Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cash for Clunkers Rocks! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cash for Clunkers Rocks!

Black Horse
07-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Well...I went and did it, dumped the old F350 (1986 6.9 Diesel) for a 2009 F250 with the 5.4 gas. At first I didn't think the Super Dutys were going to qualify, but it was worth $3500 (a bunch more than I could have sold it for).
With my A-plan, $3500 in cash incentives and the CFC I drove home a happy camper. I hate to think the old girl is getting mashed...

My apologies to Beef....did the deal locally (Tragresser) as my old truck needed some effort if I was to take it too far from home. I was their 1st CFC customer, it was a pain at first but I think we ironed out the kinks for the next ones.

On top of the deal, I'll be getting a check back for what the salvage guys pay the Dealer...cool!

Now is your chance to save some cash and get our economy rolling! I did my part!

beefcake
07-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Well...I went and did it, dumped the old F350 (1986 6.9 Diesel) for a 2009 F250 with the 5.4 gas. At first I didn't think the Super Dutys were going to qualify, but it was worth $3500 (a bunch more than I could have sold it for).
With my A-plan, $3500 in cash incentives and the CFC I drove home a happy camper. I hate to think the old girl is getting mashed...

My apologies to Beef....did the deal locally (Tragresser) as my old truck needed some effort if I was to take it too far from home. I was their 1st CFC customer, it was a pain at first but I think we ironed out the kinks for the next ones.

On top of the deal, I'll be getting a check back for what the salvage guys pay the Dealer...cool!

Now is your chance to save some cash and get our economy rolling! I did my part!

:( :(

05yellowgt
07-27-2009, 11:03 PM
What are the rules for CFC anyway? What qualifies?

Paul408Notch
07-27-2009, 11:07 PM
A friend of mine in AZ just did it this weekend too. I believe the stipulations are that it has to be a maximum of 25 years old, get 18mpg combined or less, and has to be registered to your name for at least 1 year.

beefcake
07-27-2009, 11:10 PM
* Your vehicle must be less than 25 years old on the trade-in date
* Only purchase or lease of new vehicles qualify
* Generally, trade-in vehicles must get 18 or less MPG (some very large pick-up trucks and cargo vans have different requirements)
* Trade-in vehicles must be registered and insured continuously for the full year preceding the trade-in
* You don't need a voucher, dealers will apply a credit at purchase
* Program runs through Nov 1, 2009 or when the funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.
* The program requires the scrapping of your eligible trade-in vehicle, and that the dealer disclose to you an estimate of the scrap value of your trade-in. The scrap value, however minimal, will be in addition to the rebate, and not in place of the rebate.

anyone looking for anything let me know, the money will be gone pretty quick no where near nov,

don't forget stangbangerz gets a $100 donation if you buy from me as well

Blacksunshine
07-27-2009, 11:18 PM
I Bought one too at Beechmont Ford.... I looked for you Terry.... It was Sunday.... We couldnt find you : ( My wife was hell bent on getting the Ford Escape that day as they were flying off the lot..... I wish I could have delt with you buddy but I could not find ya. Our sales lady was Marsha and she was cool. I would like too add that Beechmont Ford has earned my buisness.. This is the only time ive ever bought a car new that I did not hate the experience. The staff here at Beechmont Ford are top notch. Thanks again and sorry Terry I missed ya.

John....AKA Blacksunshine

sean
07-27-2009, 11:37 PM
I gotta chime in here. I am a car guy. I sold for years and years and when I can I will prob sell again. If you are looking for a car and can make it to beechmont ford and want to see terry, Do just that. I know he will do the same thing I did when I missed sales because of being off or not aware that friends and family were coming in. I would say no big deal and make sure you were happy and smile, but inside I was a little upset. I lost money and didnt get to help out a friend or family member. Some of these sales people are skaters and unless you say something to terry, he may never know you were even there. All I am saying is he makes money when he sells a car and if we are going to buy one try real hard to buy it directly from him. Call him and set it up. If you drop in and he isnt there try to get ahold of him because once someone puts in some work it can turn into a half deal and whoever else you may be dealing with may act like you are getting a good deal and you may even think your getting a good deal but they may actually be ripping your head off.
I dont want anyone to take this the wrong way. All I am saying is we have someone we know and trust, lets use him to his full potential and save some money for sure and make terry and stangbangerz their money.

Blacksunshine
07-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Beleive me....i tried. He's the reason I left tri cty Ford to come here and work with Terry. I have heard nothing but great things and I have no doubt that he would have went to batt for me as I think he is tops !! My Wife was hell bent on the silver one she picked and that was that... lol She lost one right in front of her eyes as the customer just grabbed it !! Howeever Good news , Its my turn for a car next and I will be returning to Ford and Terry will be my sales rep.. I will wait !!! again Beechmont Ford rules and again I'm sorry We missed you terry.

John

sean
07-27-2009, 11:54 PM
oh yea... congrats on the new cars. Dont we post pics of new toys on here? lol

dawsin94cobra
07-28-2009, 12:25 AM
my buddy works at for and gets paid to blow up the engines in cars all day,,, i am jealous

bobtsgt
07-28-2009, 06:32 AM
my buddy works at for and gets paid to blow up the engines in cars all day,,, i am jealous
my buddy at Toyota does the same thing. guess its the only wya they can officially scrap them or something.

