Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anybody want some pine mulch? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want some pine mulch?

Holly
06-25-2009, 08:32 PM
I had 3 HUGE pine trees cut down last week. Tomorrow they are coming to grind the stumps up into mulch, but they are leaving it, I have to get rid of it. If anybody wants some FREE pine mulch, you are more than welcome. It will be in my front yard tomorrow afternoon.

Here's a couple of before and after pictures of my house. Huge difference! Every since the big wind storm last September and the ice storm in January, I have been freaked out about those trees. They were dropping branches on my house, and my neighbors house. It was time for them to go.

Holly
06-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Notice the first picture, that tree was leaning. It was going to fall, eventually. It lost the big branch on the right side of it during our September "hurricane". It was only a matter of time before it toppled over.

k062693w
06-25-2009, 08:58 PM
If nobody on here wants it Holly, You can call local Landscape Companies... Some will usually come and get it to use on Jobs, And being free helps...

We were always willing to get free wood chips for jobs !!!

Maximus
06-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Funny thing...the driveway does not look so steep in those pictures.:confused:

sean
06-26-2009, 02:53 AM
where are you located? I think if your close I would like to pick some up.

Holly
06-26-2009, 08:42 AM
where are you located? I think if your close I would like to pick some up.

New Richmond, but the dude just called and said he will be down tomorrow instead. It's too wet today, we had some bad storms roll through here a few hours ago. I will post up when he's done and PM you some directions. You can stop by whenever and take whatever mulch you want - I may or may not be here, I have a full day tomorrow.

facemelter71
06-26-2009, 09:05 AM

Your right,thats kinda odd.I made sure my truck wouldnt roll when I went over there with Paul.Its way steeper than it looks in the pics.

House looks good though with all the pine gone.:bigthumb

Holly
06-26-2009, 09:07 AM

I was thinking the same thing after I posted the pics.

But as you know, it's a pain in the ass trying to push a car up my driveway, or pull out after an ice/snow storm.

Black Horse
06-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Maybe with the weight of the trees gone the house raised up several inches.......

That is one deceivingly steep driveway, but a bunch of fun on a tri-cycle!

sean
06-26-2009, 03:22 PM
thank you. I def want some. we are preparing for it now. Pulling weeds and getting the garden ready... yaaay

Jaylynn
06-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Wow - the house looks naked :-)
Can't wait to see what you get out there to pretty it up later!

ruby71oh
06-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Sure wish I lived closer! I'll be doing that on Monday...pulling weeds and dumping mulch! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Holly
06-29-2009, 08:37 PM
thank you. I def want some. we are preparing for it now.

I have some good news for me, but bad news for you. They took the pine mulch away and dumped it for me, he said he was doing me a favor, which he was, he didn't know I had somebody lined up to take it, so I apologize.

Does anybody need any rock? There are some good sized rocks in this pile, I figured somebody might want them. If not, I'll put an ad on Craig's List and see if somebody will come and get them, I don't want to move them, some are pretty heavy!

sean
06-29-2009, 10:10 PM
no problem, we found a rabbit nest in the center of the garden and didnt want to disturb it any more than we already did. I may have hacked one in half with the riding mower clearing it out. I felt soooo bad but the 2 survivors are doing great. Thank you anyway but to be honest I think I am getting sick and didnt really want to do all that work anyway.

Holly
06-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Pine mulch is gone, big rocks are gone, all I need is a bobcat to throw some dirt around in the front and back, grass seed, and I'll be ready to go. This is not going to look like the same house when I am done with it!

Hey, who isn't scared to climb on a latter and get yuck yuck out of my back gutters? I am petrified of heights, I cannot do it. I'll buy somebody a 12 pack of beer for doing it! :lol: