Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
ufc fight [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ufc fight

billy69mach
07-11-2009, 10:35 AM
where is the best place to watch the ufc fight tonight? the last fight i whent to at bw3 it was packed standing room only. anybody know let me know

djom1cincy
07-11-2009, 12:16 PM
At home on the couch is the best. I am thinking about going out to watch or just going to stay home and order it. Not sure yet.

Paul408Notch
07-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I usually go to BW3s for it. I get there between 8:30 and 9 to make sure I get a table. Tonight I'm just ordering it at the house and having friends over though. I'm afraid I'd have to get there before 8 to get a seat, and that's just way too long to sit there.

bobtsgt
07-11-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm going over to a buddies house to watch. find someone you know that likes it and con them into paying for it.

cobra429boss
07-11-2009, 05:43 PM
where is the best place to watch the ufc fight tonight? the last fight i whent to at bw3 it was packed standing room only. anybody know let me know
In lebanon at wings and rings, hardly anyone goes there. and plus great food :bigthumb

djom1cincy
07-11-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say lesner will destroy Mir tonight. Will be at Bargo's watching it.

bobtsgt
07-12-2009, 01:10 AM
very good fight night. Brock won using a bitch strategy but an effective one. Dan Henderson with the big blow at the end was f*cking amazing!

djom1cincy
07-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't think brock used a bitch strategy at all. He took mir down and beat his ass. Mir's face looked like hamburger meat after the fight. Dan did lay some smack down then a little extra after mike was out cold. That was amazing. I will be surprised if mike is not eating through a straw for a while.

chad393na
07-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Brock laid his big ass on top of Frank because he was afraid to let him move around. He knew frank was to be taken seriously. It was a bullshit move, but hey it worked out well for the freak of nature didn't it? Now the henderson/bisping fight was absolutely awesome!!!!! Bisping got what he deserved!

djom1cincy
07-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Yes Lesnar is a big dude but if Mir was such a bad ass he should have been able to do something with Lesnar on him. The thing I like about Lesnar is that he actually ground and pounds unlike most wrestlers. He gets on top of his opponents and beats the hell out of them. He's going to be champ for a while.

BigB96
07-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I dont see anyone beating him soon... He did what he had to do to win. Thats the beauty of mma, so many different ways to woop someones ass.

Bill
07-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Lesnar/Mir:
I am a big Frank Mir fan and didn't like the outcome of the fight last night. I don't like Lesnar for many reasons, but I must say his strategy was very effective. He neutralized Frank's dangerous guard and put the beat down. Call it a bitch strategy or whatever but the strategy was effective and it led him to win the fight. The short period of time when the fight was on the feet Frank looked good, but unfortunately wherever Lesnar wants the fight to go is where it goes. Lesnar is just a huge strong dude and I am sure Frank did all he could, but in the end the bigger stronger fighter won. I think he will be the champ for a long time.

GSP/Alves:
What can I say other than GSP once again dismantled someone who was thought to be the most difficult match-up to date. GSP, like Anderson Silva, is in a league of his own.

Henderson/Bisping:
Man did I enjoy watching Bisping get KTFO and even a little extra after the KO. Good job Dan.

--Bill

Walter
07-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Lesnar/Mir:
I am a big Frank Mir fan and didn't like the outcome of the fight last night. I don't like Lesnar for many reasons, but I must say his strategy was very effective. He neutralized Frank's dangerous guard and put the beat down. Call it a bitch strategy or whatever but the strategy was effective and it led him to win the fight. The short period of time when the fight was on the feet Frank looked good, but unfortunately wherever Lesnar wants the fight to go is where it goes. Lesnar is just a huge strong dude and I am sure Frank did all he could, but in the end the bigger stronger fighter won. I think he will be the champ for a long time.

GSP/Alves:
What can I say other than GSP once again dismantled someone who was thought to be the most difficult match-up to date. GSP, like Anderson Silva, is in a league of his own.

Henderson/Bisping:
Man did I enjoy watching Bisping get KTFO and even a little extra after the KO. Good job Dan.

--Bill

Well said on all accounts.

djom1cincy
07-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Found this on aol. Would be cool to see this fight happen.

Brock Lesnar became the undisputed heavyweight champion of the UFC with his win over Frank Mir at UFC 100. But he still needs to beat one more opponent before he could call himself the undisputed heavyweight champion of MMA.

That opponent, of course, is Fedor Emelianenko, who is widely regarded as the best heavyweight in the world, but who has never fought in the UFC because he won't agree to the UFC's contractual demands. A Fedor vs. Lesnar fight would be the biggest heavyweight fight in MMA history, and UFC President Dana White said after UFC 100 that he's confident he can make it happen.

"This whole Fedor thing has been going on and on and on," White said. "I keep saying this and that about him and he keeps waiting. Eventually, Fedor's going to be here. I want Fedor. I want him to come to the UFC and everything else."

And although Fedor still has one more fight on his current contract with Affliction (an August 1 bout against former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett), White is already looking ahead toward getting Fedor into the Octagon and giving him a shot at the UFC heavyweight champion in his first bout.

"This guy just became the heavyweight champion," White said, gesturing to Lesnar. "We'll end up getting that deal done. And then we'll do Brock vs. Fedor, and it'll be a huge fight."

It would be a huge fight. And it would be a fight in which Fedor, despite a size disadvantage of around 50 pounds, would be favored to win.

satan jamez
07-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Sweet! Fedor vs. Lesnar would be great to see.

djom1cincy
07-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I haven't seen a lot of fedor but it would be hard for me to see lesnar the underdog.

BIGHONKEY
07-13-2009, 12:17 PM
If Fedor fights Lesnar it wouldn't even be close. Fedor would tear him a new one and not make a facial expresion the whole time.

sean
07-13-2009, 12:22 PM
I like watching these fights but it leaves me feeling like i just watched a tyson fight when he was in his non ear biting prime. Great fight fun to watch but in the end it was to short BUT cool to talk about it with your friends.......... Wate a min..... That sounds like when I have sex... lol

djom1cincy
07-13-2009, 02:18 PM
If Fedor fights Lesnar it wouldn't even be close. Fedor would tear him a new one and not make a facial expresion the whole time.

LOL..... Brock is 6-3 and walk around at 285, has speed and strenth. No one can keep him from taking them down. Dont see it happening. I'd take your money just like I've taken my friends money the last 2 Brock fights.

BIGHONKEY
07-13-2009, 02:41 PM
LOL..... Brock is 6-3 and walk around at 285, has speed and strenth. No one can keep him from taking them down. Dont see it happening. I'd take your money just like I've taken my friends money the last 2 Brock fights.

Well watch these then. 6 foot 3 and 285 isn't much compared to 7'2" 330lber.

vs hong man choi 7'2" 330lbs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QzX1ZadJM

vs Tim Silvia 6'8" 265 lbs+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbTsTdvic_Y

Size is helpfull but not everything.

Fedor is on another level. Trust me.

If this fight happens I will gladly lay down money on Fedor. I knew Brock would beat Mir this time, beat Couture's old ass (wasn't 100% sure on that one) and beat shitty heath hearring.

djom1cincy
07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
We could go on about this one till it happens. Both those guys are big and tall. Choi gave him his long ass arms twice. Silvia is washed up. I didnt think he was any good in the ufc. Brock would destroy both those guys just like Fedor did. I just hope the fight happens one day soon.

cobra429boss
07-13-2009, 05:12 PM
anyone see the apology video to budlight from brock lmao ... after dana jumped his ass for being dumb after the fight

djom1cincy
07-13-2009, 11:14 PM
I seen it. Thought it was funny.