PONYGRL
07-28-2009, 07:00 AM
We were thinking about it too... Right now I am looking for a dd. We went to Fords, Pontiac, etc and I have been looking online. I think I'll have to outright buy something though. I'm stuck between buying a new focus or fusion- or buying something used, as soon as next month or I might wait till next May. I thought about buying a truck or something to drive till next summer then trading it in.... but I dunno what I'm going to do yet, all I know is I can't keep driving the mustang like I am now and I dont like to during the winter.

It is a great thing that will definitely help the economy but like Chris brought up to me the other day- it is supposed to stimulate the economy but I think the car should have to be AMERICAN!!! Why are we giving people 3-4K to buy a new FOREIGN car?? I know part of it has to do with emissions and the environment, but it doesn't make much sense.... I just think it would be more beneficial if that was part of the policy.

At pontiac, they had cars on hold on Sunday so that people could buy them on Monday (yesterday), when Cash For Clunkers officially went into effect. A lot of people are getting great deals!

Black Horse
07-28-2009, 07:34 AM
Just a side note for my friends and family here at SBZ - if you need an X-Plan to buy that new Ford, give me a shout!

beefcake
07-28-2009, 07:50 AM
just so you guys know, my cell number is readily available, and if you just show up and i'm simply not there

as long as you ask for me, i will get split on the deal and stangbangerz will get their referral.

all you have to do is ask for me and then be sure to let me know you were there after the fact so that i can make sure i wasn't "SKATED"

when one of my coworkers is off and i sell a car, i am always sure to put their name on half the deal

John, you said you looked for me, by looking for me did you tell marcia you were looking for me or did you just look around and not see me and assume i wasn't there?

If you asked for me then I should get half the deal and Stangbangerz will get their referral, please let me know.

beefcake
07-28-2009, 07:55 AM
I gotta chime in here. I am a car guy. I sold for years and years and when I can I will prob sell again. If you are looking for a car and can make it to beechmont ford and want to see terry, Do just that. I know he will do the same thing I did when I missed sales because of being off or not aware that friends and family were coming in. I would say no big deal and make sure you were happy and smile, but inside I was a little upset. I lost money and didnt get to help out a friend or family member. Some of these sales people are skaters and unless you say something to terry, he may never know you were even there. All I am saying is he makes money when he sells a car and if we are going to buy one try real hard to buy it directly from him. Call him and set it up. If you drop in and he isnt there try to get ahold of him because once someone puts in some work it can turn into a half deal and whoever else you may be dealing with may act like you are getting a good deal and you may even think your getting a good deal but they may actually be ripping your head off.
I dont want anyone to take this the wrong way. All I am saying is we have someone we know and trust, lets use him to his full potential and save some money for sure and make terry and stangbangerz their money.

i really appreciate that very much, as it is how i make my living and i try to make it as easy as possible for those on here.

good credit, bad credit, no ones info goes anywhere, so i hope that never scares anyone either. especially if you've has some hickups,

i make a good living selling cars, but it's because i do a lot of referrals and i spend almost 6 days a week at the dealership from open to close.

i was actually there this past sunday for about 2 hours as well as i had a customer who called me from sat and wanted to buy their car so i came in, i was also in last sunday for a bit

i will be 20 days without a whole day off from work, and thats if i take this sunday off.

if your a plan buyer, the price is the same no matter where you go, the difference buying from me is that you obviously support a friend, and i make sure stangbangerz gets a referral, and i'll make sure to get you top $$ on your trade if one is involved

hope i don't sound like i'm whining, but i personally always try to network, if i can give my business to someone on here for something, i'm gonna do it,

if someone i know can do something for me, i'd much rather benefit them than joe blow who i don't know

Stangman
07-28-2009, 08:11 AM
:lol: I got a flyer in the mail from Beechmont Subaru (my old work of all places!) Telling me they'd give me $4,500 for my '94 GT :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Talk about pushy! The gov. seems to be doing whatever they can to get old cars off the road... screw them. I love my OLD car.

I ended up keeping the flyer cuz it had a nice picture of a silver '94 GT :lol:

But heck, for what it is, it sounds like a pretty good deal to get a new car out of it. Just not for me... Unless a 2008 or 2009 GT was in the deal....

Blackpony
07-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Chrysler is matching the CFC deal

facemelter71
07-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Might be lookin to get rid of the 86 F250 for a newer F250.Just not to sure yet.I think as soon as the wife gets a job ill be lookin.Just dont know yet.

cstreu1026
07-28-2009, 08:59 AM
It is a great thing that will definitely help the economy but like Chris brought up to me the other day- it is supposed to stimulate the economy but I think the car should have to be AMERICAN!!! Why are we giving people 3-4K to buy a new FOREIGN car?? I know part of it has to do with emissions and the environment, but it doesn't make much sense.... I just think it would be more beneficial if that was part of the policy.

