Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
I need some AC help! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I need some AC help!

Holly
05-26-2009, 05:34 PM
I tried to turn my air on a couple of days ago and for some reason, it's not putting out COLD air. It's cool, just not cold. Does anybody on here work on AC (the heat pump part outside)? I called a couple local places today, but they want a couple hundred dollars just to come and look at it, then go from there, that's ridiculous! I'd be happy to pay someone, but I don't want to get screwed like Vinny and I did with Willis Heating and AC back in 2006, they got us for $600, and then came back and got us for a couple hundred more.

I didn't mind the past couple of days, but after being in the AC all day today, I need AC at home too!

I'd certainly appreciate it!

Call me or text me if you know somebody that can help me out.

Holly Changet
(513) 226-1082

racingrick
05-26-2009, 07:37 PM
What is your location?

sean
05-26-2009, 07:55 PM
is the filter freezing up? Mine was doing the same thing and I looked at the filter and it was frozen. That could mean low freon or the drain is cloged up. In my case it was the pipe for the drain backed up. If its frozed you can turn off the ac and just run the fan and that will thaw it out fast. While ist thawing if you want to speed things up with the hair drier thats ok too. While you are thawing it thats a good time to check and see if its draining proper. Youll have some plastic tubing running from the unit to a drain. I cleaned all that and used my shop vac to suck out the drain pipe too. If you are getting good drainage and its still freezing up your prob low on freeon. After I uncloged the drain its been great ever since. Also make sure you dont set it lower than 74. From what I am told the unit inst really ment to be set under 74 or it stands a better chance of freezing. Mine is set at 75 and its good to go. I hope this helps. I just had to deal with it last week.

Holly
05-26-2009, 08:56 PM
What is your location?

New Richmond.

I have a guy coming on Thursday, he has been here before to work on it several years ago. Him and Vinny talked mustangs the whole time. I talked to the guy's dad tonight, he is sending him down to take a look at it.

racingrick
05-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Also make sure you dont set it lower than 74. From what I am told the unit inst really ment to be set under 74 or it stands a better chance of freezing. Mine is set at 75 and its good to go. I hope this helps. I just had to deal with it last week.

Never heard of that before.

sean
05-27-2009, 01:50 PM
When I googled why my ac was freezing up, the 74 temp thing was on one of the reasons for freezing up. That may have been for a bigger house because I seem to remember setting things to 66 and such in my younger days at appts.