Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Luving the '04 cobra!!!!!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Luving the '04 cobra!!!!!!!

quik lx
04-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Someone let me borrow thier '04 cobra for the weekend (I'll let them share if they want) and.......

OMG this car is bad ass!!!

I have got to get me one of these, 40MPH to jail in just one gear!!!!! And I havent even set off the shift light !!!!!500 HP on the street is awesome!!!!!

To bad it's gonna rain the rest of the week:mad:, guess I gotta give it back:o

I know they are enjoying my blinged out KIA.:D

Walter
04-27-2009, 07:42 AM
500-600hp on the street is perfect.

ffmueller81
04-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Hell yeah.... sounds like you had a good day yesterday... So, since it replaced the KIA, I assume you went to the grocery to pick up bread and milk then??? hahahaha

cobra_SVT_Girl
05-11-2009, 06:54 PM
:D I'm glad you liked it but.......you don't pay a hooker just to "talk"......you should've wore her out! LOL

satan jamez
05-11-2009, 07:29 PM
:D I'm glad you liked it but.......you don't pay a hooker just to "talk"......you should've wore her out! LOL

:lol::lol::lol:

beefcake
05-11-2009, 09:34 PM

i love when a girl talks dirty

glassman
05-12-2009, 01:37 AM
i love when a girl talks dirty

Ain't that the truth....

quik lx
05-12-2009, 05:25 AM

You can kill and burry the whore when you have millions in the bank and get away with it. If your poor you just rub lightly and move on:D

IWRBB
05-12-2009, 10:03 AM
I love my 03 Cobra, and have no desire to ever sell it. F'n torque monster at any RPM, pulls hard all the way to redline and idles like a stock GT. T56 stock. Relatively lightweight compared to anything sold today and it's not all huge like the 05+ Mustangs. It's got the only 99-04 front end that looks good IMO, all the rest are arched up in the middle front, I just hate that look so much. The Mach tried to hide it with the lip, but no, I still see it there. Got the IRS too, which I like having- can't remember the last time I had any wheelhop, it handles great, and nothing has ever broken despite my frequent abuse. One of Ford's best cars ever, despite the overcomplicated, huge, heavy ass, small bore engine.

04 Venom
05-12-2009, 10:38 AM
I love my 03 Cobra, and have no desire to ever sell it. F'n torque monster at any RPM, pulls hard all the way to redline and idles like a stock GT. T56 stock. Relatively lightweight compared to anything sold today and it's not all huge like the 05+ Mustangs. It's got the only 99-04 front end that looks good IMO, all the rest are arched up in the middle front, I just hate that look so much. The Mach tried to hide it with the lip, but no, I still see it there. Got the IRS too, which I like having- can't remember the last time I had any wheelhop, it handles great, and nothing has ever broken despite my frequent abuse. One of Ford's best cars ever, despite the overcomplicated, huge, heavy ass, small bore engine.

I agree. By today's standards, the Terminator is a lightweight compared to the GT-500/Shelbys and it has the IRS. Imagine what a GT-500 would weigh with an IRS--about 4100 lbs.!!

Maximus
05-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Her car is why I decided to put that Termy engine/trans in my Coupe. :bigthumb

Although we should make the same HP, mine will be just a "tad" lighter.:cool1:

PKFIRE
05-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Simple modifications got me into the 11's which is plenty fast for a street car and it's relatively quiet. The A/C works awesome and I got 23.5mpg on a trip to Kansas with the car weighed down. The only time I ever want the car to go faster is at the track since street driving becomes a self controlling experience. Every other car I've owned I could completely get on it and mess around. This car demands a bit of respect even though it's so easy control while driving fast.

2003 Cobra
11.9@118.3
2.8 pully, Magnaflow Catback, and FIPK + MD Tuned.

cobra_SVT_Girl
05-14-2009, 11:41 AM
You can kill and burry the whore when you have millions in the bank and get away with it. If your poor you just rub lightly and move on:D

If someone gives you a hooker for the day, you pound dat @ lol.

Got the IRS too, which I like having
IRS is ghey...not a fan, rather have a straight axle

Although we should make the same HP, mine will be just a "tad" lighter.:cool1:

Not with your big mugg in there :lol:

2003 Cobra
11.9@118.3
2.8 pully, Magnaflow Catback, and FIPK + MD Tuned.

11.75 with too many mods to count....thanks to Cincy Speed

Foxxx5oh
05-14-2009, 11:48 AM

just imagine what it would do with a good driver ;) :lol:

cobra_SVT_Girl
05-14-2009, 12:41 PM
:flipoff: lol I'm workin' on it!

