Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
so whadya think, should i go for a '10 shelby? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : so whadya think, should i go for a '10 shelby?

beefcake
05-18-2009, 06:04 PM
they keep trying to talk me into it at work, but the vette is just so sick power and looks wise, the only downside is i don't have the backseat for the 2 little ones

my vettes running 10's drives and handles like a dream, i have nav, removable roof, back up camera,

it gets around 24mpg highway with just breakin 600 at the wheels

my mgr keeps trying to get me to order a 10'

i miss having a mustang, but i almost think it would be a step down,

but i'm sitting here staring at the brochure and it looks pretty sweet

i dunno lol

alright lets hear pros and cons

Lt. Dangle
05-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Pros.

1. You won't have to cruise your vette around, like a junk ass jeep with no doors. :lol:

2. It's a Mustang, a GT500 at that, baller status.

3. The all around performance of the car is astonishing for being a factory stock car.

4. It's a new car, who doesn't like getting a new car.

5. You will likely be able to get an awesome rate, and price on the car through the company.

Cons.

1. You're NOT, I repeat NOT going to outhandle the vette, without some SERIOUS suspension.

2. The LSx motors aftermarket, is HUGE. We all know how you like modding basically everything you own/buy, so that's something to look at.

3. Looks, the Vette looks AMAZING, and is the epitome of the American sports car.

Black03SVT
05-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Get the Shelby and go with a KB 2.8 or a Whipple 3.4. and then next year I can buy it off ya!!!!!:lol: I like the vet but you can go just as fast in the Shelby....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_kLW3wVGOM

Black Horse
05-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Get the Fiesta...it out handles the Vette!

(Are you sure you are not ready for a Porsche?)

beefcake
05-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Get the Fiesta...it out handles the Vette!

(Are you sure you are not ready for a Porsche?)

if you weren't old i'd smack you lol

hahaha

R825OH
05-18-2009, 07:09 PM
The 'vette is a sweet ass ride Terry. I would probably keep it and buy a Fusion to haul the kids in.

MrsAPE
05-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Just curious...how long have you actually had the vette?!

beefcake
05-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Just curious...how long have you actually had the vette?!

i think it's nearing a year

as far as hauling the kids, i have the wifes expo for just hauling kids

i enjoy them being with me though at cruise ins and stuff like that

i wanted to hit filmores yesterday, but i wanted to spend time with the girls too, so, taking the ride out was out of the question

the other day my daughter had a project for class, she had to say something about everyone in her family

the funny thing was for me she wrote

my dads name is terry and he loves mustangs

lol, i knew i was raising her right lol

satan jamez
05-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I think the 2010 Gt500 looks great, even better than the Vette. But looks to me is all it's got over any newer Vette. To me there is more to a car than driving in a straight line and stangs handle like poo compared to a newer Vette.

Pros for the Gt500: Looks Awesome, more room, 1/4 mile can be just as fast.

Pros for the vette: All around supercar performance.

Stang849
05-18-2009, 07:28 PM
I think you should give me the vette to babysit for a year, while you buy the Shelby and rock it out. I'll gladly give the vette back after the year is up. :angel: :D:D

DeckerEnt
05-18-2009, 07:56 PM
The way you improve any car you buy, the performance is not an issue. You will improve what ever you get. What did the vette start out with?? The shelby would be getting back to your roots so to speak. And you would have a back seat for the kiddos. I don't see a downside here.

cstreu1026
05-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Sell the Vette, order a new shelby and that giant ass whipple!

CNTLOSE
05-18-2009, 08:14 PM
With kids a backseat is a big plus for all the reasons you mentioned. I was looking at a '02 ZO6 and the only reason I did not get it was because no backseats. Get the Shelby, the first time you take you kids to a show with them in the back it will be all worth it. :cool2:

Plus Vette's are for 60 year old men....right? :lol:

2Kblacksleeper
05-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Terry, no mater what just make sure it makes you happy. Out of all the other cars i have known you to own my favorite was you old GT500. The vette is a very close second.

If you do want to sell the vette let me know, my manager is looking for something like it off and on. He already owns an 02 vette with a Corsa exhaust etc.

John

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-18-2009, 08:48 PM
I would rather have the '10 Shelby if it only went 14 flat in the 1/4. That thing is just too badass to pass up. If i were in your shoes it wouldn't even be a debate. The Vette is awesome but for me it doesn't get much better than the new Shelby.

mach_u
05-18-2009, 08:50 PM
I think you are on the wrong board to get an unbiased opinion. If it was me, I would rock that vette like it was my job. :)

Stangman
05-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Uh, yeah I'll take a 2010 Shelby, white with blue stripes or black with white stripes, color matched interior, big supercharger, and HID's

....Oh wait this is about Terry's decision! :lol:

:D

beefcake
05-18-2009, 08:59 PM
welp,

lets get the feelers out, lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230343987638

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Hey Terry do you buy any chance know if there's any ZR1's around here? I could swear i saw one on 471 a week or two ago.

