Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
where can i download songs to itunes besides itunes $1.29 now??? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : where can i download songs to itunes besides itunes $1.29 now???

beefcake
06-16-2009, 10:43 PM
haven't downloaded for a couple months, and went to download and saw new releases are 1.29 now

screw that,

i saw rhapsody which i've never used has an unlimited service for $14.99, can you download songs from there to i tunes?

where else can you download for a reasonable price?

'92Stang
06-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Never used it. But, some people at work use Limewire.com, and sharebear.com....Free..:bigthumb

beefcake
06-16-2009, 11:10 PM
i'm not looking for "free",

but, if the rhapsody for $14.99 gives you unlimited downloads, thats not bad

i just can't tell by reading if you actually get to download by their site, it reads a little misleading i think, maybe not though

Waffles
06-17-2009, 12:41 AM
I refuse to use either Bearshare or Limewire. They're too popular and there are just too many virii floating around on them. Ares is my choice. In 5 years I've never gotten an infection and still find whatever I'm looking for.

cobrajoe
06-17-2009, 04:32 AM
I stumbled across this yesterday. Have not had time to look into it much, was looking for a old school song.

https://soundsbox.com/

2007ShelbyCobra
06-17-2009, 05:49 AM
frostwire.com

89notch
06-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Mp3rocket is 40/liftetime membership and works perfect for me.

beefcake
06-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Mp3rocket is 40/liftetime membership and works perfect for me.

i saw mp3 rocket, how does it work as far as putting your music into i tunes?

Black92LX
06-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Terry you can import any mp3 into your iTunes library. The source does not matter.

There are multiple ways of doing this.
The easiest way is to set iTunes as your default player and double click the file. It will start playing and have been added to your iTunes library.

Also you can click file->add file/folder to library

NaomiDstangLvr
06-17-2009, 09:40 PM
www.mininova.org (http://www.mininova.org)
www.thepiratebay.org (http://www.thepiratebay.org)
Or if your really good at figuring out things on the computer, I download cd's in a matter of seconds here, http://www.nzbsrus.com/.

Btw, NEVER USE LIMEWIRE! There are WAY too many viruses there!

PonymanfiveO
06-17-2009, 11:09 PM
I used to use limewire a lot. You just have to be carefull what you are downloading. file types and such.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Beef as long as you're downloading an actual mp3 file, you can still upload them into iTunes and use them on your iPod just as if you owned the CD yourself and ripped it into mp3 format.

I've been thinking about ditching iTunes anyways. I don't like how they have a limit to how many times you can burn the stuff you buy (which doesn't make that huge of a difference anyways since you can just copy the CD you burn), plus the recent hike in prices is BS. I don't buy much offline anyways, only stuff that i'm not interested in buying the whole album. If i want the whole album i just buy the CD.

RACEME
06-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Beefcake...Are you after new music or older stuff?

beefcake
06-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Beefcake...Are you after new music or older stuff?

mostly new, i've downloaded a ton of old stuff from cd's and i tunes already

347sc
06-18-2009, 11:00 AM
What I do is just click add file or add folder and Itunes will add it to my library. If its a different format like wma it will even convert it for you.

I use yamipod to add and back up my ipod. its a drag and drop interface

Black92LX
06-18-2009, 12:26 PM
I've been thinking about ditching iTunes anyways. I don't like how they have a limit to how many times you can burn the stuff you buy

I am in the same boat about wanting to switch. But the limiting how many times you buy it is really a nonpoint as there are so many ways around it.

I still use iTunes because I have yet to find a player/ripper/burner/library organizer and streamer that has such a simple and streamlined interface with so many options, it's hard to beat.
Especially since it's free.

PaulFiveOh
06-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Limewire Pro

http://www.paulloveless.org/limes.exe

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I am in the same boat about wanting to switch. But the limiting how many times you buy it is really a nonpoint as there are so many ways around it.

I still use iTunes because I have yet to find a player/ripper/burner/library organizer and streamer that has such a simple and streamlined interface with so many options, it's hard to beat.
Especially since it's free.

Yeah i still use the program itself but i'm looking to get away from iTunes Store for my purchases.

HDmstng
06-19-2009, 12:27 AM
(CNN) -- A federal jury Thursday found a 32-year-old Minnesota woman guilty of illegally downloading music from the Internet and fined her $80,000 each -- a total of $1.9 million -- for 24 songs.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/18/minnesota.music.download.fine/index.html

holeshot
06-19-2009, 07:09 AM
i agree with naomi.... http://thepiratebay.org/

Markcore
06-19-2009, 07:19 AM
frostwire.com

x2 :cool1:

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-19-2009, 07:26 AM
(CNN) -- A federal jury Thursday found a 32-year-old Minnesota woman guilty of illegally downloading music from the Internet and fined her $80,000 each -- a total of $1.9 million -- for 24 songs.