A lot of those "foreign" cars are built in the US. In fact a lof them are built within 2 or 3 hours of Cincinnati. The dealerships selling and servicing them are also American owned businesses. Most of the foreign manufacturers are traded on US stock exchanges. Just because it isn't one of the big three doesn't mean buying a car from them will not have a positive impact on the economy.

beefcake
07-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Might be lookin to get rid of the 86 F250 for a newer F250.Just not to sure yet.I think as soon as the wife gets a job ill be lookin.Just dont know yet.

most dealers are already starting to stop taking clunker deals,

for $1billion it's only 14 deals per dealership in the country, i know of 3 dealers that have done over 100 themselves

beefcake
07-28-2009, 09:10 AM
btw, it's hard to miss me lol

http://beef-cake.net/officewindow.jpg

302coupe
07-28-2009, 09:20 AM
i really appreciate that very much, as it is how i make my living and i try to make it as easy as possible for those on here.

good credit, bad credit, no ones info goes anywhere, so i hope that never scares anyone either. especially if you've has some hickups,

i make a good living selling cars, but it's because i do a lot of referrals and i spend almost 6 days a week at the dealership from open to close.

i was actually there this past sunday for about 2 hours as well as i had a customer who called me from sat and wanted to buy their car so i came in, i was also in last sunday for a bit

i will be 20 days without a whole day off from work, and thats if i take this sunday off.

if your a plan buyer, the price is the same no matter where you go, the difference buying from me is that you obviously support a friend, and i make sure stangbangerz gets a referral, and i'll make sure to get you top $$ on your trade if one is involved

hope i don't sound like i'm whining, but i personally always try to network, if i can give my business to someone on here for something, i'm gonna do it,

if someone i know can do something for me, i'd much rather benefit them than joe blow who i don't know

ok terry when i bought my lightning it was the first car for me to buy from a dealer and ill just say this about you i have looked at other dealers and they are so fing pushy and with you its not like that at all i was so pleased to have bought my truck from you lol i was at kings island and terry was doing all the paper work and playuin gphone tag with me to get information and even go out of his and call me back and tell me i was approved and how much it was going to cost me. tons of kudos for you man if i have to ill always buy from you.

Stangman
07-28-2009, 09:25 AM
If I only still had my '74 Plymouth Scamp... :lol:

And Terry, I gotta admit... Having your own sticker on the window is pretty cool! :bigthumb

beefcake
07-28-2009, 09:29 AM
If I only still had my '74 Plymouth Scamp... :lol:

And Terry, I gotta admit... Having your own sticker on the window is pretty cool! :bigthumb

paint baby, paint

i think so too. the owners really like me and i like them, with 40 or so salesman here, it's pretty cool to have a couple windows to myself :)

Maximus
07-28-2009, 09:36 AM
most dealers are already starting to stop taking clunker deals,

for $1billion it's only 14 deals per dealership in the country, i know of 3 dealers that have done over 100 themselves

How many of those Dealerships are closing thou? Superior Chev said they were closing on Friday.:(

Mista Bone
07-28-2009, 02:37 PM

Both my current cars were built in OHIO by OHIO workers using steel from OHIO. The engine and transmission were both cast and assembled in OHIO thereby employing more OHIO workers.

Both are Honda's though.

Ford Focus, made in Mexico although I believe Ford has shifted the production to the Wayne MI plant.

As far as buying from the big three, even though I'm not a Ford fan, they were the only company of the big three to get it right and not need bailout money.

2010 Focus Wagon is something I'll be looking at soon.

beefcake
07-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Both my current cars were built in OHIO by OHIO workers using steel from OHIO. The engine and transmission were both cast and assembled in OHIO thereby employing more OHIO workers.

Both are Honda's though.

Ford Focus, made in Mexico although I believe Ford has shifted the production to the Wayne MI plant.

As far as buying from the big three, even though I'm not a Ford fan, they were the only company of the big three to get it right and not need bailout money.

no you won't, they haven't made the focus wagon since 2007 lol

Mista Bone
07-28-2009, 02:48 PM
no you won't, they haven't made the focus wagon since 2007 lol

Not what I read about the Euro based styling model being made in the USA.....and wagon a possibility.

Black Horse
07-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Mista - you might want to wait for the soon to be out Transit Connect (small delivery type vehicle on the Focus base).

Paul408Notch
07-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Or a Fiesta!

Mista Bone
07-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Mista - you might want to wait for the soon to be out Transit Connect (small delivery type vehicle on the Focus base).

Don't think I need that much room, plus can the little 4 cylinder move it???

Or a Fiesta!

Only Fiesta I would ever consider, Shogun.

Gene
07-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Only Fiesta I would ever consider, Shogun.

That was a FESTIVA. Big difference.

5.0calypso93lx
07-28-2009, 06:19 PM
If I hadn't owned my ranger for only about a month, I would have already stopped by :(

dsmawd350
07-28-2009, 08:36 PM
can you trade in a clunker on a pre-owned xar you have there on the lot? or only brand new vehicles

Paul408Notch
07-28-2009, 08:43 PM
can you trade in a clunker on a pre-owned xar you have there on the lot? or only brand new vehicles

* Only purchase or lease of new vehicles qualify

this.

PONYGRL
07-29-2009, 07:08 AM

Both are Honda's though.

Well maybe I am just brainwashed by my fiance then because he is in a union and drives me truly freakin' crazy with all his Ford and 'made in America' talk...99% of the time.

I used to own an Acura and I loved it, but traded it to get a Mustang.... and I'd love to get a Honda one day, despite the fact that he would still crucify me for it.

Sorry for my (obviously) uneducated assumption.

98stangv6
07-29-2009, 11:07 AM
How exactly is the MPG judged?

beefcake
07-29-2009, 11:13 AM
How exactly is the MPG judged?

go here and enter your vehicle

http://www.cashforclunkers.ford.com/

facemelter71
07-29-2009, 12:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHA,mine says 11 mpg.Thats a lie.More like 11 GPM.