But yeah the Vette is super nice but DAMN how could anyone pass this thing up??

http://www.tuningnews.net/wallpaper/1600x1200/ford-shelby-gt500-2010-01.jpg

KenB
05-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Have you seen one in person?

ibstrokin
05-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Keep the vette. The mustang is nice, but they are apples and oranges. Your vette is a awesome car. It has looks, power, handling, dependability.

DeckerEnt
05-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey Ken, you need to let Terry know what you could do to a '10 GT500!!!! I bet it would pound the vette into the asphalt!!:evilgrin:

STREETRODZ1
05-18-2009, 10:31 PM
That's tough, i understand the kids though, and that ways heavy on the decision. The Shelby looks great, but so does the Vette, bottom line is you got to be happy with it so choose wisely.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Have you seen one in person?

Me or Terry?

I've seen the GT in person but not the GT500. You're saying it looks better in pics i guess? Where CAN i see one in person? :D

KenB
05-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Me or Terry?

I've seen the GT in person but not the GT500. You're saying it looks better in pics i guess? Where CAN i see one in person? :D

Yes I really liked it in pics. Not as much now that I've seen one up close. They had one at the Atco race. Too much cheap plastic outside, and directly from the front it looks cross eyed.

I'd rather have the current Shelby to start with.

DeckerEnt
05-18-2009, 11:11 PM
So what would You do to one if you got a blank check Ken!! Inquiring minds want to know....

KenB
05-18-2009, 11:30 PM
So what would You do to one if you got a blank check Ken!! Inquiring minds want to know....

Twin Screw blower, Kooks Headers/X pipe, Magnaflow Catback and some cams.

I'm LOVING my Techco on my car so I would probably wait for the Shelby version to come out. When I started on my car I was thinking that I should have just bought a shelby. But now that I'm driving it, I'm glad I kept it. The Auto in this thing is pretty damn fun since it's a 5 speed. Just wish it could handle big power.

Ken

Pitbull1052
05-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Keep the vette and buy an older shelby! I use to work for Joseph Chevrolet, belonged to the Corvette club...... and your vette has to be one of the baddest Ive ever seen!!!!!! and I've seen em all Gouldstrand, Lingenfelter you name it. I see Shelbys everyday! But only one 10 second street driven Corvette!!!!!!

k062693w
05-19-2009, 07:42 AM
KEEP THE VETTE !!!

MADMOD
05-19-2009, 07:45 AM
I am going to have to say keep the vette.

bobtsgt
05-19-2009, 07:49 AM
just have both. use the vette for the winter :D

beefcake
05-19-2009, 08:16 AM
we'll see what kind of offers i get on my ride, that will weigh heavily on my decision

NaomiDstangLvr
05-19-2009, 08:31 AM
I'd pick a Stang over a Vette any day! Sorry Beef! Lol! But there was this Vette the other day down the street from us, we thought it was you! So that Shelby you'd REALLY be noticed! But I might be biased though! ;) :D

mustangcwm
05-19-2009, 09:53 AM
I wish I had to make a decision on keeping the vette or buying a brand new shelby mustang.

PKFIRE
05-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Modified Vette or New top of the Line Mustang. There is always excitement factor that new cars like the Camaro and new GT500 bring. This is the same excitement that may blind side you into selling something that is just as good or maybe even better. Are you bored of the Vette already? You have a one of a kind car since you had all that work done to it. I'm really not sure what drives you into car purchases. Is it the fact you feel your Vette is complete and it's time to move on to something new? Is it just the excitement of a new car or you just miss being part of the group of Mustang owners.

It's your choice and I say weigh in the regret factor because to me that Vette would be hard to give up especially after what you have done to it.

Rich
05-19-2009, 10:12 AM
It's a sickness!

Wolvrin704
05-19-2009, 11:54 AM
If its important to have your girls involved in your hobby I say get the Shelby. While its nice for many of us to wish we had such a choice to make I for one am glad I don't because I would have a tough time too. But since I regularly drive my Stang with my wife and girls I'd go with the Shelby. Of course I already told the wife when the girls are grown up and gone I'm getting a Vette.

