Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
steeda # 19 cam [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : steeda # 19 cam

Ryan218
06-07-2009, 01:45 AM
wanted something different so went with a out of the norm cam.

this is the cam i have chosen for my car. now my plan is to throw boost at the car down the road with a single turbo set up but thats a year or more off. been told this is a good cam for boost. now my question is with this cam being a somewhat mild lift of .480 will the stock springs be ok with this cam?

stang5slow
06-07-2009, 03:20 AM
^ good question, same cam im thinking of going with, im lazy, i dont wanna change valve springs just yet lol, wanna get new heads first and do it all at the same time

Ryan218
06-09-2009, 05:11 PM
^ good question, same cam im thinking of going with, im lazy, i dont wanna change valve springs just yet lol, wanna get new heads first and do it all at the same time

alot of 94-95 guys seem to run to since the computers dont flip out. ( wha the guy who will be tunning my car told me. its not that extreme on lift i think it would be find leaving the stock valve train for now. my dads friend has the B cam and has stock valve train so i think it should be ok.

Ryan218
06-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Any imput?

kennebellcobra
06-10-2009, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't do it....floating the valves and doing some damage will cost a lot more in the end than replacing the springs....you can replace them on the car...not that hard.

facemelter71
06-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Yep,did the same thing on my car.Did a cam swap and Comp Beehive spring install and had it done to drive it home from my dads the same night.
Cant remember what I paid for the spring's from CS,but its cheap insurance.Your right there to take the cam out,spend the extra dough and swap the springs with it.
Mileage and heat play a huge roll in spring tension and you dont want to drop a valve and have it make love to the top of a piston.

stang5slow
06-10-2009, 05:32 PM
^ think all go with waht facemelter said, btw think you can bring that cam home soon and let me take a gander at her?

Ryan218
06-11-2009, 12:28 AM
^ think all go with waht facemelter said, btw think you can bring that cam home soon and let me take a gander at her?

huh?

ok well is there any certain springs i need to stick with or what would be recommended?

facemelter71
06-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Comp cams beehive springs.