Mista Bone
07-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Well maybe I am just brainwashed by my fiance then because he is in a union and drives me truly freakin' crazy with all his Ford and 'made in America' talk...99% of the time.

I used to own an Acura and I loved it, but traded it to get a Mustang.... and I'd love to get a Honda one day, despite the fact that he would still crucify me for it.

Sorry for my (obviously) uneducated assumption.

I'm all for the american worker. If Ford can get to the level of Honda, which I think they have made great strides, I will buy a Ford. I not like the new Honda's, only the City would be of use to me and it is too tiny.

4barrel
07-29-2009, 02:12 PM
A lot of those "foreign" cars are built in the US. In fact a lof them are built within 2 or 3 hours of Cincinnati. The dealerships selling and servicing them are also American owned businesses. Most of the foreign manufacturers are traded on US stock exchanges. Just because it isn't one of the big three doesn't mean buying a car from them will not have a positive impact on the economy.

I agree 100%!

4barrel
07-29-2009, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=beefcake;491489 * Trade-in vehicles must be registered and insured continuously for the full year preceding the trade-in
[/QUOTE]

My wife and I plan to give our car to the mother in law, and buy a new car. Does the mother in law's old car have to be registered to US for a year, or just registered in general?

k062693w
07-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Registered to you !!! The purchaser...

4barrel
07-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Dang!

BigBadStang
07-29-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm all for the american worker. If Ford can get to the level of Honda, which I think they have made great strides, I will buy a Ford. I not like the new Honda's, only the City would be of use to me and it is too tiny.

You obviously haven't gotten out and truly experienced the build quality of the Fords.

Mista Bone
07-30-2009, 12:09 AM
You obviously haven't gotten out and truly experienced the build quality of the Fords.

Too many horror stories from the past.

For example, Lincoln Mark 7's I believe, the robot installing the engine cradle would screw up and strip the threads. One guy would sit further down the line "slitting" slightly larger bolts and ramming them in with a impact, cutting there own threads on the way in.

Quality Job #1 my ass!!!!!!

Just don't tell Jon.......he'll be ripping his Hot Rod Lincoln apart checking this.

mustangboy
07-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Lincoln Mark VII's, hell that was 20 years ago.

Mista Bone
07-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Maybe it was SC's????

Sorry, I'm not into all the Ford product lines, just seen the pics.

The funny pics was when the robot installing the roof panel got confused and kept slamming the roof onto the car before welding. What the the union employees do? Laugh and take pics.

50-60 frames were scraped before the line was shut down.

Even worse, when the robot's go "crazy" because they cannot find "home".....it is a death wish even being close to them.

Would I buy a Focus now? If I fit comfortably in it. I will say this, I would rent one for 1-2 days to be sure. I'm very picky about what I like and how the car fits. Thus the reason I've stuck with 88-95 Civics, I fit well in them, just like the three Escort/EXP's I had before that.

New Stangs......don't sure yet....that football field of a hood out front is not fun for the courier work I do.

The Transit that Dave suggested, I'll wait on the "power" or "underpowered" reports.

The older 2003-2004 SVT Focus, yeah I was tempted, but broke!

Black Horse
07-30-2009, 08:36 AM
You really need to check out the latest quality reports regarding Ford. On par with Toyota (some sources even say better) and BETTER than Honda! You can't judge Ford on what happened 20 or even 5 years ago. I'll tell you first hand that the levels of quality and the efforts to get there today are incredible. Gears that are being made for the automatic transmissions MAINTAIN aircraft quality tolerances! (at a six-sigma level!)

Why does everyone have a bad taste for American owned automakers? Usually because they get front page exposure when there is a problem. If you look at recent Toyota and Honda recalls (and yes there have been a few!) you are lucky if you read about them in the back of the want ads. Conspiracy? Favoritizism? Payoffs? who knows - you decide.

BigBadStang
07-30-2009, 12:23 PM
...Usually because they get front page exposure when there is a problem. If you look at recent Toyota and Honda recalls (and yes there have been a few!) you are lucky if you read about them in the back of the want ads. Conspiracy? Favoritizism? Payoffs? who knows - you decide.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices this, and it has driven me CRAZY for years!
Could you imagine, if it were GM, Ford or Chrysler instead of Honda that had thousands upon thousands of false reading odometers? It would have been front page news for months. How about when Nissan bought back every one of those damn ugly ass death trap vans? They were such junk they bought them all back. A friend at work had his Toyota truck bought back due to it rusting away within a few years...not a peep from the media.

cstreu1026
07-30-2009, 01:20 PM
We haven't bought a new Ford in 6 years now but we had zero problems with our Jeep Grand Cherokee while we had it and so far our Cadillac SRX is been trouble free not to mention great to drive. My biggest issue in that past were fit and finish of things, especially the interirors, but even that has gotten much much better in the last 3 or 4 years. If only GM and Chrysler could have figured out how not to borrow money from the government.

RIXXX93GT
07-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Foreign car manufacturers have always dealt with "recalls" differently that their US counterparts. The US automakers tend to fight fixing the issue and drag there feet making an official recall which garners allot of negative press. Foreign automakers discover the problem and then pro-actively try to remedy it as quickly and quietly as possible by servicing the customer as well as they possibly can. Allot less bad press this way.

