Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Exhaust [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

Steves LX
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I am looking for some help on what mufflers to switch too. Right now I am running BBK 1 5/8 LT headers with a 2.5 BBK Xpipe with 40 series Flowmasters that are dumped. I am getting bored with it and want a change. I am looking for something that is louder but not like open header loud. Just muffler louder and still sounds good and wont hurt performance. Flowmaster told me to go with their 40 series race muffler. Just figured I would check with you guys first.

DeckerEnt
07-02-2009, 11:43 AM
cherry bombs. lol

mustangrfast88
07-02-2009, 12:13 PM
dude i love the way my car sounds i got mac short headers mac x pipe and mac cat back system

i would stay with the long tube header and go with a mac prochamber and mac pro dumps or full cat back system

Bluecrew07
07-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I am looking for some help on what mufflers to switch too. Right now I am running BBK 1 5/8 LT headers with a 2.5 BBK Xpipe with 40 series Flowmasters that are dumped. I am getting bored with it and want a change. I am looking for something that is louder but not like open header loud. Just muffler louder and still sounds good and wont hurt performance. Flowmaster told me to go with their 40 series race muffler. Just figured I would check with you guys first.
Get rid of the converters and/or switch to an H-pipe. less restriction makes it louder and will change the sound a lil. unless you switch to glass packs or something small like that...without removing the converters its not gonna make it louder

stang5slow
07-02-2009, 06:10 PM
lol, i got some slp 1's, just the mufflers though, with no tail pipes, cant get much louder than that ha

Steves LX
07-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Get rid of the converters and/or switch to an H-pipe. less restriction makes it louder and will change the sound a lil. unless you switch to glass packs or something small like that...without removing the converters its not gonna make it louder

I dont have converters. And I am running an X pipe right now. Just my personal opinion with my paticular setup. My car is louder with an X than an H. I think I am going to go with the 10 series 1 chamber flowmaster race mufflers. Trey(8banger) has them on his car and they sound pretty nasty and should help performance a little as well.

Bluecrew07
07-03-2009, 10:26 AM
I dont have converters. And I am running an X pipe right now. Just my personal opinion with my paticular setup. My car is louder with an X than an H. I think I am going to go with the 10 series 1 chamber flowmaster race mufflers. Trey(8banger) has them on his car and they sound pretty nasty and should help performance a little as well.
Oh my bad i didnt know you still had converters on. I dont think I have ever heard 10 Series before

facemelter71
07-03-2009, 11:01 AM

Read much?

Bluecrew07
07-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Read much?
Um can you read?? Says nothing about converters.. they do make Xpipe with converters. He didnt say it was off road xpipe did he..

facemelter71
07-03-2009, 03:01 PM

Good thing you pointed out that he should switch to an h-pipe though.

SO should he get rid of his X-pipe he has now? Or did you just skip over that part?

Bluecrew07
07-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Good thing you pointed out that he should switch to an h-pipe though.

SO should he get rid of his X-pipe he has now? Or did you just skip over that part?
Dude just stop. dont turn this into an arguement. and yeah i think that Hpipes sounds louder

facemelter71
07-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Well what the hell man.He clearly stated in his first post what he had,and you come along and post about how he needs to swap to an H-pipe and get rid of his cats like his shit was stock.All im sayin is you need to fully read before posting.

'92Stang
07-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey Steve, I have the flowtech warlock mufflers on my 92. The car already had them on when i bought it a few years ago. I really loved the agressive sound when i first bought it. When they burnt out, it sounded just like open headers though. ( this is with the by passes out). I was figuring on buying some other mufflers soon, since mine are done. A buddy just stopped by a couple days ago in his coupe, and i really liked the sound. Turns out they were the same warlock mufflers i have, just nice and new:D..Here's a link if your interested...good luck http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQUnivQQFlowtechQQMufflerQQF3150522.html

4n_eatr
07-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Bump for the MACs... LOVED em!!!

ibstrokin
07-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Hey Steve, this is the guy who cut you off at KK, he's selling his exhaust, Which sounds very good.

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55701