Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Coming home!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Coming home!!

NXcoupe
07-03-2009, 02:36 PM
For those that give a shit, I will be home on July 9th! I will be in the states on July 8th, but won't be coming out of my cubby hole until the next day. I am driving my vert down to the Izzy's in Forest Park that day to eat lunch with my fiance and fulfill a promise to her.
Anyone that is in the area around 1 or so, if you see a wild paint job fox vert in the parking lot, swing in and say hi! I'll be the one with mustard on my face and sour krout hanging out of my smile!
Then we are going to cruise around some back roads north of Mt. Healthy and head back up north.
I will be having a bonfire at my shop in the back the friday before I leave to come back to this place. I have lots of pics and I lost 15 pounds, so MJ, I'll be faster in my car than you! haha!
Anyway, I am just happy to know that in a few days I will be home! First Qatar, then D.C. then Columbus, and then HOME! Later!

USMCPONY
07-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Qatar has some beautiful women when I went to their 5 story mall and the market. Congrats on comming home. I will shoot some fireworks for you. Pics of the fox please?

Mista Bone
07-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Which airport you coming in at? I might be picking up another SBZ'er coming home from the Army for a week at CVG.

stang5slow
07-03-2009, 04:26 PM
well congrats on coming home, most importantly SAFE

347sc
07-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Which airport you coming in at? I might be picking up another SBZ'er coming home from the Army for a week at CVG.

First Qatar, then D.C. then COLUMBUS, and then HOME! Later!

Welcome back Mike!:chug:

Pops Fun
07-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Welcome back..... :bigthumb

CNTLOSE
07-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Glad you will be coming home! :chug:

'92Stang
07-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Anyway, I am just happy to know that in a few days I will be home! First Qatar, then D.C. then Columbus, and then HOME! Later!

Which airport you coming in at? I might be picking up another SBZ'er coming home from the Army for a week

Looks like CMH there Mista..:bigthumb Welcome home!!

92coupe
07-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Welcome Home!!

93hulk
07-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Good to hear Mike. Glad your coming home.

Black Horse
07-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Good to have you back Mike!

praterjack
07-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Good to hear your coming home!!!!

PonymanfiveO
07-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Yay! cant wait till we can kick it and drink a few brews together. :bigthumb:chug:

...and I lost 15 pounds, so MJ, I'll be faster in my car than you! haha!

Ive lost some weight too, so we'll have to see about that. :D
We'll have to take turns at the track one day and gamble on it. slower driver buys the beer that night. haha. :lol:

89notch
07-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Yay! cant wait till we can kick it and drink a few brews together. :bigthumb:chug:

Ive lost some weight too, so we'll have to see about that. :D
We'll have to take turns at the track one day and gamble on it. slower driver buys the beer that night. haha. :lol:

You forget hes old :lol:

Get back safe we have beers to drink

k062693w
07-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I didn't even know you had gone anywhere ??? :confused:

Where did you go ??? How long were you gone ???

Glad your back !!!

DeckerEnt
07-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Get home Safe Mike!!!!!! Thanks for your service. It means alot to us all!!!!!!!

Stangman
07-03-2009, 11:12 PM
thats Great news Mike!! Glad you're coming home!! See you soon!

Mista Bone
07-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Looks like CMH there Mista..:bigthumb Welcome home!!

guess what? FU :)

:flipoff:

Good to see our service folk make it back home.

BTW, a very deep thank you!!!!

You might hate the cause, you might hate the reason, but you can NEVER hate those that served to give us our freedoms.

NXcoupe
07-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Thanks everybody. Yeah Matt, you're on! Just hope you can afford the amount of beer I will require when I kick your butt!!

It's a short visit, only three weeks, but it's very much needed. I hope to get out and see some folks. Having a bonfire the friday on my last weekend home. I know the time will fly by, but I am going to try to make the best of it!
It will just be nice to sleep in my own bed and not think about rockets and mortors coming in while I sleep.

ibstrokin
07-04-2009, 02:40 AM
Welcome back, Mike.

DeckerEnt
07-04-2009, 03:06 AM
I am up for a bonfire. Where and when? This could be a huge get together. Count me in!!!!!

Greg Seibert
07-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Happy 4th Of July Mike!
When this is all over, you'll have to tell us the whole story about what you think of our efforts over there.

beefcake
07-04-2009, 09:18 AM
no one cares,

lmao, haha

great thing you did there brother!!

welcome back

Kelly Pelrine
07-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Good to hear you're coming back!

firestang70
07-04-2009, 12:53 PM
God speed Mike. Hope you get back safely.

NXcoupe
07-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Happy 4th Of July Mike!
When this is all over, you'll have to tell us the whole story about what you think of our efforts over there.

I sure will. But you don't have to wait till then, you can come up to the bonfire and I will answer any questions you might have and have a bunch of pics you can check out too.

