Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
GM Recalls new camaro's [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : GM Recalls new camaro's

thecollector
05-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Looks like they have already started down the wrong path with this one. It's hard to build confidence in a model when it is recalled in the first 2,000 units of production, especially when the manufacturer is of questionable financial security.

Was 6 years not enough new product development time???

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=10314149&nav=menu63_4

Things can only get better right?

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-06-2009, 03:59 PM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee275/EVIL85SSP/picard.jpg

04 Venom
05-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Duh!!

2007ShelbyCobra
05-06-2009, 04:15 PM
ahahaha, i like to see the competition growing, but i like seeing the competition fail even more. When will they ever get it right? :doh:

stang5slow
05-06-2009, 04:26 PM
thats why you almost never buy the first year of a new production model lol, you waite a few years later when all the recalls have been fixed on it

2Kblacksleeper
05-06-2009, 10:25 PM
I noticed the bottom of the article said made in Canada. So much for buying American. At least when i had my Accord back in 2000 it was made in Marysville Ohio. Yep we are Screwed.

John

Wolvrin704
05-07-2009, 12:45 AM
The starters are made here in good 'ol Mason, Ohio.

IWRBB
05-07-2009, 09:38 AM
They are trying to harken back to the 60's and 70's. They are heading down the right path so far. Make sure those windows rattle in the doors over every bump and they'll have a winnar@!!

02mingryGT
05-07-2009, 09:57 AM
I find it interesting the have only sold 300 v-8 models even with all the hype. Sounds like a winner.

beefcake
05-07-2009, 11:10 AM
I find it interesting the have only sold 300 v-8 models even with all the hype. Sounds like a winner.

the release date was only supposed to be today or yesterday or something

02mingryGT
05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
the release date was only supposed to be today or yesterday or something

Understand that but wouldn't they have pre-orders? I guess it's possible they could only be counting what's actually gone out the door.

Wolvrin704
05-08-2009, 12:04 AM
The release date hasn't stopped people from buying them over the last month and having them out on the road.

thecollector
05-08-2009, 08:10 AM
They were counting units that had already been taken delivery of by customers. The other 1800 or so units will be repaired at dealerships before customers ever get them. It surely isn't confidence inspiring.

NaomiDstangLvr
05-08-2009, 09:54 AM
thats why you almost never buy the first year of a new production model lol, you waite a few years later when all the recalls have been fixed on it

That's what I was thinking. Every maker has trouble with the first year of a model...

IWRBB
05-08-2009, 02:42 PM
That's what I was thinking. Every US auto maker has trouble with the first year of a model...

Fixed that for ya...

94tchikinv8
05-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Fixed that for ya...

That's not necessarily true either. The Japs like Honda usually have the new models released in Japan before they come to the US. I believe they didn't do that with the last Civic release and it came over here less than perfect. Or at least that's what I've read (pretty sure it was in Motor Trend or C&D).

That being said; as someone pointed out above it's pretty damn sad considering they exposed the concept Camaro around the time of the 05 Mustang launch. The Mustang has been redesigned TWICE in the time it has taken GM to finally release the Camaro ('05 & '10). Granted, the Mustang still didn't have all the kinks worked out at release, but GM has had more than enough lead time. Surely this problem would have showed up in one of their test mules.

-Rob

02mingryGT
05-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Here's an interesting tid-bit I found this morning concerning GM.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/07/AR2009050704336.html

BigBadStang
05-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Here's an interesting tid-bit I found this morning concerning GM.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/07/AR2009050704336.html

The WTF moment of that article...
"GM is a global company -- so for that matter is AIG and the biggest Wall Street banks. That means that bailing them out doesn't necessarily redound to the benefit of the U.S. or American workers."

Exactly...Then why in God's effing name should WE spend one effing penny on them? Let the bastards wither and die. :evilflip:

NUTTSGT
05-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Here's one that won't need recalled.

Car was 20 hours old, driver got rear-ended by a kid with no insurance... and no drivers license...

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn145/hybredGT/lost1a.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn145/hybredGT/lost1b.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn145/hybredGT/lost1c.jpg

I found the story elsewhere.

BigBadStang
05-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Christ! WTF was the kid driving...a tractor/trailer?! :lol:
That thing looks like it just disentigrated upon impact.

CNTLOSE
05-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Probably the first one wrecked. Anyone need a spare engine!

STREETRODZ1
05-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Relax fellas, it ain't that serious of a recall, its a battery cable, besides, i have worked at Ford, and they have recalls out the ass on alot of there vehicles, especially on a new model line or body style. I ain't choosing sides because i love ford and chevy, but it cracks me up when people try to nit pick because they are haters. The camaro will do well, that you can believe.

mailman
05-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Anyone have a picture of the calipers? They are loaded with two layers of wheel weights due to a vibration/squeal issue...

02mingryGT
05-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Anyone have a picture of the calipers? They are loaded with two layers of wheel weights due to a vibration/squeal issue...

