Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
YAY i got laid off ! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : YAY i got laid off !

87poopcoupe
05-26-2009, 02:02 PM
YAY............ i get called into the corporate office today.. i think yay i'm going to finally get my performance review.... my boss always tells me how great a job i do !

what do i get.......:flipoff:

a pink slip.......

i'm still waiting for the punchline..... so now i gotta go home an mope and start looking for a new job in a damn recession.......

so here's to newport on the levee :flipoff:

2007ShelbyCobra
05-26-2009, 03:02 PM
:( sorry to hear that, i know theres a lot of others with the same story, hope you luck with finding a new one

Blackout
05-26-2009, 06:58 PM
yep. just like me....I work for GM

tcorns
05-27-2009, 07:28 AM
kinda ex DHL here! been off since may 1 and right now it's ok. the state is going to pay for my retraining and there are tons of programs out there to help someone locate a job. if i can help anyone with some websites let me know.

trev

Will
05-27-2009, 08:05 PM
My work is hiring. Called the Hillman Group we have been on overtime for over 2 months now. Not the most money but it will get you a paycheck. Let me know and I will get the infor for you.

mwaller5672
05-27-2009, 08:52 PM
I just turned 55 and the only advantage I see is the fact I can't get laid off. In febuary I will have a full retirement from duke. Even if I don't retire the option is there. That is nice. That is the only good thing. Even if I stay I'm off 2 months just for vacations and holidays. It's a well known fact at Duke that after fifty they can't fire you unless it's for stealing or something.

Blackpony
05-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Sorry to hear. It happened to me the same way. "Oh Jim your doing a great job and BTW we're eliminating your position

bascom123
05-28-2009, 07:24 AM
The economy sucks this just proves it.. Sorry to hear it man, keep your chin up something will come along.