Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Drove a 2010 GT today my Impressions [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Drove a 2010 GT today my Impressions

Black92LX
05-18-2009, 06:21 PM
I like it very very much.
Seats are incredibly comfortable compared to that of my 92, 96, or 2002. They hold you in place very nicely without being to constraining. The gauges, and stereo are laid out quite nicely. Though the HVAC is quite confusing as the knobs are fairly small and were difficult to read. Though with time and getting used to it would be second nature.

The stock exhaust note is much more aggressive then I expected and really wouldn't need a non catted midpipe to get it to where I enjoy the tone. I think a simple axleback standard magnaflow would be perfect.

Clutch is very very soft almost no resistance at all, I would actually prefer it to be a fair amount stiffer. Shifter is nice and smooth and shorter than that of what I have with an after market short throw on my 96.

Braking was quite responsive with very good pedal feel. I would be interested to feel the brakes that come with the upgrade to the 3.73 rearend as the calipers are supposed to be upgraded as well as the pads.

Very good sightlines out of all angles of the vehicle (this did not have the quarter window louvers).

I didn't get to hammer on it too much as it was rush hour but 1st gear seemed very weak to me but second was a really nice pull and easily broke the tires loose again going into second gear.
3rd gear seemed to have a very nice pull from 40mph to around 80mph with a very very nice exhaust and engine tone.

Steering felt good though did not have much of a place to really see how well it did.

Overall I was very impressed with the car. The only thing that I still prefer from my 96 and 2002 is the concaveness of the driver and passenger dash as opposed to the straight across appearance of this one.

beefcake
05-19-2009, 08:23 AM
i like em, i think they are going to do well

the interior is the biggest improvement

NaomiDstangLvr
05-19-2009, 08:28 AM
I like it very very much.
Seats are incredibly comfortable compared to that of my 92, 96, or 2002. They hold you in place very nicely without being to constraining. The gauges, and stereo are laid out quite nicely. Though the HVAC is quite confusing as the knobs are fairly small and were difficult to read. Though with time and getting used to it would be second nature.

The stock exhaust note is much more aggressive then I expected and really wouldn't need a non catted midpipe to get it to where I enjoy the tone. I think a simple axleback standard magnaflow would be perfect.

Clutch is very very soft almost no resistance at all, I would actually prefer it to be a fair amount stiffer. Shifter is nice and smooth and shorter than that of what I have with an after market short throw on my 96.

Braking was quite responsive with very good pedal feel. I would be interested to feel the brakes that come with the upgrade to the 3.73 rearend as the calipers are supposed to be upgraded as well as the pads.

Very good sightlines out of all angles of the vehicle (this did not have the quarter window louvers).

I didn't get to hammer on it too much as it was rush hour but 1st gear seemed very weak to me but second was a really nice pull and easily broke the tires loose again going into second gear.
3rd gear seemed to have a very nice pull from 40mph to around 80mph with a very very nice exhaust and engine tone.

Steering felt good though did not have much of a place to really see how well it did.

Overall I was very impressed with the car. The only thing that I still prefer from my 96 and 2002 is the concaveness of the driver and passenger dash as opposed to the straight across appearance of this one.

I just still think their a chick car. I don't know what it is, but every time I see a newer Stang its 9 out of 10 times a woman driving it. :lol:

beefcake
05-19-2009, 08:31 AM
I just still think their a chick car. I don't know what it is, but every time I see a newer Stang its 9 out of 10 times a woman driving it. :lol:

a lot of chicks do drive the v6 stangs

Mongoose
05-19-2009, 08:48 AM

I like my 27mpg daily driver

NaomiDstangLvr
05-19-2009, 09:01 AM

Plenty of GT's also. Just saw a girl, with a red GT yesterday....

BigBadStang
05-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Call it "Girl Power"...isn't that what you gals are always yelling anyway?
Now, a Mitsu Eclipse is a chick car.:lol:

beefcake
05-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Call it "Girl Power"...isn't that what you gals are always yelling anyway?
Now, a Mitsu Eclipse is a chick car.:lol:

eclipse's are big chick cars for sure

cstreu1026
05-19-2009, 10:48 AM
so were the last generation of Mercury Cougars

Wolvrin704
05-19-2009, 11:58 AM
And VW Bugs are chick cars, thats what my oldest daughter wants when she starts driving in 4 short years.

I really like the new style Stang and the more I hear the more I want one in my driveway with my name on the title.

beefcake
05-19-2009, 12:07 PM
And VW Bugs are chick cars, thats what my oldest daughter wants when she starts driving in 4 short years.

I really like the new style Stang and the more I hear the more I want one in my driveway with my name on the title.

513-478-1965

:) You want me to deliver it for ya , I can work that out lol

Crossfire
05-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Mike Castrucci ford in Milford has a 2010 roush on the floor and they will have a gt 500 by the end of the month if anyone wants to go check it out... Ive been there three times already lol

Black92LX
05-20-2009, 04:31 PM

It's in the running of cars for my wife. So I guess it fit.