Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cable or dish? What do you think? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cable or dish? What do you think?

evildriver
05-04-2009, 04:09 PM
I need cable or get a dish setup and internet. I know I can get Direct TV or Time Warner. I like Directs tv listing and price, but I am pretty sure the Road Rinner internet will be better than the Zoom Town. What do guys use or haved used? Pros and cons of both? I used to think that a dish would get bad reception, but guys at work so only when there is a lightening storm or snow and ice built up on it. Tell me what you think. Thanks

sean
05-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I had dish and time warner. I got rid of the dish last month and now have gone back to time warner. Road runner kicks butt and being back with cable is great. Time has a lot more channels on the lower price range. My dish was going out everytime the damn wind blew.

Holly
05-04-2009, 04:27 PM
I love Direct TV, and it's cheap - $45 a month (basic, no movie channels, DVR in the living room and my bedroom).

I have had Zoomtown for 9 years, and it's super FAST. $64 a month for that and my home phone.

evildriver
05-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey Sean how much do you pay for TW with internet? Which Road Runner are you using?
And Holly, so do you pay $109 for dish,internet, and phone?

8banger
05-04-2009, 04:39 PM
I kinda wanted to try the Dish but hate to sign the contract.Cable is abit more@ 65.00 month but I have 5 tv's with cable.I also get several HD channels on the HDTV downstairs.I do however have days when the HD signals are weak and and some days do not come in at all.I have zoom town myself and like it. I average at least 500 plus KB a sec download,Which is lots faster than cable internet at work(170 to 300 at most(insight :rolleyes:).

93cobra
05-04-2009, 04:56 PM
time warner are a bunch of assholes (had a few issues that they were not too helpful with) but they have much better HD quality than dish network or direct...im forced to have dish service at my new house and the HD is a joke vs time warner's...

Pyro50
05-04-2009, 04:58 PM
We have had both. Like Sean said, everytime there is a lot of wind, or a storm, the satellite goes out. We never have that problem with TWC. BUT, TWC customer service hasn't been the greatest..

billy69mach
05-04-2009, 06:10 PM
stay away from time warner they are a rip off they give you a good deal at first and after the deal runs out look out. i went to direct tv and zoom town just as quick as road runner.

BigBadStang
05-04-2009, 06:47 PM
HERE (http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35881&highlight=dish) is some more information.

MORE (http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34915&highlight=cable)...

AND MORE (http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33307&highlight=cable)...:lol:

adragon72
05-04-2009, 06:52 PM
i have diretv and zoomtown and i like them much better than cable.

NUTTSGT
05-04-2009, 07:45 PM
We have the package with Tw, cable/phone/RR. It's been ok, we have 5 TVs including one in the garage, I'm not sure how many tvs you can have with Dish.

04 Venom
05-04-2009, 07:54 PM
I have had both and currently have Time Warner. So far, the customer service is a little better than the problems I experienced with DirecTV. For the same level of programming, it is about $10 cheaper per month. As always, YMMV.

sean
05-04-2009, 08:37 PM
hey. I dont have the phone line. We ues cells and I dont see the use for a home phone. I pay 100 for road runner high speed, 2 dvr's and 4 tv's all together. Cust service has been great but I know if your someone who doesnt talk to them when problems come up they can be hard to deal with when its to late. You do get a good deal when you sign up and when your deal is over tell them you want another deal or you are going to go to a dish service. If you are going to go with one of their lower price packages the channel selection is waaayyyy better than dish.

Wolvrin704
05-05-2009, 11:12 AM
stay away from time warner they are a rip off they give you a good deal at first and after the deal runs out look out. i went to direct tv and zoom town just as quick as road runner.

Yep, I 2nd that opinion. I had TW for about 15 years and at one point with RR, phone package and digital cable (no premium channels) our bill got up to almost $200 a month. The only way they would cut our bill was to cut services so last year I switched to DirecTv and Zoomtown and am totally satisfied. In a years time we have yet to lose our satellite signal and as you guys know we've had some mighty strong winds in the past year.

billy69mach
05-05-2009, 11:23 AM
AFTER I HAD TIME WARNER CUT OFF ABOUT TO MONTHS AGO THEY WILL STILL SEND YOU A BILL FOR MONTHS YOU DIDNT EVEN HAVE THEIR SERVIS IM MY BOOK THEY ARE THIEFES:flipoff:TIME WARNER

Pitbull1052
05-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I work for Cincy Bell and shhhhhhhh we are deploying our own cable tv should be with in the next quarter so you'll be able to bundle and make it a little cheaper..... that most of the cable deals out there.......

Pitbull1052
05-05-2009, 12:18 PM
and we're also upgrading most of the copper to fiber so you'll see those speeds increase

Holly
05-05-2009, 01:09 PM
And Holly, so do you pay $109 for dish,internet, and phone?

Yes... Direct TV and Zoomtown

Goldenpony
05-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I've had Directv, Dish Network and Time Warner cable. I am most satisfied with Cable.

2007ShelbyCobra
05-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Think about this, have you driver an 05+ mustang? An 99-04 mustang? Which do you like better, the cable or "Satellite"? Cable FTW

evildriver
05-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Well I ordered Time Warner. I didn't really want to, but we needed something, and we can't get the Zoomtown internet were I live. I feel like I am getting bent over though. Oh well, I'll let everyone know I like it.

02mingryGT
05-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Buddy of mine had TWC and has switched to Direct TV. He said TW's HD Channels are much better.