09:44 AM
if you paid 7k for that you got ripped off IMO

cobra429boss
07-31-2009, 09:51 AM
all im sayin is , I think you should of asked around here to let people know what you wanted out of your car. but hey if you got money like that go for it

cobrajoe
07-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Oh boy! Here it goes! :popcorn::chug:

I did see one of them getting home awful late the other other morning, thought I was the only one that worked stupid hours!:lol:

PONYGRL
08-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I was just trying to state the fact....since this is a mustang forum and we were just excited about it. No need for people to get all defensive. And thanks ytry.

cobrajoe
08-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Who got defensive? :confused:

ibstrokin
08-01-2009, 08:33 PM
all im sayin is , I think you should of asked around here to let people know what you wanted out of your car. but hey if you got money like that go for it

Sometimes big boys and girls make decisions all by themselves.

PONYGRL
08-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Ohh NO! Could it be.......????

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/YerSecksy/whipple001.jpg

sean
08-20-2009, 05:39 PM
coool. get that thing on there.

Yknot
08-20-2009, 06:25 PM
It's called Credit Cards.....and they can get you in trouble very, very fast

Maximus
08-20-2009, 10:07 PM
It's called Credit Cards.....and they can get you in trouble very, very fast

Actually, if she is babysitting and getting paid CASH, she will have that SC paid off quick! I know, I pay my babysitter well.:)

2Kblacksleeper
08-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Plus not everyone throws there financial situation out there for everyone to know. I know I wish I could afford to do what some drop on their cars. I am not to that point yet.
I look toward to that day and read what everyone does so I don't waste money and make mistakes.

After all when my dd gets paid off, I'm building a garage. Then building a few toys. Maybe another Lightning but with 800 horses. A slightly used GT500, or a regular stang GT but built to the hilt with a F2 or turbo?

It will just depend on my mood and money when that time comes.
We should all respect what each other does. That way everyone has a guinea pig so to speak and learns what to buy and what not to waste money on.

John

mustangatic
08-21-2009, 04:27 AM
all I can say is IM JEALOUS :coo1:

mailman
08-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Yummy.

PONYGRL
08-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Well our cars are basically the only thing we spend money on.. those of you who have met us know we are cheapskates... We hardly EVER eat out... and we use coupons on everything we can... and the supercharger will be paid off in a couple short weeks.

Next year or the following, I "think" I am going to try to get the super shaker for my car. And my car will be the main one that sucks until then.

The supercharger is not getting installed on Chris' car until I get my d.d. though because we are going to try to get it installed at ford... I know it's more expensive, but I think he's better off not voiding his warranty.

Anyway here are some pics I had to take.... as they ran to the front door like little schoolboys, almost. And yeah.... you guys can see why we need a freakin' house and a 2 car garage... it is getting BAD in there. We can't find anything and are literally out of room....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/YerSecksy/whipple005.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/YerSecksy/whipple002.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/YerSecksy/whipple003.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/YerSecksy/whipple004.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/YerSecksy/whipple006.jpg

Walter
08-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Why not get the Techo for that kind of $$$ ?

Pitbull1052
08-21-2009, 09:05 AM
That's awesome!!!!!!!!!

PONYGRL
08-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Why not get the Techo for that kind of $$$ ?

I know, we have heard that the techos are supposed to be awesome and our buddy w/a shelby just got a kennebell installed a few wks ago. We got ours brand new for almost half price and it wasn't really a planned purchase so it was really hard to not pass up.

sean
08-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Man that is gonna be cool