Hangingcogs
05-14-2009, 12:56 PM
just imagine what it would do with a good driver ;) :lol:

:flipoff: She has been given advice, she just needs more practice! Don't make the WW call you out! Or bettr yet, me go get the turbo car...:boxing:

cobra_SVT_Girl
05-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah...wasssup now??? LOL :cool2:

cobrajoe
05-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Watch out for stray bullit's :lol:

IWRBB
05-14-2009, 11:16 PM
IRS is ghey...not a fan, rather have a straight axle

Tell that to the guy that *tried* to hang with my Cobra on the I75N to 275W sweeper. He was all right there with me with his GT until we hit the concrete deck as we went over I75, he was fine going onto it, but the drop off the end.. pathetic. The Cobra just went thump thump and keep cruising at 85. The GT dropped off the end of the bridge deck, and the rear end kicked sideways so far I could see his right rear rim in my rear view. I saw his wife turn and scream, then he slowed WAY the hell down and I never saw him again. Not being able to go around a corner unless it's perfectly smooth, my pumpkin driving friend, is gay.

boostanggt
05-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Tell that to the guy that *tried* to hang with my Cobra on the I75N to 275W sweeper. He was all right there with me with his GT until we hit the concrete deck as we went over I75, he was fine going onto it, but the drop off the end.. pathetic. The Cobra just went thump thump and keep cruising at 85. The GT dropped off the end of the bridge deck, and the rear end kicked sideways so far I could see his right rear rim in my rear view. I saw his wife turn and scream, then he slowed WAY the hell down and I never saw him again. Not being able to go around a corner unless it's perfectly smooth, my pumpkin driving friend, is gay.

I would much rather not have to worry about breaking axle's at the track than street racing someone on an entrance ramp.

IWRBB
05-15-2009, 06:24 AM
I would much rather not have to worry about breaking axle's at the track than street racing someone on an entrance ramp.

I wasn't racing anyone LOL. I was driving my normal speed, nice day, windows down. He decided he wanted to be 20 feet behind me from the Sharon Rd on ramp to where we were. Fine whatever. I just happened to look in the mirror as he came off the overpass deck and saw that.

No offense but have you ever even drag raced an 03 Cobra? I have about 75 passes on mine, most at well over 500 HP at the wheels. There are guys out here with 100s of passes, on slicks, leaving at 6K, yanking the front wheels, on stock axles. Sooo yea, not worried about my axles at all. Plenty of stock 8.8's let go at 500+ HP so you aren't safe there either.

PKFIRE
05-15-2009, 07:39 AM

You at least got at least 50whp on me. Give me a reason to upgrade,lol. Your car has more in her. I probably have more left in my set up since like you I'm still trying to get my shift points and launch down right.

I have a buddy w/cam/header/exhaust+port work 01 trans-am who I need to drag race this year and if he wins I want to know my options. Make me proud and cut a mid 11@120+ this year.

I've owed mustangs with Straight axles and IRS. The IRS does feel more planted with imperfections in the road. The IRS wasn't a purchasing point of the car but serves a good purpose. I was skeptical about how well it would hold up. I have two axles waiting in case I break one. Surprisingly the axles are holding up just fine. Too bad it weighs the car down a bit more vs a straight axle.

Maximus
05-15-2009, 09:44 AM
You at least got at least 50whp on me. Give me a reason to upgrade,lol. Your car has more in her. I probably have more left in my set up since like you I'm still trying to get my shift points and launch down right.

You have 530RWHP with a whipple, she has 499RWHP with a ported Eaton. :)

PKFIRE
05-15-2009, 10:27 AM
I wish I had a Whipple. I just have the stock Eaton 112 which is pushing 442whp.

Maximus
05-15-2009, 10:40 AM
I wish I had a Whipple. I just have the stock Eaton 112 which is pushing 442whp.

DOH! I got ya mixed up with IWRBB!!:lol:

beefcake
05-15-2009, 10:52 AM
You have 530RWHP with a whipple, she has 499RWHP with a ported Eaton. :)

i had 535 / 530 on my 04 with a ported eaton, and cams :)

PKFIRE
05-15-2009, 10:56 AM

What haven't you owned,lol? How did it run btw?