Mista Bone
07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices this, and it has driven me CRAZY for years!
Could you imagine, if it were GM, Ford or Chrysler instead of Honda that had thousands upon thousands of false reading odometers? It would have been front page news for months.

Yeah, but they don't randomly catch fire like some Ford Pickups, which Ford denied for several years.

SMOKE
07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
go here and enter your vehicle

http://www.cashforclunkers.ford.com/

Beef, I would be careful with that site, I spoke with our regional manager today and the Ford site is not always accurate. I would use the Cars.gov site or Fueleconomy.gov

A dealer north of Dayton is going to eat a couple deals because of Fords site being inaccurate.

We have done 9 Cash for clunkers deals at Middletown Ford. Congress and NHTSA are already talking about throwing more money at this program because of it taking off so great. NHTSA today said they will NOT let dealers loose money on the program.

4barrel
07-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Why does everyone have a bad taste for American owned automakers?

I don't have a problem with the vehicles that are MADE IN THE USA by any brand. I have a problem with ANY vehicle made outside the USA, no matter what brand.

CNTLOSE
07-30-2009, 04:32 PM
I have always loved the Fords I bought new...and used. I bought a 1996 Probe GT new, 2003 Mustang GT new, and a 2003 Taurus new. The quality was far better than the Honda Civic I bought new for my wife, or the several Dodges I have bought new, and definitely better than any GM garbage I have ever owned. The reason I started buying Dodge's was because I could get a lot better pricing. I was friends with the owner of Score's daughter and son-n-law. I would lease vehicles stickered at 40k for less than 29k and only had a payment of $400. The last vehicle I bought new was our 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited which has been great so far. Our last Dodge lease will be up next spring, which is our Grand Caravan. Because Ford and GM no longer make mini-vans (Man-Vans as I call it when I get stuck driving it.) we will probably get another Dodge. I would love to support Ford for keeping its hands off my tax dollars, but the crossovers are not big enough for two adults, 4 kids, a double stroller, and all the other crap we need. The only other options are the Honda which is way overpriced and a few other foreign owned companies.

beefcake
07-30-2009, 04:44 PM
if toyota didn't have 60 billion in the bank, they'd be bankrupt now , what did the new tundra cost them something like 16billion in losses

if i'm not mistaken the camary and corrolla had more recalls than fords entire line last year

05yellowgt
07-30-2009, 05:00 PM
My 05 and my 08 F150 are both ROCK SOLID vehicles. The 05 only has issues that i have "installed" on it LMAO. My gf is about to buy a new Fusion and a few years ago she would never in her life have considered a Ford. How can you not support a company that resists the push from the government to take the bailout aka takeover money and go their own way and see through these tough times on their own? The build quality is through the roof from even as little as 5 years ago. Their mid size cars get the best mileage in the industry and new technologies like eco-boost is going to continue to maintain that lead and expand into the compact and even the 1/2 ton pickup market.

If nothing else and you are in the market for a new car, go drive the Ford equivalent of what you are shopping for and give it a chance.

Mista Bone
07-30-2009, 10:01 PM
One reason I haven't gotten close to a new Focus........I might not wanna let it go!

I plan on renting whatever I plan on buying for atleast a weekend. Can't wait to see the new Transit......

Black Horse
07-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Here ya go Bone!

http://www.fordvehicles.com/transitconnect/

Mista Bone
07-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Here ya go Bone!

Too late, I already have it bookmarked :)

k062693w
07-30-2009, 11:01 PM
The CASH FOR CLUNKERS ends at midnight tonight !!! Was the first topic on the news... Gov't is shutting it DOWN !!!

BigBadStang
07-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Yep...
CLICK HERE (http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Cash-for-Clunkers-Program-Suspended/cQb6SqSC1kqwdWamqAZucg.cspx)

k062693w
07-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Yep...
CLICK HERE (http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Cash-for-Clunkers-Program-Suspended/cQb6SqSC1kqwdWamqAZucg.cspx)

Now why would I need to click there when I just told you about it :rolleyes:

Damn Plain City Schools !!! :flipoff:

:lol:

BigBadStang
07-30-2009, 11:47 PM
It wasn't for you...dickhead.:lol:
Anymore around here, if you don't post shit to verify what you say, you get jumped on like trampoline! :flipoff:

yeah...and Mechanicsburg Exempted Villiage is the house of knowledge...:rolleyes: :lol:

k062693w
07-30-2009, 11:54 PM
JEALOUS !!! And BTW That's Richard Cranium to you !!! LMAO

BigBadStang
07-31-2009, 12:06 AM
JEALOUS !!! And BTW That's Richard Cranium to you !!! LMAO

:lol:...Richard, I'll stick to calling you dickhead...it has more pizazz! :rofl:

Katmandu
07-31-2009, 06:11 AM
The CASH FOR CLUNKERS ends at midnight tonight !!! Was the first topic on the news... Gov't is shutting it DOWN !!!'Cash for Clunkeres' deal to be halted, sources say

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/nation-world-news/cash-for-clunkeres-deal-to-be-halted-sources-say-229105.html

By KEN THOMAS, The Associated Press Updated 10:31 PM Thursday, July 30, 2009

WASHINGTON — The government plans to suspend its popular "cash for clunkers" program amid concerns it could quickly use up the $1 billion in rebates for new car purchases, congressional officials said Thursday.

The Transportation Department called lawmakers' offices to alert them to the decision to suspend the program at midnight Thursday. The program offers owners of old cars and trucks $3,500 or $4,500 toward a new, more fuel-efficient vehicle.

