Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
GF's car caught on fire as I was driving down 71 [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : GF's car caught on fire as I was driving down 71

306Power
06-14-2009, 09:54 AM
So yesterday as my gf and I were driving her car to Kings Island up 71 north, the transmission was acting funny I would floor it and it wouldnt shift into any gear past 70 mph it would literally stop itself at 70 when flooring it but if you eased down the gas I got it up to around 75. Dont even know what that problem was, but anyways shortly there after a heard a knock from the motor and once it was faint enough to tell I know exactally what it was, a rod knocking bad so as I start losing power and I know Im squirtting oil everywhere Im working my way on getting over in the e lane the rear end all at once caught on fire from the right rear bumper to the rear side window. Luckily I didnt freak out to much and cause a huge accident in traffic. I pulled out to the e lane my gf and I got back and the fire died. Well someone called 911 and the fire truck took up to lanes on 71 right before the kenwood exit, so if you any of you all drove that traffic jam that was from me sorry about that lol..... To sum it up I told my gfs parents not to but this car that it had been wrecked there were a lot of problems I seen with the car, but they did anyways. Sure enough the guy who had it before that was supposed to be the one who fixed it from being a total loss car had wired up something in the back wrong and wrapped electric tape around it that ignited the fire. Luckily no one was hurt and they have finally realized that this car is a POS and are cutting there losses on it now, now they'll probably listen to me on this next car.

04 Venom
06-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Damn good thing you didn't panic.

87poopcoupe
06-14-2009, 06:09 PM
what kinda car was it ?

306Power
06-15-2009, 12:23 AM
2000 Pontiac Sunfire, car had been wrecked 3 times and totaled once. I tried to tell them not to get the damn thing.

facemelter71
06-15-2009, 05:39 PM
And you got the car to 70? I didnt know that they got over 50.