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54153

I think the camaro will do as well as the Challenger. Lots of them running around, huh?

STREETRODZ1
05-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Right, because dodges sales in general are just through the roof all together (huh):rolleyes:. The car just came out, but i guess since people are not beating down the walls of the dealerships it ain't gonna sell good.:screwy:. Keep in mind this excellent economy to boot, and even still the Camaro will do well. Get a few bugs worked out, and let people start modding them some, and you diehard mustang guys will be complaining about less cubic inch in no time.:bigthumb Meanwhile i will enjoy my stangs and camaros.

BigBadStang
05-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Thats the same line of shit we heard when theF-bodies were being "built" by GM...Fast Junk...they had poor build quality in general.:lol: If the new one doesn't sell in strong numbers for consecutive years, the gov't will force GM to kill it due to the fact it won't fit into the "greenie" mold that the gov't clearly wants all the US cars to be, and the gov't will be in control at GM.:mad: Why else would GM have killed the Z28? They didn't want even more backlash for taking tax payer money, and then releasing a non "greenie", low volume car. It was even quoted from Wagoner (before the gov't FORCED him to resign) in Motor Trend that; "releasing a high performance, low volume car in this environment wouldn't be responsible."
It's all bullshit...when the gov't has that much influence on private industry...it can't be good.

STREETRODZ1
05-14-2009, 11:32 PM
The F body cars were great, what was poor qaulity about them:rolleyes:. The ls1 motor is excellent in every aspect, and the cars looked and felt great, have you ever even owned one, or are you just FORD FORD FORD, put the Ford vs Chevy BS to the side, i love my Stangs and Camaros, but stock for stock there is no comparison, and there still isn't. A stock trim F body can crack of high 12's out the box and still get 28 miles to the gallon, i have done it. Then you start modding, and like the Stangs the possibilities are endless. I think if Americans would buy American, our car companies would more then likely not even be in this predicament, we buy foreign shit and send our money right out of this country and wonder why we are in these hard times. And the government ain't helping shit, they are just making things worse, and harder on the average man who works his ass off. I hope the best for the Camaro, it is a great car, and i hope it has great success. I hope to see the Camaro and Mustang hold the muscle cars down for many years to come. One thing is for sure, there will be no foreign garbage in my drive way:flipoff:, only American like there should be.:bigthumb

BigBadStang
05-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Every F-body I have ridden in or driven, (5 or so of them...1 being a 18,000 mile unmolested WS6 Firebird) have sqeaked, and rattled and clanged in some shape or form, the roof/sail panels bubble/blister, did I mention they squeak and rattle?...The doors sag to name a few...and I just don't care for them...no matter how "fast" they are. As for owning one...:lol: no thanks. The Gen IV F body Camaros look like a Geo Storm on steroids. The Firebirds didn't look too bad, but it's the same pile as the Camaro. I'm sorry if we don't agree on these cars, but no one will ever convince me to buy one of these. But, we do share the same point of view on the foreign car thing. :)

1baddlx
05-15-2009, 03:41 AM
how about the corvettes?what is your take on them?

BigBadStang
05-15-2009, 06:27 AM
how about the corvettes?what is your take on them?
They certainly have their place/market, perform very well (C5/C6's) and have been in production a very long time. With GM killing the Z28, I find it could likely be a long time before they offer any more high cost, low volume special 'Vettes any time soon (such as the ZR1 that uses a sealer on the carbon fiber roof panel that is $60,000 a gallon:eek:). But with the fed's leaning on GM...who knows. I know when I go through Bowling Green Ky on my way to Nashville for work, the Corvette plant is idle...has been for a while...maybe 2-5 cars in the parking lot.

Stangman
05-15-2009, 10:39 AM
The Gen IV F body Camaros look like a Geo Storm on steroids.

:lol::rofl:

OMG I thought I was the only other person that thought that!!! HA!:bigthumb

thecollector
05-15-2009, 10:54 AM
I think if Americans would buy American, our car companies would more then likely not even be in this predicament, we buy foreign shit and send our money right out of this country and wonder why we are in these hard times. And the government ain't helping shit, they are just making things worse, and harder on the average man who works his ass off. I hope the best for the Camaro, it is a great car, and i hope it has great success. I hope to see the Camaro and Mustang hold the muscle cars down for many years to come. One thing is for sure, there will be no foreign garbage in my drive way:flipoff:, only American like there should be.:bigthumb

It's not so much americans not purchasing enough vehicles from GM. Sales have been down across the board for all brands of all companies. GM still sells more cars than Toyota. Sales are not the problem.

The problem lies in the companies management and its operational overhead. If your profit margin is in the single digits and your getting Corn- holled by the UAW it will be difficult to sustain any company.

The white house has already given chrysler to the UAW.

Ford was smart(er)- well relatively- and liquidated assets (land rover, aston martin, controlling interest of mazda, etc.) and made cutbacks about 2 years ago so it would have the cashflow and not be burried in debt.

