Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cincinnati's #1 [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati's #1

Timido
06-22-2009, 06:46 PM
http://www.walletpop.com/insurance/most-dangerous-neighborhoods?photo=26

#1 out of 25 most dangerous neighborhoods!

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-22-2009, 07:27 PM
My mom grew up down there.

Yeah, you don't wanna mess with my mom...lol.

Blackpony
06-22-2009, 08:14 PM
why am i not surprised

cstreu1026
06-22-2009, 08:32 PM
I saw that and I don't buy it. Sure its a bad neighborhood but I don't think it compares with those in Chicago and Detroit.

Timido
06-22-2009, 09:53 PM
I thought the same thing but I guess it could be a lot of things go down in that little area.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah i would figure DC or Detroit or even LA would be worse than little old Liberty St. but i guess we got da real thugz up in the 'nati :lol:

cstreu1026
06-22-2009, 10:23 PM
I think the Bengals are screwing up the curve.

95redstang
06-22-2009, 11:04 PM
I am always down in that area for work. I have never had any trouble. It looks like your typical $hithole .. I have been to some crap areas for work. I was in Chicago last week. I drove through the south and west sides of Chicago. They look just as bad as OTR. I thought DC,Baltimore, or Detroit would be #1...
Mark Mallory and council must be proud..

Blackpony
06-23-2009, 07:59 AM
I saw that and I don't buy it. Sure its a bad neighborhood but I don't think it compares with those in Chicago and Detroit.

Caprini Green did hold the record like 8 years ago till the of Chicago had the great idea to tear down all the C.H.A housing buildings and now it's a very nice place to live. I would think Gary IN. would be up there being they held the record for so long for murders per capa.

Gene
06-23-2009, 08:39 AM
The entire thing is based on bad tech. The numbers aren't an accurate representation of current OTR trends. The crime rate in the area has been dropping dramatically in the past 3-4 years.

A really good analysis of the article:
http://www.urbancincy.com/2009/06/intellectually-dishonest-report-claims.html

04 Venom
06-23-2009, 08:52 AM
The entire thing is based on bad tech. The numbers aren't an accurate representation of current OTR trends. The crime rate in the area has been dropping dramatically in the past 3-4 years.

A really good analysis of the article:
http://www.urbancincy.com/2009/06/intellectually-dishonest-report-claims.html

I agree. You can "interpret" numbers in several different ways. I wouls rather walk through OTR than West Baltimore, southeast LA or similar urban garden spots.

02mingryGT
06-23-2009, 09:01 AM
I agree. You can "interpret" numbers in several different ways. I wouls rather walk through OTR than West Baltimore, southeast LA or similar urban garden spots.

I also agree you can get numbers to say whatever you want them too. But, the people debunking the article also have an interest in doing so. I would walk OTR in daylight but wouldn't do so at night.:lol:

supercab78
06-23-2009, 06:08 PM
I spend 6 1/2 years making runs out of the 29's firehouse at Liberty & Lynn. The area is semi safe during the day but at night it's bad. I've seen alot of shit go down in that area. I felt very uneasy walking around there in daylight unless I was in uniform. I wouldn't even want to drive through there in a car at night time,

Black92LX
06-24-2009, 08:52 AM

For a neighborhood breakdown I believe it. Notice it's not labeled most dangerous city.

If you look at the map it uses, smaller zipcodes (neighborhoods) sections for it's analysis.
Cincinnati's major crime is very concentrated to Over-The-Rhine. Where as Chicago and Detroit are spread over a much wider area and multiple neighborhoods.

If you read the others in the top 25 Chicago has 4 total neighborhoods in the top 25.

So most dangerous neighborhood I could see.