Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
E7TE Heads [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : E7TE Heads

pegasus
07-06-2009, 11:20 AM
hey guys what are your thoughts on E7TE heads any good with some home porting??

331TwistedWedge
07-06-2009, 11:32 AM
a waste of money or if you're doing them at home, a waste of time ... go get some $200 gt40p heads ...

mustangjon
07-07-2009, 07:53 PM
if you have no other choice go for it, but waste of time as stated you cant turn a straw into a garden hose no matter how much porting. For the money gt40's ftw

Carl
07-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I spent about 100 hours on a set. Waste of time and grinding stones.

NXcoupe
07-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Ok, sorry to be the differing opinion, but I spent hours on a flow bench scrapping out several sets of heads to develop a good port for them just to prove a point. I went a 10.0 with mine and swapped out to TFS heads and went a 10.0. For an all motor head, they still leave a lot on the table on the intake side, but the exhaust side can really flow when ported correctly. That's why mine shined. I am going to use them again on a street car to try some things and then I am going to boost them with either a turbo or a s/c to see how they do in comparison.
The look on tech's faces when they asked me what heads I was running after my 10.0 pass, was just worth all the time and effort.
If you just want to bolt something on and make power, there are a lot better choices out there as was stated above. But, if you want to be different and win some bets, E7's are a cool route. Stock intakes are the biggest waste of time and money. I know guys paying this dude on corral big bucks to have their lowers 'ported' and they still don't make any power. Without welding and cutting it open, you can't get the ports to flow the numbers. I got real close, but put a street heat intake on and picked up 35 hp nearly. My combo was being strangled by the intake. This was with different heads and set up.
I ran that 10.0 with a stock cam, stock ported E7's, flat top pistons, street heat intake and a 225 shot. Any other info, PM me and I will be glad to steer you in the right direction.

slvr87cpe
07-08-2009, 12:25 PM
last year a certain gold factory stock car was running e7s and running realy good #s ;)

Stimmel
07-22-2009, 11:35 PM
e7 heads are good for door stops or to use as a boat anchor

I am in ohio and have a set of gt40p heads you can buy off me they are in great shape and look new they came off a running motor and have newer springs and seals.

250 picked up or i can meet you im in columbus

my email is stimmel455@columbus.rr.com

bbfstanger
07-22-2009, 11:52 PM
302 b/cam,edel rpm with stk e7's went 12.98 on the motor last year in an aod car and 11.47 with a 150 shot.
i dont think theyre that bad but a lot of other choices like the gt40's are pretty cheap