Decker, yeah I want a bonfire like I used to have at the old shop. It's a fenced in area behind the shop, so it will be a nice setting and it's almost an acre back there, so plenty of room and we have a bunch of wood. I'll post up when I get home the exact date it's gonna be.

2Kblacksleeper
07-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Glad to hear you are comming home for a little bit. Thank you for what you are doing for all of us.

John

FMGT1999
07-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Glad to hear your coming home Mike, even though I don't get to see you as much as I would like to, I am glad to hear your coming home!

Well back bro,
Kyle

Evil_Capri
07-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Glad you are coming home soon and safe!

rpppaprp
07-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Very good news. Hope you enjoy your stay. Thanks for everything you have to deal with to keep the rest of us safe.

DeckerEnt
07-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Concidering the other thread about dayton on here, I will come up only if I have a door and tail gunner for the exped. LOL!!!!! I will be there Mike!!! I may be cocked, locked and ready to rock, but I will be there. Welcome home. LOL!!!

NXcoupe
07-06-2009, 04:35 AM
Thanks Decker. You won't have to worry, there will be more iron at that bonfire than you could shake a stick at.
Bad news, it seems I picked the time when the entire military is moving people out and in, SOOOOOOOO, I am 112 on a list to go to Qatar, with military able to cut in and bump me out at moments notice. I am fairly certain that I will not make my flight home from Qatar, I will have to wait till tomorrow at 0500 to find out. I am really disappointed and it will jeopordize all my plans. My company sucks, and this cements a decision I was toiling over. They would not allow me to manifest when I arrived, not even a day early. If I had done it when I arrived, I would have been GUARANTEED a spot on the flight tomorrow morning. I would have been in the top 10 or 20 at most. At only 60 people per flight, you can do the math. With today's flight only having 24 seats left, I will not make tomorrows either, unless a bunch of people oversleep.
Thanks for reading my rant. I guess I should have put this under the rant section, but just don't feel like waiting for the pages to load to make the switch.
I hope I see everyone sometime this month!!! AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!( insert cuss words you know I like to use)

Mista Bone
07-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Get your ass home!!! SIMPLE!!!!!!

I supposed to grab Private Ryan from CVG, aka Spc. Ryan N. Phillips next week.

Simple thanks. x100 times over

Steves LX
07-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks Decker. You won't have to worry, there will be more iron at that bonfire than you could shake a stick at.
Bad news, it seems I picked the time when the entire military is moving people out and in, SOOOOOOOO, I am 112 on a list to go to Qatar, with military able to cut in and bump me out at moments notice. I am fairly certain that I will not make my flight home from Qatar, I will have to wait till tomorrow at 0500 to find out. I am really disappointed and it will jeopordize all my plans. My company sucks, and this cements a decision I was toiling over. They would not allow me to manifest when I arrived, not even a day early. If I had done it when I arrived, I would have been GUARANTEED a spot on the flight tomorrow morning. I would have been in the top 10 or 20 at most. At only 60 people per flight, you can do the math. With today's flight only having 24 seats left, I will not make tomorrows either, unless a bunch of people oversleep.
Thanks for reading my rant. I guess I should have put this under the rant section, but just don't feel like waiting for the pages to load to make the switch.
I hope I see everyone sometime this month!!! AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!( insert cuss words you know I like to use)

Well I was going to say welcome home but it sounds like it that's not going to happen as soon as you planned. I dont miss them days. I remember both times I was over there back in the 90's when I was in the Army that shit would happen. I just learned not to get my hopes up high. But hey it's good to hear you'll be back sometime soon. And yes that 3 weeks will fly. Have a safe trip back and I will definitely stop up.

Kwik92GT
07-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Welcome back, whenever it actually happens.

NXcoupe
07-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys. Well, they added a flight so I hussled my ass, IBA, backpack and suitcase over to the pax terminal, only for the flight to be cancelled half hour before show time. So I waited to get onto a flight to Kuwait, change my tickets once I got there, etc, etc. Well, 20 minutes before show time, they announce out of 156 possible seats (C17), they have 6 available. They call for a show of hands, yep, 10 of us there, and guess what number I was? right, 10. Good news is that I am now miraculously 25 on the Qatar list. I am going to show for the flight tommorrow, already filled up, and see if someone oversleeps or doesn't show. My ass will be in there! Well, it's 3:30 am I have been up for nearly 24 hours now, time to try to sleep. Then get up and repeat.

untamed
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Welcome home and THANK YOU!!!!!

PonymanfiveO
07-06-2009, 10:01 PM
sit tight. I'll come pick you up. :D

NXcoupe
07-07-2009, 06:35 AM
You better hurry! I want home yesterday!
Well, update. The flight this morning was full, I overslept anyway, but hussled my ass and gear over there anyway, but to no avail. All the pepes showed and the plane was full. SO. I am going back at 0:30 tonight to wait till 02:45 to see if I can make it on another C17. I am now all the way up to #12 on the list, so if they have any space available, I should make it. I just hope they leave early enough I can make my flight home. Otherwise I will be a day late and since I am out of theater, my leave will start tomorrow even though I am in a hot sandbox still. I will post up later on my progress. Thanks everyone for the encouragement! It's exactly what I need.

