Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
My New Ride; 1989 SSP [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My New Ride; 1989 SSP

CNTLOSE
05-27-2009, 03:46 PM
You may have seen it on ebay this past week. It is a Washington State Police SSP Mustang, completely stock other than a Borla cat back exhuast. Car is a 5 spd. and still has some of the emergency equipment on it. I plan on doing more of a restoration on it and keeping the '94 to build on. I may do a section in the Projects area when I get started with it. I fly out to pick it up tomorrow and will hopefully be home tomorrow evening.

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1989%20Mustang%20SSP/e4BHKBWEKGrHgoOKkIEjlLmVUyCBKFfWdEP.jpg
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1989%20Mustang%20SSP/e4BHLgmEKGrHgoH-CYEjlLl9odTBKFfE3IE.jpg
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1989%20Mustang%20SSP/e4BHLQB2EKGrHgoH-DMEjlLltmFiBKFfClD.jpg

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Very nice. Mine was already a "racecar" when i got it...all the SSP stuff was long gone except for the buck tag. If you haven't yet you should try to find yours. Here's a little info on mine http://www.cardomain.com/ride/626821/2

CNTLOSE
05-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Nice and what a rare car your is. Mine was the 200th car purchased by WSP in '89. (Not 200th SSP) The firewall was signed by Leonard Griffin who did all the fleet PDIs through the dealership in Spokane that had the fleet orders for those years. Also it has the full body molding on it so from what I have found so far it was a slick top which was never assigned to a Trooper and was used for random traffic enforcement.

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1989%20Mustang%20SSP/e4BHJwBmEKGrHgoOKkEjlLmZICkBKFfWizF.jpg

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-27-2009, 04:12 PM
That's pretty cool. I always wanted to find the officer who drove mine but never got into it.

Walter
05-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Sweet!

CNTLOSE
05-27-2009, 04:22 PM
That's pretty cool. I always wanted to find the officer who drove mine but never got into it.

After being on sspmustang.org I found they are like a cult about these things :lol: But I guess we all are a little crazy about these cars. :cool1:

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Yeah, i get chastised every time i poke my head into any SSP "cult". They all give me hell for putting the Pacecar nose on mine, like it's some kind of irreversible damage. I've said it 100 times....anyone who cares so much about my car who really wants it, just buy me an equally clean 4 eye factory 5 speed factory V8 coupe, help me swap all my go fast parts over and i'll sell you my car as a roller for cheap.

Maximus
05-27-2009, 04:35 PM
I fly out to pick it up tomorrow and will hopefully be home tomorrow evening.

You are flying out to Washington, picking up this Coupe and will be home Tomorrow night?? WHOA! Im staying off the highways!!:eek::lol:

R825OH
05-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Nice find,yeah the SSP guys are a little kooky about their cars

CNTLOSE
05-27-2009, 04:39 PM
You are flying out to Washington, picking up this Coupe and will be home Tomorrow night?? WHOA! Im staying off the highways!!:eek::lol:

:lol: Yep, putting on the jet turbine and watch out! :lol:

Actually a collector in Nashville, TN has it...along with several others. I was going to have to wait a week to go get it with a trailer, but I got such a good deal on a flight it was cheaper this way vs gas money.

quik lx
05-27-2009, 04:56 PM
After being on sspmustang.org I found they are like a cult about these things :lol: But I guess we all are a little crazy about these cars. :cool1:

They hate me...I did sell them some of my SSP stuff though. I kept my dealer delivery tags, warranty cards and fleet service cards, as well as the SSP paperwork for myself, kinda neat stuff to read. Enjoy it your way!!!!!:cool1:

CNTLOSE
05-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah my plans are pretty basic for it. I am planning on a stock restoration for the most part. Will get the exterior stuff done first, new headlights, repaint the black trim, and take care of any nicks / scratches. (All original paint.) This winter I will pull the motor and repaint the engine bay and have Mustangboy powdercoat all the brackets and whatever else I can get done. Might do a rebuild on the block with mild mods... stock heads ported, mild cam, roller rockers, etc... whatever my budget and wife will let me do. :D

...of course we all say this at one point, next thing you know the car is in million pieces and you start throwing the performance catalog at it :lol:

Mista Bone
05-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Nice find!