The congressional officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

A White House official said later that officials were assessing the situation facing the popular program but auto dealers and consumers should have confidence that transactions under the program that already have taken place would be honored.

Rae Tyson, a spokesman for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which administers the program, declined comment.

Congress last month approved the Car Allowance Rebate System program, known as CARS, to boost auto sales and remove some inefficient cars and trucks from the roads. The program kicked off last Friday and was heavily publicized by car companies and auto dealers.

Through late Wednesday, 22,782 vehicles had been purchased through the program and nearly $96 million had been spent. But dealers raised concerns about large backlogs in the processing of the deals in the government system, prompting the suspension.

A survey of 2,000 dealers by the National Automobile Dealers Association found about 25,000 deals had not yet been approved by NHTSA, or nearly 13 trades per store. It raised concerns that with about 23,000 dealers taking part in the program, auto dealers may already have surpassed the 250,000 vehicle sales funded by the $1 billion program.

"There's a significant backlog of 'cash for clunkers' deals that make us question how much funding is still available in the program," said Bailey Wood, a spokesman for the dealers association.

The clunkers program was set up to boost U.S. auto sales and help struggling automakers through the worst sales slump in more than a quarter-century. Sales for the first half of the year were down 35 percent from the same period in 2008, and analysts are predicting only a modest recovery during the second half of the year.

So far this year, sales are running under an annual rate of 10 million light vehicles, but as recently as 2007, automakers sold more than 16 million cars and light trucks in the United States.

Even before the suspension, some in Congress were seeking more money for the auto sales stimulus. Rep. Candice Miller, R-Mich., wrote in a letter to House leaders on Wednesday requesting additional funding for the program.

"This is simply the most stimulative $1 billion the federal government has spent during the entire economic downturn," Miller said Thursday. "The federal government must come up with more money, immediately, to keep this program going."

Brendan Daly, a spokesman for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said they would work with "the congressional sponsors and the administration to quickly review the results of the initiative."

General Motors Co. spokesman Greg Martin said Thursday the automaker hopes "there's a will and way to keep the CARS program going a little bit longer."

___

ADaughen
07-31-2009, 09:11 AM
The government - the only "company" that can underestimate the cost of doing business and continue operating. :(

They can't even get a couple polluting cars off the road without f*ng something up.

BigBadStang
07-31-2009, 09:47 AM
The government - the only "company" that can underestimate the cost of doing business and continue operating. :(

They can't even get a couple polluting cars off the road without f*ng something up.

:rofl:...you are right. Just more evidence that the goverment needs to keep it effing mitts OFF the private sector!

nkystanger
07-31-2009, 10:23 AM

You know what is really scary...

If they cant figure out cash for clunkers how in the heck are they going to run our health care....

BigBadStang
07-31-2009, 10:26 AM
You know what is really scary...

If they cant figure out cash for clunkers how in the heck are they going to run our health care....

That's why the majority of citizens DO NOT want socialized health care.
ooops...someone is talking politics...off to the whippin room. :lol:

02mingryGT
07-31-2009, 11:59 AM
That's why the majority of citizens DO NOT want socialized health care.
ooops...someone is talking politics...off to the whippin room. :lol:

Well technically "cash for clunkers" isn't about Mustangs so it shouldn't be on here anyway.:flipoff:

Black Horse
07-31-2009, 12:43 PM
What amazes me is that the whole C4C thing took 128 pages to detail the requirements, procedures, etc. No wonder everyone was confused and there were problems. Too many stipulations and what ifs. Can you imagine the deforestation that will have to take place to publish the Health Care Reform Act? ;) Maybe its not the cars and trucks, rather Congress that is the true cause of Global Warming!

Pitbull1052
07-31-2009, 01:25 PM
just saw this... it'll be running atleast through the weekend

http://money.cnn.com/2009/07/30/autos/cash_for_clunkers_suspended/index.htm

RACEME
07-31-2009, 01:27 PM
I read this whole thread. I am pretty sure Dave has a camera. Where are the pictures of the new truck?

ADaughen
07-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Well technically "cash for clunkers" isn't about Mustangs so it shouldn't be on here anyway.:flipoff:

Technically, Mustangs older than 25 years and getting less than 18mpg are considered eligible, so it does fit here. :flipoff::tongue2:

cstreu1026
07-31-2009, 02:21 PM
What amazes me is that the whole C4C thing took 128 pages to detail the requirements, procedures, etc. No wonder everyone was confused and there were problems. Too many stipulations and what ifs. Can you imagine the deforestation that will have to take place to publish the Health Care Reform Act? ;) Maybe its not the cars and trucks, rather Congress that is the true cause of Global Warming!

1100+ pages so far.

shadez14
07-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Not sure how true this is, but someone at my work said they went through all the money allowance already. November my A$$!

Katmandu
07-31-2009, 05:07 PM
House approves $2B more for 'cash for clunkers'

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/nation-world-news/house-approves-2b-more-for-cash-for-clunkers-229353.html

The Associated Press Updated 4:21 PM Friday, July 31, 2009

WASHINGTON — The House has voted to rush an additional $2 billion into the popular but financially strapped "cash for clunkers" car purchase program.

The bill was approved on a vote of 316-109. House members acted within hours of learning from Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood that the program was running out of money.

