Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Ford sales up! Best it's been since 08' [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ford sales up! Best it's been since 08'

Pitbull1052
06-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Thought it was interesting as all the other automakers file bk... Ford sales are up!

http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/02/news/companies/auto_sales/index.htm

Black Horse
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Yup....a few of the Plants are reporting increasing their production! Lots of new stuff coming out too. Good to be Ford at this point in time, quality is way up too! (as good as Toyota)

mustangboy
06-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Ford does seem to be on the right track and I'm sure it does not hurt that alot of people that would have bought a GM or Chrysler product are now looking alot closer at Fords.

Pitbull1052
06-02-2009, 02:44 PM
I don't get how one can stand on it's own and the other two are clearly FUBAR!!!!!!!! I've read and read on it and today I was reading on how the costly mistakes (model of cars) got them there..... now the first car they showed was a Corvair spider.... does this mean GM has been that messed up since then????

Black Horse
06-02-2009, 03:02 PM
While the road has been long and winding......you only have to look at the recent past - Ford started 3 years ago with rightsizing and model alignment, etc. It sure wasn't knowing a recession was going to happen, more of a need to return to profitability that drove it - it just put Ford in a decent position when the bottom did drop out.

Ford REALLY needed the money too....they just were able to put a plan together to scrape by. If GM completely fails (read that Chapter 13 not just Chapter 11 restructure) then Ford will have big issues. All three are tied together (like suppliers, political efforts, etc.)

Jaylynn
06-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Ford deserves to benefit - they're the only one not in our pockets for cash right now -

04 Venom
06-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Finally some good news on the domestic automotive front!!! Ford will also have to get further concessions from the UAW to keep the playing field level with what GM and Chrysler get as the result of the bankruptcy proceedings.

beefcake
06-02-2009, 10:06 PM
While the road has been long and winding......you only have to look at the recent past - Ford started 3 years ago with rightsizing and model alignment, etc. It sure wasn't knowing a recession was going to happen, more of a need to return to profitability that drove it - it just put Ford in a decent position when the bottom did drop out.

Ford REALLY needed the money too....they just were able to put a plan together to scrape by. If GM completely fails (read that Chapter 13 not just Chapter 11 restructure) then Ford will have big issues. All three are tied together (like suppliers, political efforts, etc.)

yep, and 3 years ago everyone was laughing at ford saying they weren't doing stuff right

98stangv6
06-02-2009, 11:12 PM
I really wish I would have bought some Ford stock when it was around $2, I think it hit $6 today.

winner70ta
06-03-2009, 09:04 AM
What was said on the news last evening was that Ford had borrowed a ton of $$ back before the economy took a nose dive. Several billion is what they had said. Ford needs to continue to sell and do well to repay that debt otherwise it was projected that they, too, could be in finacial trouble. It does look like Ford made the right moves at the right time and hopefully will continue to do well. They certainly have a great line-up of cars right now to the times that we live in.

04 Venom
06-03-2009, 09:36 AM
What was said on the news last evening was that Ford had borrowed a ton of $$ back before the economy took a nose dive. Several billion is what they had said. Ford needs to continue to sell and do well to repay that debt otherwise it was projected that they, too, could be in finacial trouble. It does look like Ford made the right moves at the right time and hopefully will continue to do well. They certainly have a great line-up of cars right now to the times that we live in.

$18 billion to be exact; even the Blue Oval trademark was used as collateral. Alan Mulally, the new CEO at the time in 2006, took a big gamble when he bet the farm to allow Ford to restructure its product line. It now looks like the guy is genius, but repaying the debt will be a huge undertaking. Still you have to admire him, since American CEOs are not known for focusing on long term goals over short-term profits. A Big StangBangerz :bigthumb to Mulally!

02mingryGT
06-03-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm glad Ford stock is up since my Father owns it. However I think some of the boost can be attributed to those consumers who still want to buy American don't really have much of a choice now.

winner70ta
06-03-2009, 01:51 PM
$18 billion to be exact; even the Blue Oval trademark was used as collateral. Alan Mulally, the new CEO at the time in 2006, took a big gamble when he bet the farm to allow Ford to restructure its product line. It now looks like the guy is genius, but repaying the debt will be a huge undertaking. Still you have to admire him, since American CEOs are not known for focusing on long term goals over short-term profits. A Big StangBangerz :bigthumb to Mulally!

