Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Quesiton for Modified SN95 Owners [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Quesiton for Modified SN95 Owners

CNTLOSE
06-28-2009, 03:33 PM
As you may have seen in the projects section I just installed the Trick Flow Street kit on my '94, including their cam, 24lb injectors, matched MAF, larger TB, removal of all the polution control junk, etc... We can get the car running as long as you feather the gas pedal. But it is not running right, almost like the timing is way off. Also without giving it any additional gas it will rev up between 4200-4800 and back to 1000. We are 99% positive the distributor is in correct (Although maybe a tooth off, but not 180)

Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions?

I know the SN95 computers hate mods, so is it possible the computer is just fighting the mods?

I was planning on getting it dyno tuned anyway, so I may just trailer it to a shop and let them figure it out...but I am sure that will cost a pretty penny.

Walter
06-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Check the TPS voltage. Also is it on a stock tune? The stock tune wont like that cam at all. I know you just got it together so double check all you vacuum lines and electrical connections.

CNTLOSE
06-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Check the TPS voltage. Also is it on a stock tune? The stock tune wont like that cam at all. I know you just got it together so double check all you vacuum lines and electrical connections.

Yep still has the stock tune. I did a OBD I test and it shows all circuits are fine, so I am leaning towards the computer fighting everything.

stang5slow
06-28-2009, 04:54 PM
that'd have to be what it is, mines doing the same thing for me, i have the tps sensor plugged in, but the idol air control is unplugged, cant afford to pay cincy speed to tune it, because you gotta buy a chip witch is the most espensive part

Pops Fun
06-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi
when I did mine, TF heads, I used a steeda 19 cam. it wouldn't run... it would start but then quit. it was a vacuum line. especially since you removed all polution stuff. I believe it should run but not idle well.

stang5slow
06-28-2009, 06:02 PM
thats how mine is, it'll run, but doesnt idol very healthy, if i plug the idol air control in, it idols perfect, but when i go to shift, the motor either revs or sticks for a second, makes it look like i cant drive a manual, so i leav it unplugged lol

CNTLOSE
06-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Okay, I will try unplugging the IAC and see if that helps temporarily.

Thanks.

stang5slow
06-28-2009, 08:32 PM
be carefule unplugging it, i have a prof. products throttle body, i have a screw on it that i can control the idol with, i so i have to let it idol at almost a grand or it'll stall, but the motor feels like it has no power when you unplug it, the car will feel like its pulling a semi behind it

RACEME
06-29-2009, 06:21 AM
When I did h/c/i on my 95, the only problem was a hanging idle coming down from above 3000 rpms. I would pull all the plugs and make sure they are all the same color and not totally black. I deleted everything on mine and also did the fox throttle conversion.

stang5slow
06-29-2009, 11:56 AM
see i dont have all that done to my car and cincy tells me i need a dyno, there's no way i should need a dyno, i dont have enough done to my car for it

CNTLOSE
06-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Well I am trying to arrange a trailer to get it to the shop. I have 6 hours in troubleshooting and I want to start driving the damn thing before its winter. I also want to get started on restoring my SSP before it gets too cold. (I can't believe I am already talking about winter.)

Thanks for all the replies.

stang5slow
06-29-2009, 03:28 PM
lol, winter is getting closer than farther

NXcoupe
06-30-2009, 05:37 AM
Yeah, set your timing and take it to get it tuned! unplug the spout and set the timing to 14 degrees or so. The tune makes all the difference in the world on those cars. Also sounds like a vacuum leak to me as well. Get it fixed and enjoy it. I know I can't wait to get home and drive my 95!!

zippy94
06-30-2009, 06:29 PM
My 94 back in the day had a comp 282xe cam Which is biggggg.... But if you take the IAC motor off and see the gasket that has to holes inlet and outlet for the motor to adjust idle. Get a piece of gasket material (comes in sheets at the auto parts store) Cut out a perfect match of gasket except make the holes smaller by 50% and should help with surging and no more base timing then 12 degrees, and set fuel at 35psi with vac. Check voltage at TPS .98volts Also check vac leaks and your egr and smog pump will cause to run lean without a tune. But i have a old autologic chip that might get you started if intrested with my simular set up. LMK

CNTLOSE
07-01-2009, 05:56 PM
One of our problems is we can not even get the timing set. We marked off 10 degrees but we can not even get to the point of seeing the mark when it will run. This is even with trying to adjust the dist. while it is running...and I mean really adjusting. We think we are getting it to run at 20 degrees (Which I know is way too much.) But as soon as we try to retard the timing it kills the motor. We matched the dots when putting the timing chain on so that should not be it. I plugged all the vacuum lines with bolts like I have always done, I made a EGR block off plate and gasketed it on real good...but lord knows there probably is a little something leaking. :mad:

With my luck it something very simple we have overlooked...as it seems to always be. :doh:

CNTLOSE
07-01-2009, 05:58 PM
My 94 back in the day had a comp 282xe cam Which is biggggg.... But if you take the IAC motor off and see the gasket that has to holes inlet and outlet for the motor to adjust idle. Get a piece of gasket material (comes in sheets at the auto parts store) Cut out a perfect match of gasket except make the holes smaller by 50% and should help with surging and no more base timing then 12 degrees, and set fuel at 35psi with vac. Check voltage at TPS .98volts Also check vac leaks and your egr and smog pump will cause to run lean without a tune. But i have a old autologic chip that might get you started if intrested with my simular set up. LMK

Thank you I appreciate the offer. But I think I am to the point of just taking it to the shop and getting it done. With these 4 little terrors running around (Oldest is 5) and their summer activities I am running out of time to work on it myself...and I want to enjoy this thing!

Thanks again for the offer! :bigthumb

zippy94
07-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Do you have a sftermarket balancer? If so check and make sure 0 is TDC on balancer and factory ones puke the isolater out and spin. Are you pulling the spout connect in the passenger side fender well by mass air meter. The trick flow kit is pretty mild might not need a tune. Jusr adjustments and time. Pm me if you need help. I might swing up and give you a hand.

CNTLOSE
07-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Do you have a sftermarket balancer? If so check and make sure 0 is TDC on balancer and factory ones puke the isolater out and spin. Are you pulling the spout connect in the passenger side fender well by mass air meter. The trick flow kit is pretty mild might not need a tune. Jusr adjustments and time. Pm me if you need help. I might swing up and give you a hand.

Still running the stock balancer and we took the grey plug out. I know it has to be something small we have overlooked...it always is. I have figured out one thing...I now know why guys stay away from modding SN95's :lol: Of course when it is done it should be pretty quick and handle better than an Fox I have ever owned.