Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Bought another Gun!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bought another Gun!!

Black92LX
07-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Always so nice to buy a new gun.
I had been saving for shocks, struts, and springs to lower the 96 a little bit.
But with Obama wanting to go and change everything. I do kind of worry a little bit about him coming after my friends.
So took a look at what I have and figured it was time for another wheel gun as I only had one.
So i picked up this little beauty. It will actually be my wife's concealed carry piece but I can still shoot it whenever I want.
Already tricked it out a little bit. Added some Wilson Combat reduced Power Springs to drop the pull from 13 lbs to 8.5. Much smoother now and far easier for my wife to fire. The 13 lbs was pretty heavy and long prior too. I also added some Hogue one piece grips as they are a touch wider, have a stickier texture, and are a little softer reducing the bite you get with the +P.

All in all a sweet little gun.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/DSCN0931.jpg

Ohh yeah it's a Smith & Wesson 642!

cstreu1026
07-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Niece! I just picked up a Ruger LCP last weekend.

Black92LX
07-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Niece! I just picked up a Ruger LCP last weekend.

How do you like it.
I was looking at the LCR since I was wanting a revolver but I can get awesome prices from S&W so I went with the 642.

cstreu1026
07-18-2009, 09:47 PM
It much nicer than the Kel Tec version. There was no way to conceal my M&P while dressed to show houses. I need to get some more ammo, get to the range, and get it broken in.

Black92LX
07-18-2009, 09:59 PM
It much nicer than the Kel Tec version. There was no way to conceal my M&P while dressed to show houses. I need to get some more ammo, get to the range, and get it broken in.

what size M&P???

I can conceal my full size 226 in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II no problem.

cstreu1026
07-18-2009, 10:04 PM
I have a .40 Compact. There still aren't a lot of holsters for the M&P's which sucks, but the LCP will fit my needs and its more fun to buy a gun than a holster.

Rob
07-18-2009, 10:15 PM
hammerless i love it! Makes a great cc gun

DeckerEnt
07-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Nice!!!

Pops Fun
07-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Very nice.... I've been thinking about another wheel gun also!!

sean
07-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Man I really wans a smaller semi auto gun for the house. I live in a nice area, but you never know. what kind of permit or other thing will I need. I am 36 and no dummy but would like to go about it the legal and safe way.

DeckerEnt
07-19-2009, 12:41 AM
You can get a conceal and carry permit in the state of ohio. That should cover you in your home and car! I have mine in Ky and I carry as much as I can. It covers me in most places. I had mine on me when my coupe caught fire. i am sure the many cops that showed up saw it on my side while I was running around my car. They probably saw it when they ran my plates. Didn't say a word to me.

MWoods26
07-19-2009, 01:17 AM
I got a new gun this weekend too!! Been looking at these for a couple months now. With the current cost and availability of ammo this is the coolest gun you can get! COLT M4 Carbine .22LR Looks bad ass, fun to shoot, and cheap!!

sean
07-19-2009, 01:42 AM
All I have ever shot was a shot gun. 14, wabbit hunting. That looks like it would kill a lot of wabbits.

Black92LX
07-19-2009, 03:06 AM
Man I really wans a smaller semi auto gun for the house. I live in a nice area, but you never know. what kind of permit or other thing will I need. I am 36 and no dummy but would like to go about it the legal and safe way.

for the house nothing. If you want to carry then you'll need to take the course and get a concealed carry license.

I got a new gun this weekend too!! Been looking at these for a couple months now. With the current cost and availability of ammo this is the coolest gun you can get! COLT M4 Carbine .22LR Looks bad ass, fun to shoot, and cheap!!

How do you like it?? I have been wanting a fun .22LR (not that they all aren't) but I want something than your run of the mill tube fed rifle. Have quite a few of them.

So I have been looking at that Colt the GSG5 and the Sig 522 if they ever decide to release it. And it doesn't suck like most Sig products have been doing as of recent.

Walter
07-19-2009, 05:06 AM

Is this rifle dedicated to .22lr, or can it be converted to .223?

Mista Bone
07-19-2009, 05:54 AM
Ruger LCP, list price is $347, I've heard people paying $500 for them???

WTF Obama?????

I need a compact carry once I get my CCW, little .380 ACP might not be as hot as my 40's, but better than nothing. Also looking at 38 SPL lightweights.