I got busted about ten years ago for sharing movies. At the time i was on a privately owned hub that i knew the owner of personally, he had to know you to give you a password and let you in, and still someone busted all of us. The guy told me that if he was with the music people i would've been SCREWED. I got off with a warning and that was enough for me...no more illegal downloading or sharing of ANYTHING for me.

BigBadStang
06-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Terry, the Rhapsody thing is kid of screwy. It's not a bad deal if you don't want to "keep" the music. Basically, you load up your player with any and all the music you want, but if you don't sync the player to the site at least every 30 days, the right to play the music expires and the file is no longer accessible. So essentially, you are renting the songs. This isn't a bad deal if someone is the type that wants to try all kinds of new music w/o having to risk buying it to find out you hate it, or someone that listens to something for a few weeks then is totally done with it.

Another option for songs is Amazon.com
Most all of their songs ar .99, and they constantly run deals on albums for $5.99. They are DRM free and yours to do with what ever you want.

bobtsgt
06-19-2009, 08:37 AM
just downloaded the free version of mp3 rocket. set up just like limewire but downloads a lot faster. I may be buying the pro if the trial runs out.

NaomiDstangLvr
06-19-2009, 09:49 AM

I saw that today. If she would have been smart, they never would have caught her! There's ways!

BTW, no offense Beef, but I can't believe you out of all people is complaining about $1.29! :lol: ;)

beefcake
06-19-2009, 11:23 AM
I saw that today. If she would have been smart, they never would have caught her! There's ways!

BTW, no offense Beef, but I can't believe you out of all people is complaining about $1.29! :lol: ;)

i don't have anymore money laying around than anyone else lol

just a car payment , lol

30% is a pretty big price increase imo and i doubt i'll be downloading anything at that, i could stomach the $1,

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Ya know i was just on iTunes and it just pisses me off so bad. When you go to a typical band and look through their songs, they've hiked the price on the songs that get downloaded the most. That's directly trying to squeeze more money out of the buyer. I think i'm officially done with iTunes Store. I've got a little over $5 on a prepaid card left and that'll be the last i spend with them. I'll probably use Amazon from here out.

347sc
06-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Ya know i was just on iTunes and it just pisses me off so bad. When you go to a typical band and look through their songs, they've hiked the price on the songs that get downloaded the most. That's directly trying to squeeze more money out of the buyer. I think i'm officially done with iTunes Store. I've got a little over $5 on a prepaid card left and that'll be the last i spend with them. I'll probably use Amazon from here out.

They are a business and in it to make as much money as possible so it only makes sense to do that. People will pay it and they will rake it in.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Yeah the sheep will stay with the flock but my money goes where the best price is. iTunes haven't done jack crap for me to be loyal to them.

This is just like McDonalds and the damn double cheese burger. Are they gonna leave it .99 or keep jacking it up to $1.29? :lol:

Mista Bone
06-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Just checkout the CD or DVD from the library for FREE!!!!

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-19-2009, 04:36 PM

Yeah? How many hardcore albums does the local library have on hand? Any Amon Amarth or Daath or As I Lay Dying at the library? :lol:

cstreu1026
06-19-2009, 05:08 PM

You can thank the music industry. I am not quite sure why they have the power they do but its ridiculous. You can buy fairly popular older movies on DVD for $5-10 at Wal Mart but CD's are still $10-20. What a damn joke.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-19-2009, 05:15 PM
You can thank the music industry. I am not quite sure why they have the power they do but its ridiculous. You can buy fairly popular older movies on DVD for $5-10 at Wal Mart but CD's are still $10-20. What a damn joke.

Yeah seriously. It's so stupid how much music costs vs. movies especially considering the money that goes into making a movie. But i guess replay is more for music than movies maybe. I guess you can't go jogging and watch a movie on your iPod unless you wanna go running out into traffic :lol:

chadomac
06-19-2009, 11:29 PM
i don't have anymore money laying around than anyone else lol

just a car payment , lol

30% is a pretty big price increase imo and i doubt i'll be downloading anything at that, i could stomach the $1,

:doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :screwy::screwy:

02mingryGT
06-20-2009, 08:34 AM

+100 :bigthumb

NaomiDstangLvr
06-20-2009, 10:01 AM

Good idea! I forgot about that! We would rent out movies all the time!

NaomiDstangLvr
06-20-2009, 10:01 AM
+100 :bigthumb

You know what I'm sayin'?!? :lol: ;)