Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Start, then no start with new DBX. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Start, then no start with new DBX.

evildriver
05-16-2009, 02:09 PM
I did do a search on this and I tired a few things ,but nothing seems to work.
I have a 5.0 with bolt ons. I just put long tube headers on and a power pipe with a DBX meter. I put the headers on first,then I started the car with the original intake setup. It started and ran. I then put on the power pipe and dbx. It will start, go up to around 1500rpm, then go down a little, then die. It will start up and run with the maf unplugged, but if I understand right that is a limp mode. I tried multiple settings on the meter. I tried unplugging the iac and adjusting the idle screw. I have tried adjusting it with the iac plugged in. I have kept the battery off for 30 min. and hooked it back up. I have checked to make sure the meter is 12v, 5v, ground, and that the signal is sending a voltage signal. I am pretty sure that I am doing the meter writing right since Rick at Anderson walked me through it to make sure I was. I do have a 93 cobra computer with 24lb injectors. I am getting kinda upset right now. I have been on it for a few days doing little shit trying to get it to start and run, but no luck. Any advice would help. Thanks

facemelter71
05-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Send the meter back. Its not tuned correctly.

evildriver
05-19-2009, 09:23 AM
I can tune it myself. Right?

facemelter71
05-19-2009, 11:07 AM
What size meter is it?
And what are bolt ons? I can bolt a blower on,or a set of heads.

evildriver
05-21-2009, 09:22 AM
It's a 85mm dbx.
E-cam
Windsor jr. heads
Powerpipe
Long tubes
2.5" exhaust with x pipe
75mm TB
Typhoon intake
24lb inj.
93 Cobra ecu
underdrive pulleys
Harland rollers

Sharad
05-21-2009, 07:13 PM
I think the programming needs to be redone. I'd think Rick would work with you to get it right?