Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
What website for reserving hotels? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What website for reserving hotels?

RACEME
06-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Priceline? Travelocity? What are the best sites for getting a hotel room. I need to find one in Gatlinburg for next month.

cstreu1026
06-03-2009, 03:02 PM
I like to check a few like Hotels.com, travelocity, and expedia. I alway compared rates with the hotel's acutal website as well. Sometimes hotels (like airlines) offer better rates for booking directly.

mustangboy
06-03-2009, 03:14 PM
My wife usually uses one of those site just to find what is out there but always gets a better deal when you contacts the hotel directly.

CNTLOSE
06-03-2009, 03:24 PM
My wife usually uses one of those site just to find what is out there but always gets a better deal when you contacts the hotel directly.

+1 You can also use it to negotiate your price directly with the hotel. They make more when not paying a fee to a third party.

thecollector
06-03-2009, 05:13 PM
+1 You can also use it to negotiate your price directly with the hotel. They make more when not paying a fee to a third party.

+2. I travel for work approx 30% and booking direct is almost always cheaper... They only time you really seem to save with the travel sites is if your getting a package ex: flight, room, and rental car.

Enjoy the burg, hope your able to escape the tourist trap with a few dollars left in your pocket. Skip the T-shirt shops and hike a few trails. Have a good time.

RACEME
06-03-2009, 06:03 PM
My buddy is getting married there. I am just down there for the night.

RIXXX93GT
06-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Just checked this on Expedia for Gatlinburg the other day, very reasonable right now.

Jaylynn
06-04-2009, 07:18 AM
I agree abt contacting the hotels directly - i chek the websites, then call the hotel direct. Don't forget AAA rates if you have a card they have saved us lots of $$ in the past.