Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
cheep air flight help [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : cheep air flight help

sean
05-05-2009, 02:22 AM
I am going to vegas in june. Who has the lowest prices and has any one ever just gone to the airport and tried to get on a flight that has an open seat? If so did you save alot of money? I dont mind sitting at the airport all day to get a low price.

plattner01
05-05-2009, 02:30 AM
want a cheap ticket price , just date an airline stewardess.:bigthumb:eek:
they have buddy passes

sean
05-05-2009, 02:36 AM
ha ha. I dont think the wife would like that. very fast and whitty reply though.

USMCPONY
05-05-2009, 02:38 AM
ha ha. I dont think the wife would like that. very fast and whitty reply though.

Orbitz.com (spelling ?)
Travelocity (spelling?)

Jeff88coupe
05-05-2009, 05:39 AM
kayak.com

also be willing and look at driving to Indy or dayton to fly out of there. Southwest has direct flights to vegas out of indy.....see if they have a sale going on.

rush88GT
05-05-2009, 05:53 AM
Shop around!! When I went out to LA it was cheaper to book through Delta than any of the travel sites. Flying out of CVG has come down in price and is lower than other local cities. The sooner you book a flight the cheaper it is.

Holly
05-05-2009, 07:22 AM
I just got back from Vegas last Sunday.

I use Expedia.com every time, can't beat the prices. They have nonstop flights out of CVG to McCarran and it's not that expensive. They gave me a free night in Vegas this last time because I always book with them.

04 Venom
05-05-2009, 07:42 AM
www.sidestep.com

It automatically checks the major services such as Expedia and Orbitz. Your chances of going to the airport and getting an open seat are usually non-existent.

cstreu1026
05-05-2009, 07:42 AM
I like Orbitz search features. They make it easy to search +/- 3 days if your schedule is flexable and they also make easy to search nearby airports like Dayton, Indy, Louisville, Lexington, and Columbus. If I find a flight I like I go to the airlines' website to check the price. Sometimes you can get a better price by booking directly with the airline.

Black Horse
05-05-2009, 08:18 AM
"Cheep" air flight? This time of year they are shipping the new hatchlings all over the US, maybe you can hitch a ride with them! :)

Seriously, if you can book/plan in advance and use Expedia or Travelocity you'll find some outstanding deals!

Blackpony
05-05-2009, 08:58 AM
want a cheap ticket price , just date an airline stewardess.:bigthumb:eek:
they have buddy passes

Mile high club

cstreu1026
05-05-2009, 09:34 AM
"Cheep" air flight? This time of year they are shipping the new hatchlings all over the US, maybe you can hitch a ride with them! :)

Seriously, if you can book/plan in advance and use Expedia or Travelocity you'll find some outstanding deals!

Actually the best deals I have seen lately have been on short notice as they try to fill flights. I started looking at flights for next March to go out west to ski and they are outrageous. They wanted $400+ to fly to Denver but I can book a flight for Memorial day weekend to Denver for $239.

Holly
05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Mile high club

Funny you should mention that, I was thinking about the "mile high club" on my flight to Vegas two weeks ago. How in the hell would you have sex in an airplane bathroom? I mean seriously, I can barely fit in there by myself, I couldn't imagine another person in there with me. I rarely stand up while the plane is in the air anyway, I'm usually all doped up on valiums just to get through the flight. :lol:

Is anyone on here a member of the mile high club? LMAO.....

FireStang02
05-05-2009, 10:04 AM
If you dont mind driving to Indianapolis, you will probably save a bunch. We went to Vegas last year and it was 375 total for 2 people. The same flight out of CVG was over 800 total. Southwest has big hubs in Indy and Phoenix, so the vegas flights are usually pretty cheap.

FireStang02
05-05-2009, 10:10 AM
I just looked and I am shocked. If you fly tues or weds, it is the cheapest. Using June 9th to the 16th is 260 round trip out of Indy. Out of cincy the same dates US Air is 200 and delta is 260.

holeshot
05-05-2009, 01:59 PM
When are you going man?? I am going with some buddies on June 3rd-6th and the round trip flight w/4 days 3 nights at the Imperial Palace was $333! You cant beat that shit!!!

sean
05-05-2009, 02:03 PM
I think it june 21 to 28. I am going as a last min thing with mt sister and brother in law. staying with them at the loxor. All i need is air fare and food money.

Holly
05-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Another good site is bestfares.com. It tells you the different prices out of the surrounding airports.

jpierce55
05-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Typically Priceline is the cheapest, but lately I have noticed Expedia.com have the cheapest flights. I also second the short notice thing, in the past it was the opposite for me, but now it seems 3 days out gets you the cheapest flight.

Greg Seibert
05-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Funny you should mention that, I was thinking about the "mile high club" on my flight to Vegas two weeks ago. How in the hell would you have sex in an airplane bathroom? I mean seriously, I can barely fit in there by myself, I couldn't imagine another person in there with me. I rarely stand up while the plane is in the air anyway, I'm usually all doped up on valiums just to get through the flight. :lol:

Is anyone on here a member of the mile high club? LMAO.....

It was 1994 I believe, Cincy to Phoenix.:o
Flight attendants kept flashing the lights off and on.:(

sean
05-05-2009, 10:36 PM
thank you all, Holly I think you won with bestfairs.com with the low low price of 143.11 round trip + tax and fees. Thank you all. I think I will go with that.

sean
05-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Ohh yea and I will be flying along so I dont think the mile high thing will be an option... I mean i guess I could "handle it myself," ..... but I dont think that will count. ha ha ewwwwwwww just kidding.