Timido
07-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Only problem with .380 ammo is it has been harder to come by than anything else. I like the .38 wheel gun alot.

Pops Fun
07-19-2009, 09:22 AM

There is no permit needed. just go and buy one..

:lol: if only it was that easy, what I mean is picking out the caliber and pistol that you like... Come to one of the get togethers we have and shoot a few guns, or rent a few at a range. I shot about every 2 or 3 weeks.
taretworld rents guns for $7.00 plus ammo.. (expensive ammo).

Pops Fun
07-19-2009, 09:24 AM

Very nice
I was think about one just last week but need to wait a little while S&W has one :D.

Pops Fun
07-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Only problem with .380 ammo is it has been harder to come by than anything else. I like the .38 wheel gun alot.

that is the truth... I've had some on order since April (cabelas) ... now they are saying August :eek:

cstreu1026
07-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Ruger LCP, list price is $347, I've heard people paying $500 for them???

WTF Obama?????

I need a compact carry once I get my CCW, little .380 ACP might not be as hot as my 40's, but better than nothing. Also looking at 38 SPL lightweights.

I paid $320 for mine.

Pops Fun
07-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Not to steal the thread but... can anyone recommend a decent gunsmith? My .38 Taurus wheel gun needs a little loving care.

ADaughen
07-19-2009, 11:15 AM
I have a .40 Compact. There still aren't a lot of holsters for the M&P's which sucks, but the LCP will fit my needs and its more fun to buy a gun than a holster.

FWIW, a Galco holster made for the Glock fit my M&P 9mm compact. The trigger guard and slide shape are similar enough that they fit. IIRC, Galco leather ran ~$45.

I was given a box of Rem .380 a few years back. It has been sitting in the safe waiting for something to use it in. If you're around Dayton sometime, we could meet up and you can buy me a .20oz soda or something for it.

cstreu1026
07-19-2009, 11:47 AM
That sounds like a hell of a deal to me. :D

Goldenpony
07-19-2009, 11:48 AM
I have a Ruger GP100, .357 Mag, 4" barrel. It and my 12 Ga. pump shotgun are my house guns. Unfortunately, I don't think any gun will be of much help if the US Military were to come to the door (they have bigger guns and more of them). Our best defense against the government is the ballot box.

BigBadStang
07-19-2009, 06:25 PM
...But with Obama wanting to go and change everything. I do kind of worry a little bit about him coming after my friends.

Nice little piece, but wasn't it you that not so long ago was calling everyone Chicken Little that was worried about a possible Obama gun grab?
Have a change of mind?

Black92LX
07-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Nice little piece, but wasn't it you that not so long ago was calling everyone Chicken Little that was worried about a possible Obama gun grab?
Have a change of mind?

I have been getting more worried as of recent with how quickly they are forcing things.
Stimulus
Cap and Trade
Health Care

Those were his big three pillars during the election. Not sure what is next. Not to the point of buying stuff I don't need just because I think it's going to happen. But helps add to the things I have needed anyway.

DeckerEnt
07-19-2009, 08:26 PM
It never hurts to be prepared.

Timido
07-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Steve taurus has lifetime warrenty if there is a problem with the gun. http://www.taurususa.com/repair-policy.cfm

Pops Fun
07-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Steve taurus has lifetime warrenty if there is a problem with the gun. http://www.taurususa.com/repair-policy.cfm

Thanks

Camaro86SHOCKER
07-20-2009, 02:31 AM
i carry a pretty big gun for my conceal and carry and ironically i juts bought it a few weeks ago. Its a Taurus 24/7 tactical .45 I absolutely love it, hwooever i think i might buy a taurus pt145 millennium .45 since its alot smaller and weighs less but i love my 24/7.
I own a good amount of guns and my family owns a shitload. we have just about every kind of gun from every manufacturer and my taurus .45 and my dads xd .45 are my 2 favorites.

cstreu1026
07-20-2009, 07:09 AM
I liked the feel of the PT145. They use to be a real bargin. I was ready to buy one until I picked up my M&P. Now that I have 1 polymer frame gun I don't need any more...I prefer the feel of cold steel in my hand.:cool2:

BigBadStang
07-20-2009, 11:30 AM
I have been getting more worried as of recent with how quickly they are forcing things...

Amen to that Black.