Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hotels and Resturants in Cincy [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hotels and Resturants in Cincy

Badfbdy
07-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Thought I would do something nice for the wife for our 3yrs. So what is the best place to eat and stay at in Cincy?

Maximus
07-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Go to Indy!!:bigthumb

sean
07-13-2009, 12:09 PM
I would have to agree. cincinnati is a nasty place. go to indy or kentucky. BUT if you want a nice place the great wolf lodge by kings island has some very nice rooms good bars and restaurants and an indoor water park

sean
07-13-2009, 12:12 PM
not that the water park sounds like what you going for but its there if you want to have some fun but other than that its a very nice all inclusive place and a movie theater right across the street. Aces and eights is down the street and you can rent a harley and theres some great riding around here as well. Just and idea

cstreu1026
07-13-2009, 12:18 PM
yeah downtown Indy is pretty nice with lots of nice hotels and resturaunts as well. You could also make the drive down to Nashville. There is a lot to do down there as well. The Opry Land Hotel is apretty unique place as well.

Black Horse
07-13-2009, 12:36 PM
How about something like the Golden Lamb in Lebanon?

04 Venom
07-13-2009, 12:54 PM
I would have to agree. cincinnati is a nasty place. go to indy or kentucky. BUT if you want a nice place the great wolf lodge by kings island has some very nice rooms good bars and restaurants and an indoor water park

I disagree. I entertain people from out of town frequently, business and non-business related and the hotels and restaurants downtown have been very well received.

Badfbdy: what price range are you looking for a hotel and a nice meal?

BIGHONKEY
07-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Cincy is nice you guys are just jadded. Morton's, Jeff Ruby's, Boi Na Braza, Bistro JeanRo, Via Vite, or Rock Bottom is good to go to for a cheap good meal and beer maybe not for your romantic meal. :)

Or go across the river to newport on the levee, Brio is good, good German food @ hafbrahaus

I have never stayed at any of the hotels here so I don't know. I have been in the rooms for work at the Millenium Hotel and it seemed nice.

sean
07-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I am not saying those places are bad. I love jeff rubys and some of the hotels are great. I just dont like the idea of walking around at night out there. Great food and hotels just bad after dark. I got a much safer feel from indy and ky. And I dont know about the golden lamb. Last time I was there it wasnt very good.... but it was pricey and full of old people.

04 Venom
07-13-2009, 01:25 PM
I am not saying those places are bad. I love jeff rubys and some of the hotels are great. I just dont like the idea of walking around at night out there. Great food and hotels just bad after dark. I got a much safer feel from indy and ky. And I dont know about the golden lamb. Last time I was there it wasnt very good.... but it was pricey and full of old people.

I really think you are overreacting. Downtown is safe to walk around. I do it frequently, even late at night.

BIGHONKEY
07-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah downtown at night is pretty safe. Stay away from the edges of the city. Especialy west of 75 and north of 7th street.

ffmueller81
07-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah downtown at night is pretty safe. Stay away from the edges of the city. Especialy west of 75 and north of 7th street.

I walked from the Cadillac Ranch to the Hilton around 2am. not a problem at all... The bar district isn't bad, just don't get lost in the wrong areas mentioned above... bad news then....

mwaller5672
07-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Boi Na Braza- I just ate at this place. All you want after this place is a nap. It was expensive but fantastic. Better be a meat eater though.
Mike

djom1cincy
07-13-2009, 02:21 PM
http://www.eddiemerlots.com/ :bigthumb You cant go wrong with this place.

cstreu1026
07-13-2009, 02:29 PM
I agree that for the most part the core of downtown Cincinnati is pretty safe. Once you get north of 12th street or west of Central Parkway all bets are off. If you are looking for the most romantic place for dinner The Celestial is always ranked at the top. I haven't been but I here the food is great and the view is hands down the best in town. There are a lot of great resturaunts down town. Its just a shame that the city didn't do more to keep some of the past great open and down town.

sean
07-13-2009, 02:38 PM
I agree I just have bad luck when I go downtown unless I am with people that know their way around. That and I worked down there across from otr and saw things that scarred me for life...lol The core of downtown is pretty

RIXXX93GT
07-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Another vote for Indianapolis, if we dont have time to hit Chicago the next best thing is Indy. Stay at the Omni Sevrin and tell them its a special occasion. The penthouse is really nice with the skyline view with a big private porch and lounge chairs. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Go to Ruths Chris for steaks one night(dont insult them by ordering a medium steak, make it medium rare filet and youll be hooked) and Shulas another. Great theatre around downtown, the canal and fountain square. We love Indy! See whos playing around town, good blues and jazz bars plus some killer bands play at the Murat Center.

CNTLOSE
07-13-2009, 10:38 PM
We stay at the Radison and can walk to the bar district in Covington. Also just a few minute drive to Newport where you can do the BB Riverboats and more. The resturaunt at the Radison has some really good steaks too.

66efistang
07-14-2009, 02:02 PM
I haven't been yet but heard The Celestial is pretty nice with an awesome view of the city. Check out the website.

cstreu1026
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Another vote for Indianapolis, if we dont have time to hit Chicago the next best thing is Indy. Stay at the Omni Sevrin and tell them its a special occasion. The penthouse is really nice with the skyline view with a big private porch and lounge chairs. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Go to Ruths Chris for steaks one night(dont insult them by ordering a medium steak, make it medium rare filet and youll be hooked) and Shulas another. Great theatre around downtown, the canal and fountain square. We love Indy! See whos playing around town, good blues and jazz bars plus some killer bands play at the Murat Center.

My wife and I planning to hit Shula's when we are in Indy next month. She prefers it to Ruths Chris.

Pitbull1052
07-14-2009, 02:21 PM
I work downtown and entertain vendors a lot down here... and I can't believe anyone would pick Indy over Cincy... don't get me wrong Indy is o.k. but there such a lack of culture compared to Cincy and wanna talk about not being safe try N 38th st.or 37th don't remember which one or some where close to that in Indy... the cops don't even go there... cops at the mall on N 38th get robbed, car jacked you name it. Boi na Braza's is off the hook! But you'll way over eat regardless of price they just keep bringing food until you turn over the lil stop sign card on your table..... I just had lunch at Ruby/Bootsey's really really good and great atmosphere...

Badfbdy
07-14-2009, 03:31 PM
I know she really wants to go to the aquarium and I love HB so....

Pitbull1052
07-14-2009, 04:12 PM
There's a really nice holiday inn right behind frische's where the party source is, that's where most of the people I know stay when they come to town it's fairly new plasma t.v.'s and what not, indoor pool.... etc..

95redstang
07-14-2009, 04:14 PM
There are nice hotels in Cincy. I am downtown a lot. The Cincinnatian, Hilton, and the Westin(across from fountain square) are all nice hotels. Fountain square has different events going on all the time. Poice are out downtown all the time. The problems are in Over the Rhine. Just stay out of the alleys, that is common sense no matter where you are. As for dining you have about anything you can think of besides Ruths or a hard rock..You want seafood go to oceanaire or mccormick and scmicks..Steak any Ruby's or MOrton or Boi Na Braza..