Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Pinks All Out Indy [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pinks All Out Indy

Steves LX
05-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Well I went to run in Pinks All Out this past week and had nothing but problems. My first run on Friday my bottle pressure was around 1400PSI after sitting in the lanes to long waiting on broken cars. So I decided to wait to spray it until the big end and ran a 11.74@123. I damn near stalled the car on the launch because I had it set up on my 2 step to launch low planning on spraying straight out of the hole. I go back up for my 2nd TNT pass a few hrs later and have everything right where I want it and low and behold as soon as I dumped the clutch, Kaboom and I said ohh shit what was that!!! The drive shaft snapped at the tranny. The yoke exploded into pieces. My output shaft is twisted as well. So I get the car towed back to the pits and yank the tranny. I come to the conclusion that I am done and what a waist this whole week has been. A friend of mine from Middletown was coming up Saturday to watch me race and he called me Friday night to see how things were going. I told him I was done and he said BS on that I am yanking my tranny out of my car and we are bringing it with us. We will be at the pit gate at 8:00 Saturday morning with it. He wasn't kidding either. I had to be at a drivers meeting that morning and him and 5 others had his tranny in my car and everything back together when I got back from the meeting. I thru a bottle in the car and went up and made my qualifing passes. I really wanted to give it hell but I didn't want to break someone elses stuff. So I launched low and didn't powershift. I managed a 10.81 and a 10.79. Both with crappy 60's. 1.64 and 1.62. The class they picked was 10.20-10.40. I should've been there but hey I was just glad to have gotten and got a chance. Here's some video of a couple of my passes. The wife says sorry for the bad video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YLkOKXk2W0

Mista Bone
05-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Thats one heck of a friend......and I've had to do the same.

Emergency run to Mid Ohio......

Steves LX
05-31-2009, 11:22 PM
Thats one heck of a friend......and I've had to do the same.

Emergency run to Mid Ohio......

Yeah I couldn't agree with you more. I insisted Friday night that he not do that. But he insisted otherwise. I've only known this guy for 2 years. I met him at Tristate at a TNT one Saturday. Other than hanging out at the track together here and there that's really it.

12seclx
06-01-2009, 12:22 AM
pretty cool the dude and 5 others put the tranny in and everything... talk about friends.. Glad you got to enjoy the event and take it all in... Hopefully next time, the funnel clouds and busted driveshafts will not be in attendance!;)

Mista Bone
06-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Yeah I couldn't agree with you more. I insisted Friday night that he not do that. But he insisted otherwise. I've only known this guy for 2 years. I met him at Tristate at a TNT one Saturday. Other than hanging out at the track together here and there that's really it.

but when he, like I, are willing to step up, it makes a great impression on other racers. WE have a desire to win, even if not at the wheel piloting the car/missle.

I'll be flat honest, I cannot afford to enter/build a car. Knowing my work as a transmission builder has won several awards, I will settle for that. I'm humble that way....something Vinny understood.

CREW, aka pit bitch, I'm there.

NXcoupe
06-01-2009, 04:14 AM
Wow! Steve, you are a true racer and so is the guy that brought you the parts you needed! Man, if I would have been there, I would have helped you out as well. Unfortunately I am a little ways away. I know what it's like to go to Pinks all out and have issues. At least you went and the experience is something you will not soon forget! I still enjoy watching the videos of my car going down the track and seeing my reaction time to the arm drop. Way cool. Glad you ran some decent times, your car will be in the low tens, just give it time. Also, get with me and I will let you in on a little nitrous driveshaft secrets, you are at that point where you need to know. Take care!