PKFIRE
05-15-2009, 10:59 AM
DOH! I got ya mixed up with IWRBB!!:lol:

Hehe, what does the coupe weigh? My car with me in it was 3900lbs the last time I checked. I've lost 30 lbs since then though,lol.

Maximus
05-15-2009, 11:23 AM

Thats probbaly my next mod. Hell I dont even have mine running or together and Im already taking it apart!!:lol: After all the researching Ive been doing, the Eaton is the weak link, unless I wanna put turbos in front of it. Most Eaton guys get around 530. They said that someone got 560, but they believe it was on a "friendly" dyno.:rolleyes:
If I can get around 500-530 Ill be extremely happy...until I get my ass handed to me by some Ding Dong in a Vette. :flipoff::lol:

Hehe, what does the coupe weigh? My car with me in it was 3900lbs the last time I checked. I've lost 30 lbs since then though,lol.

Hopefully, around 3000 with my ass in it. I need to quit adding all this sound deadening, stereo shit thou.:(

beefcake
05-15-2009, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=Maximus;475502]Thats probbaly my next mod. Hell I dont even have mine running or together and Im already taking it apart!!:lol: After all the researching Ive been doing, the Eaton is the weak link, unless I wanna put turbos in front of it. Most Eaton guys get around 530. They said that someone got 560, but they believe it was on a "friendly" dyno.:rolleyes:
If I can get around 500-530 Ill be extremely happy...until I get my ass handed to me by some Ding Dong in a Vette. :flipoff::lol:

you don't want none til your kb's pushing 600rwhp

i'm hoping my new tune has my new dr's dialed in, going to tristate sunday weather permitting and trying for some 10.5's to 10.4's

IWRBB
05-15-2009, 11:45 AM

Well hell, let me go put a new clutch in it see if I can get bigger numbers to swing around here :rolleyes: That 530 number was just the what it turned out that day, was looking for a tune, not a number. Didn't even bother to put HP numbers in my sig. Dyno numbers don't mean jack. The 1/4 mi time and MPH tells all.

For the record, the clutch slipped from 4K on- which it doesn't on the street, it was 98 degrees and 90% humidity in the shop, and I didn't try any cool down or IC icing BS to pump up the numbers.

What'd that big number Eaton car run at the track anyways? My best is 11.40s on 17" drag radials. Best trap speed is 124.3 MPH so far.

beefcake
05-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Well hell, let me go put a new clutch in it see if I can get bigger numbers to swing around here :rolleyes: That 530 number was just the what it turned out that day, was looking for a tune, not a number. Didn't even bother to put HP numbers in my sig. Dyno numbers don't mean jack. The 1/4 mi time and MPH tells all.

For the record, the clutch slipped from 4K on- which it doesn't on the street, it was 98 degrees and 90% humidity in the shop, and I didn't try any cool down or IC icing BS to pump up the numbers.

What'd that big number Eaton car run at the track anyways? My best is 11.40s on 17" drag radials. Best trap speed is 124.3 MPH so far.

ran 11.9's on dr's before the cams, never ran it after

Maximus
05-15-2009, 12:24 PM

Why you getting all defensive? Ive seen your Stang in person, very nice and you have nothing to prove to anyone.:)

beefcake
05-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Why you getting all defensive? Ive seen your Stang in person, very nice and you have nothing to prove to anyone.:)

lol, thats what i was thinkin

the difference is the eaton will get heat soaked much faster than a whipple or kb car

PKFIRE
05-15-2009, 12:54 PM
I've compared time slips with WRBB vs my car on the same track day. WRBB's car was pulling a lot harder which is understandable. I'll make due with my Heaton. For street duty it's fine and 1/4 mile blast my times have stayed very consistant minus driver error. I'd trade it any day for a whipple unit like WRBB has. 11.40's and trapping 124 is nothing to sneeze at. Especially in a dd able car.

04 Venom
05-15-2009, 01:00 PM
My best is 11.40s on 17" drag radials. Best trap speed is 124.3 MPH so far.

Nice numbers. :bigthumb

Maximus
05-15-2009, 01:46 PM
I've compared time slips with WRBB vs my car on the same track day. WRBB's car was pulling a lot harder which is understandable. I'll make due with my Heaton. For street duty it's fine and 1/4 mile blast my times have stayed very consistant minus driver error. I'd trade it any day for a whipple unit like WRBB has. 11.40's and trapping 124 is nothing to sneeze at. Especially in a dd able car.

