PDA

View Full Version : s197 or Cobra

88ssp
07-03-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm already planning for next spring regarding my next car.

I love the handling game, but I also love looks of a car--i want something that will be awesome.

I have wanted a Terminator for forever and a day. The looks, power, brute energy is effing outrageous.

At the same time, I know the 05+ cars handle a ton better than the others.

I"m definitely not looking for a 2010 or 11. I would be happy with a 2005-2007 (for the price point).

Anyone have any input? Terry do you guys have anything for a decent price?

Wolvrin704
07-03-2009, 11:52 PM
If you want the best handling Mustang get a 2010 (I know its not what you want but its the best at that). Otherwise I'd say get the car you want more than any other, the Termi. I don't know if the S197 handles any better but I can't imagine that it does better than a Termi with IRS. If I were making the choice there is no doubt what I would choose. Saw a black one for sale today in Milford.

KenB
07-04-2009, 12:21 AM
I drive ALOT of different cars everyday. And I really love my S197. From the handling to the seating position to the looks.

Ken

USMCPONY
07-04-2009, 12:28 AM
If you want the best handling Mustang get a 2010 (I know its not what you want but its the best at that). Otherwise I'd say get the car you want more than any other, the Termi. I don't know if the S197 handles any better but I can't imagine that it does better than a Termi with IRS. If I were making the choice there is no doubt what I would choose. Saw a black one for sale today in Milford.

I have an 04 Cobra and a 07 Mustang and the 07 handles ALLOT better than the Terminator. The handling is worlds apart. To be honest the terminator will be enough for everyday driving (Even aggressive driving). Unless your are planning to autocross either car would be more than enough for the public roads. I get allot more attention in my 07 (even when it was stock) than my Terminator. I dont like all the attention the car gets. It is to over welming and to much of a hassle some times IMO. The 07 ride quality is smoother and all around better. Bottom line I like the S197 better than a Terminator. You can pick between a million companies that make different exterior after market parts for the S197. The Terminator is a very nice car but you can make the S197 allot better IMO. As far as the 2010 goes you can spend $1000 on suspension mods that will equal or out handle the Track Pack that comes on the 2010. Just my 2 cents.

Wolvrin704
07-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Now you guys are making me think about an S197 instead of Termi. LOL!!!

By the time I replace my ride the 2010's will be old. Thats why I gotta build up my ride because it'll be a long time before I can afford or will be allowed (love my wife!) to replace it.

04 Venom
07-04-2009, 09:39 AM
I can't speak from experience of owning both, as USMCPONY can, but my Terminator had lowering springs, strut tower brace, lower chassis brace, IRS brace, and full length sub-frame braces--about $850 in parts from Maximum Motorsports. It handled VERY well in the twisties and even rode better than stock. The one thing that I should have done was replace all the bushings in the IRS. It took a C6Z06 to significantly better the handling of my Terminator--500lbs. less weight, lower center of gravity and better tires.

KenB
07-04-2009, 09:43 AM
I can't speak from experience of owning both, as USMCPONY can, but my Terminator had lowering springs, strut tower brace, lower chassis brace, IRS brace, and full length sub-frame braces--about $850 in parts from Maximum Motorsports. It handled VERY well in the twisties and even rode better than stock. The one thing that I should have done was replace all the bushings in the IRS. It took a C6Z06 to significantly better the handling of my Terminator--500lbs. less weight, lower center of gravity and better tires.

The one thing I've noticed going back and forth between the two is the seating position. The New Edge cars seem like the seat is too high and the shifter is too far forward. It never bothered me when I had my 2000 running but now going back and forth it's more obvious.

Bang for the buck, you can not beat a Terminator.

I was considering selling my 05 and going that route for the power. But now that I did some work to my 2005, I'm SOOOOO happy I went the route I did.

04 Venom
07-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Ken is right about the shifter position and the seat sitting high. The seat itself was very supportive and comfortable--better than the seats that come with the Z06.

88ssp
07-04-2009, 10:40 AM
I've only driven each once and neither recently. I absolutely love the looks of the Terminator.

04 Venom
07-04-2009, 01:38 PM
I've only driven each once and neither recently. I absolutely love the looks of the Terminator.

I agree. A lowered Terminator simply looks DEADLY.