PDA

View Full Version : new motor

turbostang95
07-10-2009, 12:39 PM
okay i need help from you modular mustang guys. I know about 5.0 but now my wife wants to do something to her orange 96 gt. She eventually wants either a turbo or supercharger setup later down the road so i need to build up her block first. i know im either going to build up the factory block or buy a aftermarket one. What displacement should i do or setup should i do, need some opinions.

tdm309
07-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I would look for one of the Tecksid aluminum blocks they are about the strongest block that was in a manufactured car. You can find them in a number of cars all 4 valve I believe. I have a complete 4 valve if you are interested. Then I would probably use a stroker kit from Probe in it with all forged internals and as for heads theres a number of options there. Feel free to give me a call and we can talk about it. 9373962946.

bobtsgt
07-10-2009, 05:49 PM
all depends on what you want to spend and what your goals are. There are many options out there and many companies to go with. Talk with people who have been down the road already and you will find out what to get and what to skip on. There is an article in the new 5.0 that shows a 2V 5.0L modular pushing over 1,000HP on the engine dyno.

Wolvrin704
07-11-2009, 01:27 AM
It all depends on how much power you want and how much you want to spend. If you're going to stay with the motor you have just put some forged internals in it and you should be good to go with whatever you throw at it. There are allot of options to build up what you have and allot more yet if you go with another motor.