Unfortunately GM is about to become OMC AKA: Obama Motors Corp.

It should be interesting to watch how the automotive industry changes over the next few years. Proffesional politicians don't know the first thing about running a company and making money. The only thing they know how to do is spend our money (taxes) or some one elses (most politicians were previously attorneys). Things will get worse before they get better.

02mingryGT
05-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Get a few bugs worked out, and let people start modding them some, and you diehard mustang guys will be complaining about less cubic inch in no time.:bigthumb Meanwhile i will enjoy my stangs and camaros.

Needs to be modded to outrun me. Like I said before I can't wait until I see one.

This is the exact same situation before they stopped making them the last time.

1) Cost more
2) Has more Power
3) Low quality plastic rattletrap

Their targeted audience is small. Most people want a sports car whose interior doesn't remind them of an Aveo.

STREETRODZ1
05-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Wow, well opinions are like assholes, we all have them. I guess i just don't have that biased ass opinion over one company or the other, i like Ford and Chevy;), i do not like our piss poor ass government, and i hate foreign garbage:mad:. I do not like Dodge but i hope they can manage through these times with Ford and Chevy because they are one of the big three. I will not argue over the qaulity of the Camaro or F bodies, but i will say the rattles and issues i have had with them are the same i have had with my Mustangs. They are performance cars that are gonna have the occasional rattles, and noises, i mean if you don't want that, then buy a Lincoln, or a Caddy. And as for you 02mingryGT, if your car was still stock it would not stand a snowballs chance in hell of outrunning the new SS, that i can assure you, it would take your very modded car to get the job done against a bone stock SS, so be proud:bigthumb. I hope the best for the Camaro as i have said, and i hope the Stangs stay successful also. It is sad what shape America is in right now, and i hope it gets better.

02mingryGT
05-16-2009, 10:08 AM
i do not like our piss poor ass government, and i hate foreign garbage:mad:.

Agreed

I do not like Dodge but i hope they can manage through these times with Ford and Chevy because they are one of the big three.

Chevy and Chrysler are bankrupt because they have built garbage for the last 10 years(or more). That's not being biased just the plain old truth which apparently the American consumer has recognized.

I will not argue over the qaulity of the Camaro or F bodies, but i will say the rattles and issues i have had with them are the same i have had with my Mustangs.

The only thing that has ever rattled on any Mustang I have owned has been the door when it shuts. I fixed that with Dynamat. My dash doesn't rattle, my console doesn't rattle and my interior doesn't look like it belongs in a sub-compact.

They are performance cars that are gonna have the occasional rattles, and noises, i mean if you don't want that, then buy a Lincoln, or a Caddy.

Hey now that's the attitude that has gotten GM where they are now. People expect a vehicle they paid their hard earned money for not to have any quality issues. And when it does thwey move on to a better built sports car(Mustang).

And as for you 02mingryGT, if your car was still stock it would not stand a snowballs chance in hell of outrunning the new SS, that i can assure you, it would take your very modded car to get the job done against a bone stock SS, so be proud:bigthumb.

My car bought new in 02: $20,947.80 (includes gap and credit life)
Cost of Modifications(approximate) $7500.00

Total: $28,447.80

Base 09 Rattletrap on
GM's build your own: $31,040

Loaded 09 Rattletrap on
GM's build your own: $38,145

If I would add 21" rims that price would be $42,000 plus. Which I wouldn't of course. So yeah to answer your question I am pretty proud. My car cost less, has a better sound system, has a non-Aveo interior and most likely it will outrun the turd. So yeah I'm pretty proud. :bigthumb

Having said all that(which was fun as hell btw), I have always respected the Camaro's power. It's that it's other faults far outweigh the additional power.

And remember, before accusing me or anyone else of being biased, you are on a MUSTANG site so you shouldn't be surprised.

STREETRODZ1
05-16-2009, 10:49 AM
You are right, i should expect nothing less on a Mustang sight:lol:, but as i said, i own both and have for many years, so i can judge the cars pretty fairly, and as i said before i have had the same issues with both cars. The Mustangs have had there corks, and so have the Camaros. I have owned 7 Stangs, and 13 Camaros, so i think i am a pretty good judge;), but you are entitled to your opinion. You say how much you have to pay for the brand new body style Camaro, but the f-body cars could be bought alot cheaper, that being said $7500 worth of upgrades to a f-body, and you would never be able to see it, i am not dogging your car, i think it is great you enjoy your car and it performs well:D, i know i love my Cobra, but i also can give credit were credit is due. As for the interior, comparable to a Aveo:rolleyes:, not exactly, im not sure were you get that from but it is not worth arguing. I am not hating or trying to be a dick, i just think the Camaro along with the Mustang are great cars and i hope the success of both of them lasts forever. From what i am reading on some other forums, dealers cant get the Camaros in fast enough, by the time they get one it is already sold to the long list of people waiting, so hopefully sales will be good for them:bigthumb.