Rich
05-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Very nice Matt...give me a shout when you back. Would like to come down and check it out.

CNTLOSE
05-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Very nice Matt...give me a shout when you back. Would like to come down and check it out.

Will do.

Gearhead
05-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Nice SSP !! Did you buy it from "Vintageracer" on the SSP board ??

I have an SSP as well - 1991 North Carolina unmarked.

shadez14
05-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Very nice. I wish I would have kept a few odds and ends from my 90'. Guy who bought it ended up ripping it apart and it sold it to a guy who had know idea what he was getting into. I know you will do this one right. I would keep it cop car look, with alot more un-noticed go.

Kevin1989
05-28-2009, 04:24 PM
so whatcha gonna do with that vert when tyour done with it?

CNTLOSE
05-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Just got home with the new ride. Damn for 150k it runs like a dream and is quick as hell...must have had a rebuild at some point. T5 shifts like new, clutch feels new, and it has a new clutch cable. K member is spotless as well as the undercarriage. Has a few spots here and there on the body, but for a 20 year old cop car not too bad. Rear suspension is shot so that and pads for the front seats will be the first thing I do. (My ass and kidneys are killing me from the drive home.) Also got all the stuff necessary to duplicate the decals on the doors. Hopefully the weather will hold out tomorrow so I can start detailing her.
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1989%20Mustang%20SSP/100_4564.jpg

Photos make the paint look a lot better than it is. A repaint will be in the future after the mechanicals and interior are done.

Not sure of his online name, his first name is Mike. He has the first ever SSP Mustang (1982 CHP Prototype ) and the last 92 CHP EVOC car. He owns the camera car in this famous video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DOMBA72AxwAlso an FBI SSP and an '86 FHP SSP. I sent my request in to mustangssp.org, just waiting for it to be activiated. But if Vintageracer has all the above then yes that is who I bought it from.

CNTLOSE
05-28-2009, 05:29 PM
so whatcha gonna do with that vert when tyour done with it?

Hopefully finish it this weekend and start enjoying it. :cool2: I have a lot of stuff planed for her. This SSP is more for a long term restoration and maybe an investment...at least the way the price of coupes are going. Although she will hit the track here in the next couple weeks...got to see what she'll do :D

CNTLOSE
05-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Very nice. I wish I would have kept a few odds and ends from my 90'. Guy who bought it ended up ripping it apart and it sold it to a guy who had know idea what he was getting into. I know you will do this one right. I would keep it cop car look, with alot more un-noticed go.

Yeah that was one good thing about this car...it has a lot of the "goofy" items still on it. The guy I bought it from deals a lot in these and has quite a collection as well. He even stated this is one the best "left alone" examples he has seen. It even has the air silencer still attached.

mustangboy
05-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Did you get a chance to stop and pick up some tasty brew?

CNTLOSE
05-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Unfortunatly no. My flight left at 0900 but I was awake by 0200 after going to bed at midnight and I could not go back to sleep...thinking about what all I am going to do to this car. We go to TN a lot, my family is originally from there. Just for the name I am going to have to pick some up.

Kevin1989
05-28-2009, 10:48 PM
dang, haha i had my eye on that vert before you bought it i couldnt get the cards right to get it but your doing what i had planned for it H/C/I but not as fast as you haha

mustangboy
05-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Thats ok on the beer. Next time you guys head down let me know and I'll give you some cash to pick some up, it really is some good stuff.

CNTLOSE
05-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Thats ok on the beer. Next time you guys head down let me know and I'll give you some cash to pick some up, it really is some good stuff.

Will do :bigthumb

CNTLOSE
05-29-2009, 07:40 PM

Yep it was Vintageracer. He wrote to me on the SSP board.

CNTLOSE
05-31-2009, 09:48 PM
dang, haha i had my eye on that vert before you bought it i couldnt get the cards right to get it but your doing what i had planned for it H/C/I but not as fast as you haha

I feel like it is taking me forever. We did get a lot done today and should be running tomorrow. Still have to get a few bolts to plug the EGR ports up and things like that.