Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Summit Nat's...less than 24 hours to go! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Summit Nat's...less than 24 hours to go!

BigBadStang
06-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Heading out in the early AM to head to Norwalk for the NHRA Summit Nat's!
We'll be there Saturday, and Sunday, anyone else going?

dedpedal
06-26-2009, 05:41 PM
We'll be there saterday.

88ssp
06-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Taking Dad up on Saturday.

BigBadStang
06-26-2009, 09:21 PM
We're sitting somewhere on the Budweiser stands for both days. I'm sure my wife will have her pink-ass Wicked Women shirt on...if you see her and a big goofball walking around...holler!

04 Venom
06-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Headed up Sunday morning. Early.

BigBadStang
06-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Damn it was hot out there today! I got a little burnt, but all is good!
Looked like most of the Nitro cars were struggling to get down the hot track, and Jeg Jr. beat Greg Anderson in the Horsepower Challenge...that in itself was worth the trip...I really don't like Anderson.

A cool thing happened though! When we were standing there looking at Cunningham's Pro Stock Mustang, one of the guys came over and invited us back behind the "fencing" to take pics and talk. He was really excited about the new Ford engine for Pro Stock. A bunch of the Ford Engineers were there earlier, and Thursday NHRA approved the new Ford/Cunningham engine! He was telling me they have a plan to try and get the new stuff in a car for Maple Grove, but if that's not possible, they are really shooting for Indy. He said that Cunningham just received (2) 2010 cars from Ford, and is scheduled to get 20 new blocks, and 40 new heads. I guess they are using Gliddens old big block wedge stuff from the 90's, and they pretty much know when they unload, they aren't going to qualify. They are just trying to get everything together they need to run the team, and give Erica Enders more seat time.

The guy even took our picture standing by the car while it was in the pit, under the awning! If I had the energy, I would upload the pic from the camera, but I'm sitting in this nice, cool hotel room in Sandusky, and I think I'm gonna call it quits tonight. :)

k062693w
06-27-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm glad your having a Great Time Scotty !!!

Thanks for inviting me Buddy !!! LOL

Evil_Capri
06-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Damn it was hot out there today! I got a little burnt, but all is good!
Looked like most of the Nitro cars were struggling to get down the hot track, and Jeg Jr. beat Greg Anderson in the Horsepower Challenge...that in itself was worth the trip...I really don't like Anderson.

A cool thing happened though! When we were standing there looking at Cunningham's Pro Stock Mustang, one of the guys came over and invited us back behind the "fencing" to take pics and talk. He was really excited about the new Ford engine for Pro Stock. A bunch of the Ford Engineers were there earlier, and Thursday NHRA approved the new Ford/Cunningham engine! He was telling me they have a plan to try and get the new stuff in a car for Maple Grove, but if that's not possible, they are really shooting for Indy. He said that Cunningham just received (2) 2010 cars from Ford, and is scheduled to get 20 new blocks, and 40 new heads. I guess they are using Gliddens old big block wedge stuff from the 90's, and they pretty much know when they unload, they aren't going to qualify. They are just trying to get everything together they need to run the team, and give Erica Enders more seat time.

The guy even took our picture standing by the car while it was in the pit, under the awning! If I had the energy, I would upload the pic from the camera, but I'm sitting in this nice, cool hotel room in Sandusky, and I think I'm gonna call it quits tonight. :)

SWEET!!! Thanks for the information! Hopefully Erica can turn things around soon!

88ssp
06-28-2009, 07:58 AM
This was my first experience seeing the Top fuel cars and Holy Shit they shake the ground. I was standing beside the track when TF started and I definitely was not prepared for the shock. It was awesome.

Couldn't get any Ice Cream, though. The effing line had to be an hour long, lol.

Great event. I wanted to get pics of the Cobra Jet Mustangs, but never got over there. Didn't see any big name drivers (only the Geico PSB Driver)

BigBadStang
06-28-2009, 08:55 AM
This was my first experience seeing the Top fuel cars and Holy Shit they shake the ground. I was standing beside the track when TF started and I definitely was not prepared for the shock. It was awesome.

Couldn't get any Ice Cream, though. The effing line had to be an hour long, lol.

Great event. I wanted to get pics of the Cobra Jet Mustangs, but never got over there. Didn't see any big name drivers (only the Geico PSB Driver)

Here is one for ya!