Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
How do I remove sap from a car? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove sap from a car?

Sonie03GT
06-04-2009, 08:48 PM
My sister has sap all over her brand new Fusion and she was hoping someone on here would know how to remove it. Any suggestions?

Black Horse
06-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Depending on how bad it is:
Formula 409

If it doesn't cut it use WD40 followed by the 409

They also make some of the Paint safe Goo Gone type of stuff - check at your local parts shop

Make sure you give the car a good washing after removing the goo.

Clay bar work well for older sap and goo that has been there a while

Holly
06-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Sap on cars has been the story of my life, my driveway is surrounded by them. Thankfully I can park my Charger in the garage, but any other cars I have had while I lived here always had sap on them. They make stuff for tree sap removal, you can get it at Walmart. Get some razor blades too, just be careful not to scrape off the paint.

sean
06-04-2009, 09:59 PM
if her car is brand new make sure she didnt get the paint protector when she got the car. Sometimes goes by the name xzylon or something like that. Its a paint and inside protector that they sometimes sell. Have her check her paperwork or call the dealor

djom1cincy
06-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Clay bar. Did my car a few weeks ago before waxing it. Had some spots that wouldn't come off after numerous washings. Clay bar took it right off. Great product.

Black92LX
06-05-2009, 11:03 AM
+1 on the clay bar.

Might take a couple go rounds dependent upon how long it's been on there.

bascom123
06-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Cut the damn tree down.. :)

facemelter71
06-05-2009, 03:37 PM
3M adhesive remover.It will take wax and everything up with it,but at least you can get it off there.

R825OH
06-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Clay Bar

BigBadStang
06-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Sap on cars has been the story of my life, my driveway is surrounded by them. Thankfully I can park my Charger in the garage, but any other cars I have had while I lived here always had sap on them. They make stuff for tree sap removal, you can get it at Walmart. Get some razor blades too, just be careful not to scrape off the paint.

:eek: I hope your kidding Holly.:lol:

redfirepearlgt
06-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Cut the damn tree down.. :)

If that doesn't work and the sap is fresh believe it or not as told to me by a professional detailer - Dawn Dishwashing liquid. You heard me right. Works fine for my cars with just a little elbow grease. Take your time don't rush. Mix a heavy shot in a quart or so of hot water. Does not damage the finish.

djom1cincy
06-06-2009, 07:48 AM
If that doesn't work and the sap is fresh believe it or not as told to me by a professional detailer - Dawn Dishwashing liquid. You heard me right. Works fine for my cars with just a little elbow grease. Take your time don't rush. Mix a heavy shot in a quart or so of hot water. Does not damage the finish.

I think Dawn will remove the wax also. Just wax it after using.