Called the Car Allowance Rebate System, or CARS, the program is designed to help the economy and the environment by spurring new car sales. Car owners can receive federal subsidies of up to $4,500 for trading in their old cars for new ones that achieve significantlyhigher gas mileage.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said the new money for the program would come from funds approved earlier in the year as part of an economic stimulus bill.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The House rushed Friday to pump $2 billion into a popular cash-for-clunkers program running near empty, with a leading Democrat saying "consumers have spoken with their wallets."

A floor vote was under way at midday on the bill to refuel the car-purchase program. House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer had said earlier that the additional money would come from funds Congress approved earlier in the year as part of a $787 billion economic stimulus bill.

Hoyer, D-Md., said that at the request of House Republicans — whose approval was required for swift passage — the bill would include provisions for government auditors to make sure the money was being spent as intended.

Republicans argued that Democrats were trying to jam the legislation through.

House Minority Leader John Boehner said it was unclear how many Republicans would support on the plan.

"There are a lot of questions about how the administration administered this program. If they can't handle something as simple as this, how would we handle health care?" the Ohio Republican told The Associated Press.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said the cars purchased under the program were much more fuel-efficient than what the bill requires.

But some lawmakers complained that many dealers were left to contend with a chaotic government-run program.

"The federal government can't process a simple rebate. I've got dealers who have submitted the paperwork three times and have gotten three rejections," said Rep. Pete Hoekstra, R-Mich. "What is a dealer supposed to do?"

There had been a $1 billion budget for rebates for new car sales in the program that was officially launched last week and has been heavily publicized by automakers and dealers.

Called the Car Allowance Rebate System, or CARS, the program offers owners of old cars and trucks $3,500 or $4,500 toward a new, more fuel-efficient vehicle, in exchange for scrapping their old vehicle. Congress last month approved the plan to boost auto sales and remove some inefficient cars and trucks from the roads.

The Senate was not scheduled to vote on Friday but lawmakers hoped to win approval for additional funding next week.

Senate action is likely next week, making sure the program would not be affected by the sudden shortage of cash.

"Consumers have spoken with their wallets and they've said they like this program," said Rep. David Obey, D-Wis.

House members acted within hours of learning from Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood that the program — designed to help the economy as well as the environment — was out of funds. Under the program, car owners can receive federal subsidies of as much as $4,500 if they trade in their old car for a new one that achieves significantly higher gas mileage.

Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., said the administration assured lawmakers that "deals will be honored until otherwise noted by the White House." But he suggested that "people ought to get in and buy their cars."

At the White House, press secretary Robert Gibbs sought to assure consumers that the program is still running and will be alive "this weekend. If you were planning on going to buy a car this weekend, using this program, this program continues to run."

Gibbs would not commit to any timeframe beyond that.

It was unclear how many cars had been sold under the program.

Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., said about 40,000 vehicle sales had been completed through the program but dealers estimated they were trying to complete transactions on another 200,000 vehicles, putting the amount of remaining funding in doubt.

John McEleney, chairman of the National Automobile Dealers Association, said many dealers have been confused about whether the program will be extended and for how long. Many had stopped offering the deals Thursday after word came out that the funds available for the refunds had been exhausted.

The clunkers program was set up to boost U.S. auto sales and help struggling automakers through the worst sales slump in more than a quarter-century. Sales for the first half of the year were down 35 percent from the same period in 2008, and analysts are predicting only a modest recovery during the second half of the year.

With so much uncertainty surrounding the program, North Palm Beach, Fla., dealer Earl Stewart said he planned to continue to sell cars under the program but would delay delivering the new vehicles and scrapping the trade-ins.

"It's been a total panic with my customers and my sales staff. We are running in one direction and then we are running in another direction," he said.

Katmandu
07-31-2009, 05:09 PM
I find these pics interesting on how the dealerships disable "clunkers" engines!

A sign on an automobile engine indicates it has been disabled with sodium silicate solution, and headed for the junkyardin the cash for clunkers government program Friday, July 31, 2009, in Madison, Wis.

http://www.ohio-share.coxnewsweb.com/multimedia/dynamic/00541/Cash_for_Clunkers_J_541524c.jpg

Tim Soule, who works in the garage of a BMW/Honda dealership, pours a solution into the engine of a 998 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer to seize the motor after the vehicle was traded in as part of the Cash For Clunkers program at the dealership in the south Denver suburb of Littleton, Colo., on Thursday, July 30, 2009. Government officials announced on Thursday that the popular program will be suspended amid concerns it could quickly use up the $1 billion in rebates for new car purchases.

http://www.ohio-share.coxnewsweb.com/multimedia/dynamic/00541/Cash_For_Clunkers_J_541240c.jpg

Rob
07-31-2009, 10:20 PM
ha ha so lets see, our gov has to spend money they dont have to try to get us to spend money we dont have to boost our economy, just keep printing that shit, that will take care of it. Im suprised it lasted this long. What a joke :lol:

eh communism was good in theory also :rolleyes:

Ranger50
08-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Too bad I have seen a nice 60k mile windstar van, a super clean I6 F150 4x4, an 80k mile cherokee, and truly a 135k astro van clunker succumb to this idiotic program.

Lets just really call a spade a spade, it's cash for gasguzzlers. I have yet to see many of what we ALL call clunkers be destroyed by this "program".