DeckerEnt
07-07-2009, 01:43 PM
You will make it Mike!!!! Let us know!!!

NXcoupe
07-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks Bud! I already changed my flight home and my hotel reservation in columbus too.

NXcoupe
07-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Ok, so another kick in the junk. At 2:30 am, they CANCELLED the flight. No reason, just cancel. Now there is anothe one at 12:00, but there isn't anything reserved on it, so it could end up cancelled too. I dunno, have had 1/2 hour sleep all night, it's 6:30 and I am just tired of dealing with this crap! Playin on the internet at the USO helps a lot.

Kelly Pelrine
07-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Good grief, sounds like a nitemare just tryin to get back!

Rich
07-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey Mike, once you're back home...do you have to go back?

DeckerEnt
07-08-2009, 04:18 PM
If you do, wait an extra 3 days telling them the flights keep getting cancelled!!! LOL!!

NXcoupe
07-08-2009, 08:32 PM
No kidding! Well, I am finally in Qatar. I have had absolutely no sleep. I didn't trust myself to wake up if I went to sleep and having never come through this country before, nor this base, I didn't know how long it would take to get to the airport, get through everything, etc. Well, It took a while, about 2 hours all said and told. That was checking out of my 'bed', returning my linens, checking out of housing, checking out of the base, calling a cab, calling a shuttle to take me to the gate, going through Qatari customs again, walking out the gate past all the blockades to the taxi, and then getting driven to the airport.
So, It's like 3:30 am, I am drinking cokes to keep me going until I finally can get on the airplane. After all this shit, I just better make it home in one piece.
Yeah, I do have to go back afterwards. I need the income and I like making a difference over there. I am sitting in the airport on their free internet, actually a really nice airport. Very bright, tastefully decorated, not bad at all.

DeckerEnt
07-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Get back safe. Let us know when the bonfire gets lit. See you then Guy!!!!!

MuStAnGMaDdNeSs
07-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Welcome Home Dude!!!

Kelly Pelrine
07-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Mike if you make it to the states by Sunday and wanna come out to Kilkare, your ticket is on me!

Mista Bone
07-10-2009, 03:10 AM
Mike if you make it to the states by Sunday and wanna come out to Kilkare, your ticket is on me!

Kelly, maybe make that a promotion item to all those home on short leave?

I know I hope to drag Private Ryan out for something, even if he is still in Army camos.

Kelly Pelrine
07-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Kelly, maybe make that a promotion item to all those home on short leave?

I know I hope to drag Private Ryan out for something, even if he is still in Army camos.

Actually i was just about to announce for all active military tickets are $8. Ive been talking with Wright Pat AFB and would like to advertise in their weekly paper but its pretty expensive. Im not sure how to get the word out to them or other military members in the area but i was going to post an article on our website today about it :) I know its short notice for our race this Sunday but if anyone has some contacts i can call please let me know! All they have to do is show their military ID at the gate.

NXcoupe
07-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks Kelly! That's very nice, but I am leaving for FL on Saturday morning to take my 3 year old to see mickey mouse and meet Cinderella. that's all she's been talking about. I finally made it to Cbus, we are leaving in a few to come back to Dayton. Thanks a bunch for all the encouragement and kind words. It meant the world to me, got me through all this. I have learned a lot about myself and met some cool pepes along the way. Talk to everyone soon and watch for the bonfire info!

Kelly Pelrine
07-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks Kelly! That's very nice, but I am leaving for FL on Saturday morning to take my 3 year old to see mickey mouse and meet Cinderella. that's all she's been talking about. I finally made it to Cbus, we are leaving in a few to come back to Dayton. Thanks a bunch for all the encouragement and kind words. It meant the world to me, got me through all this. I have learned a lot about myself and met some cool pepes along the way. Talk to everyone soon and watch for the bonfire info!

Glad you are back on US soil! Aww that sounds precious, have a great time with your family!

DeckerEnt
07-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Welcome Back Mike!!!!!

DeckerEnt
07-15-2009, 11:53 PM
So when is the bon fire???

NXcoupe
07-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I am posting up about the bonfire now. Check out the bonfire post.

DeckerEnt
07-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Bump to the top so everyone knows about it!!!

Katmandu
07-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Welcome back Michael !

Did I read somewhere that you're going back over there again ???? :confused:

Holly
07-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Welcome back Mike!

NXcoupe
07-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Welcome back Michael !

Did I read somewhere that you're going back over there again ???? :confused:

Yep. Hopefully later than sooner. Good to be back home, the time is flying by though, hopefully have some good news this week if all goes well.
Hope to see a lot of you at the bonfire....