Well said! :bigthumb

Jaylynn
06-04-2009, 07:15 AM
I do hope Ford does well & continues to!! (hopefully the gov't doesn't give too huge of an advantage to GM w/ feebie $.............)

beefcake
06-04-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm glad Ford stock is up since my Father owns it. However I think some of the boost can be attributed to those consumers who still want to buy American don't really have much of a choice now.

actually thats not true, they have the exact same choices they had before

the difference is people are "choosing" to buy from ford

we've had several people that specifically stated they are buying ford because they didn't take money

02mingryGT
06-04-2009, 02:08 PM
we've had several people that specifically stated they are buying ford because they didn't take money

That's what I meant....:bigthumb

4barrel
06-04-2009, 03:06 PM
By buying American, do you mean the Mexican made Fusion?

Black Horse
06-04-2009, 03:33 PM
By buying American, do you mean the Mexican made Fusion?

Yup..SOUTH American!

4barrel
06-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I'd rather buy made in the USA.

Dirtyd0g
06-04-2009, 05:56 PM
I wish I honestly thought of any car as american made, but the majority of anything is foreign anymore. I am glad to hear Ford is doing well my mother has a bit of stock and lost a fortune on it. Maybe it will come back for her.
Alan

Mista Bone
06-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I'd rather buy made in the USA.

Like both my Honda's????

OHIO made.

4barrel
06-05-2009, 02:53 AM
I wish I honestly thought of any car as american made, but the majority of anything is foreign anymore. I am glad to hear Ford is doing well my mother has a bit of stock and lost a fortune on it. Maybe it will come back for her.
Alan

Do some research. There are some cars that are built mostly in the USA. The last few times I've been to a new car lot, the window sticker has printed on it where the engine, trans, and final assembly for that vehicle took place. You'd be suprised at where some "foreign" cars are made. You'd be suprised where some "domestic" cars are made.

Dirtyd0g
06-05-2009, 03:09 AM
Do some research. There are some cars that are built mostly in the USA. The last few times I've been to a new car lot, the window sticker has printed on it where the engine, trans, and final assembly for that vehicle took place. You'd be suprised at where some "foreign" cars are made. You'd be suprised where some "domestic" cars are made.
Start taking them apart and reading the tags. Only the big parts are made here. All the little stuff comes from foreign countries such as china,taiwan,indonesia,etc.....
Alan

4barrel
06-05-2009, 04:08 AM
:D Just to clarify, I work on the assembly line at the Toyota factory in Kentucky. On our cars, MOST (75% +/-) of the parts we use are made by suppliers right here in the surrounding area. (Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio) We build the Camry and Camry Hybrid, Avalon, Solara, and Venza.

I don't condone buying any Toyota not built here in the USA, and I don't condone buying any other brand car built outside the USA. I don't mind one bit to see a USA made car being bought, no matter what brand it is. Buy USA. The blue collar labor employees will apreciate your support. The companies are ALL traded on Wall Street, so you don't have to worry about where the profits go. There are foreigners who own stock in the Detroit companies, and there are USA citizens who own stock in the "import" brands.

For what it's worth, that's my point of view.

Mista Bone
06-05-2009, 06:29 AM
4barrel, I'm all for supporting the blue collar local labor. It has a much bigger impact than worrying about where the profits go.

4barrel
06-05-2009, 01:37 PM
^ AWESOME! When it comes to cars, I don't care what brand you get as long as it's made in the USA. It's cool to see other people feel that way, too.

2007ShelbyCobra
06-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I dont give a shit where its made, bottom line is it did not originate in the USA. If the profits did not go back to the originating country, then why the hell would they be selling them and making them here?

4barrel
06-05-2009, 02:48 PM
The profit is divided amongst the shareholders. There are people from the USA and also from ALL OVER THE WORLD that own stock in Ford AND Toyota. That's where the profits are going.

You've never heard the saying "build them where you sell them"? You're ok with buying a car built in China, because it's original company has it's headquarters in the USA? You realize that you'd support MORE of the USA's economy by buying a Toyota Camry than you would if you bought a Ford Flex, right? Because the Camry is built by THOUSANDS of people here in Kentucky, the Flex is built by THOUSANDS of Canadians. At the headquarters, the Camry supports about 30 Japanese CEO's and the Flex supports about 30 American CEO's. In the end, the Camry creates more jobs for the USA employee.

04 Venom
06-05-2009, 04:30 PM
:I don't condone buying any Toyota not built here in the USA, and I don't condone buying any other brand car built outside the USA. I don't mind one bit to see a USA made car being bought, no matter what brand it is. Buy USA. The blue collar labor employees will appreciate your support.

I'm with you.