Brian

Camaro86SHOCKER
08-05-2009, 12:42 AM
honestly i just think its sad that all thse motors are getting iabled. ive read numerous reports of perectly good but high mileage lincoln v8s, mustang 5.0's, f-body 350's all getting the liquid glass treatment. Im just not all for that. I think i might shed a tear if somebody offed my 95 302 with almost 200k that runs perfect. What a waste and a shame. Can these motors still be rebuilt or is this "liquid glass" that nasty of stuff? i would assume a handfull of sand would do the same thing.
Anybody torn a motor down with this junk inside it? if i worked at a dealership i believe id be sneaking some motors out the back door lol.

Mista Bone
08-05-2009, 02:39 AM
to think all these decent cars that are being killed, would be perfect for teenagers or low income people to drive.........

BigBadStang
08-05-2009, 08:01 AM
I heard on 700 this morning that the number 1 car purchased in this program is the Ford Focus, with the following 4 being Asian brands.

sean
08-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Its a joke. How many "ols reliables" are getting trashed to get a new car out of the deal that prop wont last as long as the one that got euthanized. Its hard enough to find parts for cars 10 years and older and here go a bunck more. Why cant obama trash the gas guzzling part ( if he must ) and sell the parts at a govt ran parts dist center? Create more jobs and get waaay more money selling parts to people who need them. Pretty soon we are not going to be able to get oem parts for anything.
Did anyone see the top 10 clunkers? A windstar and a caravan a cherokee and about 6 different model years of ford explorers. Not a huge surprise. I will say everyone I knew and know with the exploder has had GREAT luck with them. some with well over 200,000 miles.

CNTLOSE
08-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Some dealerships are letting employees stripe parts off for personal cars. They just have to put their stuff back on the doner car. A lot of good cars are going to waste, more of our tax dollars we have yet to even earn are being spent, dogs and cats living together, God help us.

BigBadStang
08-05-2009, 08:20 AM
I hate to see what the long term effects this has on certain things...
How low will this drive the scrap metal prices DOWN with a huge influx of scrap cars?
How will this impact people in the previously owned business?
With such a large number of vehicles being sold now, how will manufacturers move quantities of 2010 model year?
How many of these cars will be repossessed within the next 6-8 months due to people buying stuff they really can't afford just because of the CFC program?

It just seems like everything else the gov't has rammed through lately...short sighted, poorly thought out, and pushed through WAY too fast.

Jeff88coupe
08-05-2009, 08:21 AM
I just wonder how bad new car sales are going to drop once the programs ends. If car sales were slow before the CARS program.....I think it's really gonna crash after.

beefcake
08-05-2009, 08:56 AM
I just wonder how bad new car sales are going to drop once the programs ends. If car sales were slow before the CARS program.....I think it's really gonna crash after.

i don't think so, based on the surveys a lot of people are not new car buyers, and never would have bought a new car

35% of our clunker deals are people that have never even been to our dealership before

as far as the used, used values will go up if anything for the simple fact there are less 2-7 grand cars out there to be sold

i have seen some that should have been appraised and taken in as used cars vs junked for sure, not all of them but a couple we could have used on the new car side

thats why i picked up the f150 i had listed in the for sale section before the beaters got thin and i couldn't nab one!

junk89lx
08-05-2009, 10:24 AM
A guy at work is wanting to buy new car and was wondering if he should hold off or are dealers still doing program?

beefcake
08-05-2009, 10:57 AM
A guy at work is wanting to buy new car and was wondering if he should hold off or are dealers still doing program?

all the dealers are holding off, we currenlty have 1 approval on 75 deals

4barrel
08-06-2009, 04:17 AM
It just seems like everything else the gov't has rammed through lately...short sighted, poorly thought out, and pushed through WAY too fast.

Oh, I'd say they were well aware of the problems. But, at any and all costs, they planned to do what they wanted to do.

BigBadStang
08-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Oh, I'd say they were well aware of the problems. But, at any and all costs, they planned to do what they wanted to do.

You are telling me they planned to have the program go broke in 4 days?

Wolvrin704
08-06-2009, 10:50 AM
I heard on 700 this morning that the number 1 car purchased in this program is the Ford Focus, with the following 4 being Asian brands.

The Corrolla is the number one now.

4barrel
08-06-2009, 01:45 PM
You are telling me they planned to have the program go broke in 4 days?

I won't go that far. I'm saying they probably knew the bad side of the program, but didn't care as long as their "green" cars replaced "clunkers".

02mingryGT
08-06-2009, 02:40 PM
I won't go that far. I'm saying they probably knew the bad side of the program, but didn't care as long as their "green" cars replaced "clunkers".
+2 on that.

BigBadStang
08-07-2009, 10:36 AM

...ahhh...I got ya! You are correct.

4barrel
08-07-2009, 03:50 PM
LOL, good one. Anyone noticed how cool it's been this year? And all this rain? Geez, what happened to global warming? Think all these green cars being sold this past couple of weeks are causing global cooling? lol

Mista Bone
08-07-2009, 04:08 PM
El Nino

BigBadStang
08-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Global warming has been debunked...
so it's "climate change" now. :rolleyes:

4barrel
08-08-2009, 02:27 AM
Yeah, it's changing back to cool and rainy.

Mista Bone
08-08-2009, 04:14 AM
Here ya go Bone!

I believe I saw three of these at Kerry Ford in Tri-County, might have to stop in for a look. No plans to buy anything like it until late spring, then I'll likely head east to see Terry :)