Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
WTB - Full AC setup for 92 LX [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Full AC setup for 92 LX

DocG2828
05-07-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm trying to get some leads on a full AC setup for a 92 LX. Mine currently has it deleted but I'm looking into adding it back to it.

Thought about it all new.....but if I can find a used system that was working....a recharge is no big deal.

So if you have a working AC setup off a car that will fit a 92 LX, let me hear from you! Also, let me know what you'd want for it. Of course depending on your prices I may just go new.

Thanks!

:screwy:

loyd
05-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Do you need the Evaporator? I just took off all my A/C stuff, comp., cond., lines, drier. Just didn't take the heater a/c box out. Was converted to R-134 and was full. $100 sound good? Trying to get ecu A9L.

DocG2828
05-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Ummmm.....good question. A/C is one area of cars that I'm clueless on. The evaporator is the radiator like part within the firewall right?

I know I still have the two hose adapters sticking out of the firewall, but that's about all I've looked at. If I still have my evaporator....I'll let you know. Might take me a few days to check it out since I'm heading out of town today.

Thanks!

quik lx
05-08-2009, 09:14 AM
The evaporator is the radiator like part within the firewall right?

Your talking about the condensor. The evaporator is the round canister that attaches to the firewall fitting. The refridgerant pressure switch for the system is also located on this canister. I would buy the evap can new along with a new pressure switch, they are not expensive and are usually corroded inside even on a good working system. Plus the evap can comes with the new hose that runs up to the compressor. It is ok to use the old condensor (as long as its not too beat up) and the hard lines from the condensor back to the firewall, and compressor to condensor.

DocG2828
05-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Do you need the Evaporator? I just took off all my A/C stuff, comp., cond., lines, drier. Just didn't take the heater a/c box out. Was converted to R-134 and was full. $100 sound good? Trying to get ecu A9L.

PM sent.

DocG2828
05-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Your talking about the condensor. The evaporator is the round canister that attaches to the firewall fitting. The refridgerant pressure switch for the system is also located on this canister. I would buy the evap can new along with a new pressure switch, they are not expensive and are usually corroded inside even on a good working system. Plus the evap can comes with the new hose that runs up to the compressor. It is ok to use the old condensor (as long as its not too beat up) and the hard lines from the condensor back to the firewall, and compressor to condensor.

:confused:

Well I still have the part that is within the firewall and has the fittings sticking out.

loyd.....is that the part you're saying you do not have for sale?

quik lx
05-08-2009, 09:42 AM
:confused:

Well I still have the part that is within the firewall and has the fittings sticking out.

That is the heater A/C box. U have to remove the dash to remove that.

DocG2828
05-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Thought the round canister was the accumulator?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Mustang-AC-And-Heating-Parts

quik lx
05-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Thought the round canister was the accumulator?

Ur right evaporator is in the heater box, I was thinking of my airplanes system where thier one unit together

quik lx
05-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Don't buy that crap from Latemodel, KOI has more complete parts for cheaper.

DocG2828
05-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Still looking if anyone has any leads.

Basically trying to find a complete setup (minus the part in the firewall, evaporator I guess).....but all the lines, condensor, compressor, accumulator, etc.

Ryan218
05-14-2009, 03:03 PM
bring me a delete pully and you can have all mine.

DocG2828
05-18-2009, 10:10 AM
bring me a delete pully and you can have all mine.

OOOHHHH!!!

Does it work? :D

Ryan218
05-18-2009, 10:48 AM
OOOHHHH!!!

Does it work? :D

yupp. its been converted as well.