04 Venom
05-19-2009, 10:45 PM
OK Beef, other than the fact that we all love Mustangs, exactly what can the GT 500 do that will equal, let alone surpass, your current ride? Isn't this really a question of wanting something new? Really?

sean
05-19-2009, 10:58 PM
can you keep the corvette (wich I would) and buy a nice mustang? Get a nice fox or what ever body you would like. You will be able to take the kids with you and not regret giving up the corvette. There a plenty of mustangs out there that you could make your own and not cost so much so you can have both. JMO, I like having everything I want so I try to find a way to make it happen.
Good luck< but think it over. I did the same thing (on a lower price car) getting rid of a nova for a convertable corvette. I still miss that nova. I am going to get another one some day too.

Camaro86SHOCKER
05-20-2009, 02:17 AM
keep the Vette, it looks way meaner.

05yellowgt
05-20-2009, 06:11 AM
Wait another year if you can. I keep hearing rumors of engine changes for the '11 model year GT500 to go along with the 400hp 5.0 SS destroyer "Coyote" engine coming to the GT's. Now whether that is just an aluminum block coming in place of the cast Iron, or something slightly larger I can't seem to get good info on yet.

beefcake
05-20-2009, 08:46 AM
i keep hearing the romors on the 11 gt as well

i don't see them doing a whole lot more with the gt500 though

i dunno lol

had an offer of $47,500 on the vette last night

i'd like a few more out of her though

Wolvrin704
05-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Wait another year if you can. I keep hearing rumors of engine changes for the '11 model year GT500 to go along with the 400hp 5.0 SS destroyer "Coyote" engine coming to the GT's. Now whether that is just an aluminum block coming in place of the cast Iron, or something slightly larger I can't seem to get good info on yet.

The Coyote is a go.

By now, it's no secret that millions of fans hope to see the recently updated Ford Mustang get a much-needed power plant upgrade in the near future. Well, Mustang fans, we've got some interesting buzz for you. Today, Ford of Australia's Russell Christophers hinted that a new 5.0 liter V8 codenamed "Coyote" is currently in R&D in the US of A. That's right, the SEMA rumors seem to be heating up closer to the boiling point of truth, folks. If this 5-oh comes to fruition, sources say the numbers tach in at 400hp and 400 lb-ft of torque from the DOHC motor. So now, it's not a question of "if" the Coyote will come to pass; it's a question of "when". Many say 2011 or 2012. Conjecture is welcome, as no one can say for certain, given the volatility the market (and aftermarket, for the matter) is experiencing. Until we hear more, stay tuned...

http://www.stangnet.com/2010-Ford-Mustang/Sources-Say-Coyote-is-a-Go-090518.html

05yellowgt
05-20-2009, 09:25 AM
The new 5.0 is going to be a pretty bad ass motor for the GT's.

Wolvrin704
05-20-2009, 11:57 AM
The new 5.0 is going to be a pretty bad ass motor for the GT's.

Yep, from what I'm reading its bvasically a destroked 6.2 which will be in the SVT F150 Raptor. I'm willing to bet the 6.2 ends up in the GT500, or Boss which is rumored to be coming in 2012. So it sounds like it'll have allot more potential than our current 4.6, thats the reason I want one.

Also the 5.0 will replace the 4.6 across all lines as it'll be cheaper to manufacture. Or so the rumors go.

And not only will the 5.0 be available in the GT but the 3.5 V6 Ecoboost will be in the base Mustang. Sounds like Ford learned its previous lessons from competing with the Camaro and are now applying them.

beefcake
05-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Yep, from what I'm reading its bvasically a destroked 6.2 which will be in the SVT F150 Raptor. I'm willing to bet the 6.2 ends up in the GT500, or Boss which is rumored to be coming in 2012. So it sounds like it'll have allot more potential than our current 4.6, thats the reason I want one.

Also the 5.0 will replace the 4.6 across all lines as it'll be cheaper to manufacture. Or so the rumors go.

And not only will the 5.0 be available in the GT but the 3.5 V6 Ecoboost will be in the base Mustang. Sounds like Ford learned its previous lessons from competing with the Camaro and are now applying them.

i don't know about that as the mustang outsold the camaro and firebird together like 4 to 1 or something like that

Mista Bone
05-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Beef, how do you keep from loosing your ass on modded cars???

If your are flipping and making a profit, I can see this.

Then again you are a lowly CAR salesman :)

Not a personal attack, just jealous of your car fetish :)

05yellowgt
05-21-2009, 06:29 AM

Nope the 5.0 isn't related to the 6.2 AFAIK. It is a lot closer in relationship to current modular engines. It has I believe a 3.6 or 3.65 bore and stroked slightly more than that current 4.6 as well. Hopefully the new blocks will be compatible with older 2v 3v and 4v heads as it will be a very nice alternative to the cast iron BOSS 5.0 blocks currently offered out of the FRPP catalog.

