Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cheapest place to buy nice furniture? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to buy nice furniture?

USMCPONY
06-13-2009, 03:20 AM
Im going to be building or buying a new house in the near future and would like to get new furniture. Everything from the bedroom suite, living room, dinning room suites, entertainment center, etc. Who has the best prices? Thanks for your help.

beefcake
06-13-2009, 07:53 AM
so are you OFFICIALLY looking for new furniture? lol

BigBadStang
06-13-2009, 09:50 AM
so are you OFFICIALLY looking for new furniture? lol

:lol::rofl::lol::rofl:
Official Cheapest Quality Furniture Thread
:lol::lol::lol:

RIXXX93GT
06-13-2009, 11:46 AM
You will find many defenitions of cheap good quality furniture. For some its Value City and others its special order from Maceys. Value city does have low end and fairly well built all wood furniture, if you like the modern look, IKEA has lots to choose from but Im not sure of the quality since its all build yourself. I have always had good luck with Macey's and Elder Beerman Furniture outlets. Do you want it to last for 6-10 years or do you want to hand it down to your grandchildren?

USMCPONY
06-13-2009, 12:43 PM
You will find many defenitions of cheap good quality furniture. For some its Value City and others its special order from Maceys. Value city does have low end and fairly well built all wood furniture, if you like the modern look, IKEA has lots to choose from but Im not sure of the quality since its all build yourself. I have always had good luck with Macey's and Elder Beerman Furniture outlets. Do you want it to last for 6-10 years or do you want to hand it down to your grandchildren?

What I should of said was. Where is the cheapest place to buy very nice furniture? Im not looking for cheap furniture that will fall a part on me in a couple years. I want high quality furniture with the cheapest price.

Kelly Pelrine
06-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Ive had very good luck with Value City. I just moved back into my house and needed to replace a few things i had sold off. The quality is good and the prices are not out of line. If you're wanting really nice furniture expect to pay. Actually thats not totally true. I bought a few things from Walmart (i know i know) but i am very surprised at the quality & durability. Way less than what id pay elsewhere and even though its not all real wood its manageable until i start making the big bucks lol.

CNTLOSE
06-13-2009, 03:12 PM
We bought my girls bunk beds and bedroom items from Furniture Fair. Very nice stuff, good quality, good people, and prices were good for what we purchased. I have also used Macys and Elder Beerman. I am not happy with the products we purchased from EB, they did not last long...and that was before 4 kids. Macys products have held up very well.

Timido
06-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Best qaulity furnature we have bought is "Handcrafted Amish furniture" Best value furniture we have bought is Ashley and Maceys.

87poopcoupe
06-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Ikea is the best...

Dirtyd0g
06-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Ikea has some nice stuff. Better than the walmart crap at similar prices.
Alan

sean
06-13-2009, 11:18 PM
We love ikea, We did my daughters room with alot of things from there. Very affordable and is holding up nice

Foxxx5oh
06-13-2009, 11:45 PM
im a fan of big lots, we got a couple chairs from them quite some time ago and they held up to the abuse of an adolescent me...lol

Timido
06-14-2009, 01:43 AM
We looked at Ikea. I thought it was not so cheap price for crap qaulity.

Dirtyd0g
06-14-2009, 02:52 AM
We looked at Ikea. I thought it was not so cheap price for crap qaulity.

It definately isn't handmade quality, but beats the heck out of the junk you buy at walmart. We bought a bed that has a desk under it that we love because it makes a small room much much larger.
Alan

USMCPONY
06-14-2009, 03:14 AM
:lol::rofl::lol::rofl:
Official Cheapest Quality Furniture Thread
:lol::lol::lol:

No, not cheap quality. Cheap price with good quality. :bigthumb

USMCPONY
06-14-2009, 03:15 AM
Thanks guys! I will look at all the stores listed. Keep em comming if your know more places.

Blackout
06-14-2009, 09:22 AM
There is a liquidation funiture outlet over off 747 and Maulhouser(spelled something like that) They have every thing and are very reasonable and good quality.

PONYGRL
06-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Def. check out Ikea and Value City.

Also, I have looked at Big Lots and had lots of luck over the years... dk if they have them in Ohio but there are a couple in NKY. They always have random furniture and I have got quite a few things there, it's just kind of hit and miss because they don't have a HUGE selection, but it depends on what you are looking for. I bought some tables there last year for like $300 and they were discontinued Broyhill ones... probably cost $750+ normally and I looked everywhere before I found those.

Also, if you go to Furniture Fair, they ALWAYS have really nice stuff in their clearance section. That's where I bought my dining room pub-style table. I wasn't even looking for a new table at the time but when I saw it and the price I had to buy it! Hope this helps.

cstreu1026
06-14-2009, 11:26 AM
My wife and I bought quite a lot of furniture from Furniture Fair when we built our house. Furniture Fair use to have a couple of clearance outlets. One was attached to their store in Eastgate and the other use to be on Dixie Highway in Erlanger.

The highest quality furniture we bought though was our Amish bed room furniture. We saw what we wanted in a store in Nashville, Indiana but ended up buying it at http://www.amishoutletstore.com We ended up saving maybe $1500.

BigBadStang
06-14-2009, 11:27 AM
If you buy anything from Furniture Fair, their setup/delivery is second to none.