Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Beechmont Hooters is shutting down? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Beechmont Hooters is shutting down?

USMCPONY
05-09-2009, 09:40 PM
My dad went to Hooters today and was told they will be closing down in less than a week for good. Anyone heard this?

wes 89 gt
05-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I was told that bw3 would be closing down at the end of may.

Walter
05-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Damn, I thought for sure boobs, wings and beer would power right through the shitty economy.

NaomiDstangLvr
05-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Man, I'm so upset! :rolleyes: :lol:

sean
05-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Well thats it..... your right, if wings, boobs, and beer cant survive, what chance do us wingless, boobless, and beerless have???? I may just have to end it today.

CNTLOSE
05-10-2009, 06:09 PM
They closed the one up here in Centerville a few years ago. That was a surpise because it was always full.

Mista Bone
05-10-2009, 06:14 PM
The one on Fields Ertel closed a long time ago.....

USMCPONY
05-11-2009, 02:56 AM
I went there 3 weeks in a row and I had to leave because there wasnt any parking spaces available. My dad said there is a rumor they sold alcohol to a 19 yr. old kid. He left Hooters and smashed a pole or something and killed himself.

Mike
05-11-2009, 03:09 AM
That would be insane if they closed a successful business in this shit economy, because some absent-minded whore forgot to check an ID.

Fuck this country is retarded sometimes. Of course it isn't the 19 year olds fault. He's old enough to vote, see titties at a strip club, and get charged as an adult for crimes. But he went and got hammered and wrecked, and it's a vendors fault.

Fuck. Sometimes, people are just fucking stupid.

sean
05-11-2009, 03:37 AM
Mike, I could not have said it better. I am sick of bad things happening dut to the ignorance of others. And on that note, who do I have to talk to to get dennys back in the mason area.

Walter
05-11-2009, 03:39 AM
I went there 3 weeks in a row and I had to leave because there wasnt any parking spaces available. My dad said there is a rumor they sold alcohol to a 19 yr. old kid. He left Hooters and smashed a pole or something and killed himself.

At Beechmont? About 5 years ago a 19yo kid got drunk there and left on his quad (it was in the back of his truck). He proceeded down 9mile rd and either crashed or got hit by a car.

USMCPONY
05-11-2009, 03:43 AM
That would be insane if they closed a successful business in this shit economy, because some absent-minded whore forgot to check an ID.

Fuck this country is retarded sometimes. Of course it isn't the 19 year olds fault. He's old enough to vote, see titties at a strip club, and get charged as an adult for crimes. But he went and got hammered and wrecked, and it's a vendors fault.

Fuck. Sometimes, people are just fucking stupid.

And go to war! Its a bunch of BS.

At Beechmont? About 5 years ago a 19yo kid got drunk there and left on his quad (it was in the back of his truck). He proceeded down 9mile rd and either crashed or got hit by a car.

That is probly what happened. Apparently his family sued Hooters for allot of money and they had to shut down within so many years.

USMCPONY
05-11-2009, 03:47 AM
[QUOTE=sean;474241]I am sick of bad things happening due to the ignorance of others. QUOTE]

This is the reason why we have laws. Due to stupidity and ignorance.

Black03SVT
05-11-2009, 04:26 AM
Damn, I thought for sure boobs, wings and beer would power right through the shitty economy.

LOL!!!:lol:

cobrajoe
05-11-2009, 04:32 AM
That is probly what happened. Apparently his family sued Hooters for allot of money and they had to shut down within so many years.

Well if that's true and when I find out who the family is, in this sue/blame everyone society, guess I'm gonna get a class action suit going against the family for my freedom of eating there has been taken.

BigBadStang
05-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Reason 8,936 to hate Ambulance Chasers (lawyers).
Our society is run by insurance companies, lawyers, and banks...I hate them all.

02mingryGT
05-11-2009, 07:05 AM
I would say it's more likely they lost their liquor license if the 19 year old story is true.

beefcake
05-11-2009, 08:01 AM
they lost their liquor license years ago when i first started here around 5 years ago,

they were like 6 months without selling any alcohol, lost bike night etcc...

seems to stay pretty busy though,

i'll get the downlow today, my buddy at work is there 5 to 6 nights a week lol

RIXXX93GT
05-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Just my opinion but I can think of about 10 places I would rather eat wings than Hooters. I mean sure the scenery is much better but if the wings suck then Im not going. I just cant stand breaded wings.

05yellowgt
05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Just my opinion but I can think of about 10 places I would rather eat wings than Hooters. I mean sure the scenery is much better but if the wings suck then Im not going. I just cant stand breaded wings.
Their menu has expanded quite a bit in the last year or so. I used to go to the Hooters in Centerville all the time till they closed down. I will say that Hinders makes some amazing wings though Rick. I went there last week with Mr. Conley.

beefcake
05-11-2009, 03:16 PM
i had lunch their today, tt the mgr, sunday is definately their last day

Gene
05-11-2009, 04:14 PM

I think the whole concept has pretty much jumped the shark. It was a novelty in the 80s and 90s, now it's just become tired. Not to mention that the whole idea isn't exactly family-friendly...if you wanted to go out for wings, what's more socially acceptable, Quaker Steak or Hooters (and that's not even taking into account the quality difference)?

About the only thing they had going for them, IMO, was the all-you-can-eat wings on Wednesday.

bobtsgt
05-11-2009, 06:47 PM
well it still sucks to see another business go down.

RIXXX93GT
05-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Their menu has expanded quite a bit in the last year or so. I used to go to the Hooters in Centerville all the time till they closed down. I will say that Hinders makes some amazing wings though Rick. I went there last week with Mr. Conley.

Hinders rocks, a little pricey but always great food! Next time give me a shout when your heading to HInders.

PonymanfiveO
05-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I say we buy the Hooters building and put in a Heart Attack Grill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heS9ROr9WNw

mustangjon
05-11-2009, 09:21 PM
i like matt's idea! lol

2Kblacksleeper
05-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I will 2nd it.

John

BIZLE
05-11-2009, 10:51 PM
food sucked!
most of the chicks were ugly as hell!
no bike night!
parking lot was to small for car shows!
i dont see a problem at all!
hell they should have just left dennys their

Goldenpony
05-12-2009, 06:16 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. I loved their breaded wings. I went there last Friday. I may have to vist one more time before Sunday.

Paul408Notch
05-12-2009, 07:45 AM
food sucked!
most of the chicks were ugly as hell!
no bike night!
parking lot was to small for car shows!
i dont see a problem at all!
hell they should have just left dennys their

I can agree with most of these, but the wings were good on occasion, and the last time I was in there, they had the best looking Hooters girls I've ever seen. There were 3 or 4 of them that I was just shocked by.

BIZLE
05-12-2009, 08:09 AM
well i guess thats my luck lol

Hangingcogs
05-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Our clan is going for dinner tomorrow evening, if anyone wants to join us. We use to meet Vinny up there every Wed....where has the time gone?

Mr.Moontang
05-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Just might have to stop by for this...and use my card for free wings, due to the bad service I got last time we were there.

Foxxx5oh
05-12-2009, 09:33 AM
ill try and come out tomorrow night