Now at one point in time I believe there was a 5.8 variant of the 6.2 truck motor that may have been slated for use in a hi-po Mustang. Mr. Obama and his vision of 40mpg cars and 30mpg trucks is probably going to kill any of what was left of that every happening though. So go get these muscle cars while they still exist.

cobrajoe
05-21-2009, 06:40 AM
Here's a link to a article with some decent pics of the motor in a current (10') body style.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-coyote-v8.html

Looks very promising!:bigthumb

05yellowgt
05-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Now what is really interesting in those pics are the dual cam positions sensors on both heads. That means independent variable cam timing on intake and exhaust. As long as the system is a little more robust than what is currently on the 3v's, this could be a huge deal.

beefcake
05-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Beef, how do you keep from loosing your ass on modded cars???

If your are flipping and making a profit, I can see this.

Then again you are a lowly CAR salesman :)

Not a personal attack, just jealous of your car fetish :)

sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

my 08 shelby i actually make about 4500 on, buying it new, with the mods

so, not a bad deal,

Wolvrin704
05-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Nope the 5.0 isn't related to the 6.2 AFAIK. It is a lot closer in relationship to current modular engines. It has I believe a 3.6 or 3.65 bore and stroked slightly more than that current 4.6 as well. Hopefully the new blocks will be compatible with older 2v 3v and 4v heads as it will be a very nice alternative to the cast iron BOSS 5.0 blocks currently offered out of the FRPP catalog.

Now at one point in time I believe there was a 5.8 variant of the 6.2 truck motor that may have been slated for use in a hi-po Mustang. Mr. Obama and his vision of 40mpg cars and 30mpg trucks is probably going to kill any of what was left of that every happening though. So go get these muscle cars while they still exist.

I'm sorry its not a 6.2, its the 6.8 Boss motor that I've read its a destroked version of. This is the engine that will be going in the SVT Raptor. I also read that the it'll have 4.00 bore but at this point most of what I've read is probably rumor. Regardless its a new line of engine and I'm stoked about the possiblities. I also read today that the 3.5 in the Mustang may have 400 hp unlike the 350 it has in other cars but I just don't see the V6 getting as much hp as the GT, at least not initially. Over time I'm sure both will get an increase.

Don't even get me started on Obama.

05yellowgt
05-21-2009, 01:20 PM
The My Ford magazine I got a few days ago still says 6.2 for the Raptor and it also says 500hp instead of 400!!! I just hope that isn't a typo. The Ecoboost motors are going to be cool. I think the 3.5 is supposed to be able to be rated at up to 415hp from the factory.

cobra429boss
06-03-2009, 12:33 PM
That shelby is bad ass

Blkcobra01
06-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I hope it does actually happen a 5.0 mod motor 400 hp have heard about the ecoboost but not the 5.0 and have heard of engine changes for 11 didnt know if it was a rumor but just wonder cause of Obama and his gas standards he wants. I also would try to hold out on getting a Shelby till net year to see if they pu a different engine in it. That is a nice vette though. But I can see were your coming from on wanting to take your kids around in it but you cant.

Wolvrin704
06-04-2009, 01:17 AM
From the reading I've been doing on BlueOvalNews and a few other Ford related sites with more than a few employees on them the 5.0 is coming for sure. The 4.6 and 5.4 are being phased out by Thanksgiving and in fact 5.0 machinery is currently being installed in the engine plant. The 5.0 will have 400hp and be for all the vehicles that use the 4.6 and 5.4 engines. Currently the 6.2 is only slated for the SVT Raptor and yes it does have 500hp. Haven't heard anything about the GT500 or rumored Boss but odds are it'll either have a supercharged 5.0 or maybe even the 6.2 from the Raptor.

I'm thinking though that the 3.5 Ecoboost V6 may be detuned or deturboed for the Mustangs. It should still have 250 - 300 hp I would think and since the SHO has the turbo getting one for a Stang shouldn't be difficult. But this is all conjecture on my part. But I'm not sure that they'll put a 350hp engine in the base Stang when the GT will only have 400hp.

At any rate exciting times are coming to the Mustang world more than we already have.

Mista Bone
06-04-2009, 01:24 AM
Hate to say this, Ford doing it right.....seems the last time the economy was this bad a Fox was born. Sure was ugly at first, but damn it sure turned out fine!!!!!!

About that time Mopar went into bankruptcy.........30 years later sounds like same old record.....not like many today know what a record is.

Waffles
06-04-2009, 02:13 AM
Why choose? Keep the Vette, order the Shelby. :)

cobra429boss
06-04-2009, 02:51 AM
Why choose? Keep the Vette, order the Shelby. :)
Vette is sold from what i have heard and he picked up a 04 Whippled mystic cobra, Someone correct me if i am wrong..

beefcake
06-04-2009, 07:09 AM
you are correct my friend!