440+ RWHP is Way cool for a street car!! And as seeing my ole Nove went 10.19@127, his 124 is showing more HP than the Dyno says. :bigthumb

I might just save my money and go with cams instead of the Blower P&P. There is nothing cooler than a lil ole Stang thumping the pavement.:smokin:

PKFIRE
05-15-2009, 02:00 PM
440+ RWHP is Way cool for a street car!! And as seeing my ole Nove went 10.19@127, his 124 is showing more HP than the Dyno says. :bigthumb

I might just save my money and go with cams instead of the Blower P&P. There is nothing cooler than a lil ole Stang thumping the pavement.:smokin:

I just heard my buddies cammed T/A a few weeks ago. It sounds awesome and my car sounds like a Buick next to his. My brother had a 68 plymouth with an aftermarket camshaft in it that I was more than happy just to sit and listen to it idle.

The bad thing is these 4.6 dohc cars have 4 camshafts and you know better than I how much more you have to pay for them. You're pretty limited to the blower output so camshafts probably wouldn't give you any gains on a pullied Eaton blown 4.6 motor but then you'd have the sound to go with the power.

Do you know where the Eaton Castings are made? You're shop is less than a mile away from the place.

04 Venom
05-15-2009, 02:21 PM
The bad thing is these 4.6 dohc cars have 4 camshafts and you know better than I how much more you have to pay for them.

Yeah, spending money on cams for the 4.6 DOHC is expensive and provides very modest gains.

Maximus
05-15-2009, 02:31 PM
I just heard my buddies cammed T/A a few weeks ago. It sounds awesome and my car sounds like a Buick next to his. My brother had a 68 plymouth with an aftermarket camshaft in it that I was more than happy just to sit and listen to it idle.

The bad thing is these 4.6 dohc cars have 4 camshafts and you know better than I how much more you have to pay for them. You're pretty limited to the blower output so camshafts probably wouldn't give you any gains on a pullied Eaton blown 4.6 motor but then you'd have the sound to go with the power.

Do you know where the Eaton Castings are made? You're shop is less than a mile away from the place.

Down there at Reliable Castings? I didnt know that. They were casting Dart heads back in the day.

Yeah, spending money on cams for the 4.6 DOHC is expensive and provides very modest gains.

I get a pretty good deal on Comp stuff an a pretty good deal on the labor. Besides, if it sounds better than most Cobras out there, Ill be happy.:)

IWRBB
05-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Just was looking like everyone was saying what great numbers their ported Eatons layed down compared to a relatively mild Whipple setup. I'm just saying, my dyno time wasn't done just to get numbers. I also knew I raced Beefcake's car and pulled on it easily, but I have no idea what it had done to it at the time. Just wondering what times the 530 HP Eatons are turning. No big deal, still love all the 03/04 Cobras, hell I want a second one!!

PKFIRE
05-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Down there at Reliable Castings? I didnt know that. They were casting Dart heads back in the day.

Actually the place is called Epcor Foundries. They produced the Castings for M112, M90, and Eatons made for GM vehicles. I think one supercharger they had on the shelf was one for a new Caddy. I had to go review some of their work and when I went to the help desk they had a couple of superchargers just sitting on a bookshelf. Kind of made my day. I had no idea what else they did other what my company has them make.

PKFIRE
05-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Just was looking like everyone was saying what great numbers their ported Eatons layed down compared to a relatively mild Whipple setup. I'm just saying, my dyno time wasn't done just to get numbers. I also knew I raced Beefcake's car and pulled on it easily, but I have no idea what it had done to it at the time. Just wondering what times the 530 HP Eatons are turning. No big deal, still love all the 03/04 Cobras, hell I want a second one!!

See this what I'm curious about to. Sometimes you read peoples post in different states getting extremely low numbers with minimal mods or low hp amounts. I'd like to see what people tend to get here at Edgewater or Tri-State. I could grab you a few times if you want off another site but it hard for me to say that you can compare our times to theirs.

PKFIRE
05-15-2009, 04:00 PM
MID-ATLANTIC COBRA ASSOCIATION EATON TRACK PERFORMANCES

NITROUS EATONS
Sprayed Daily.......10.30 @ 133.63...1.38......04.....Ported Eaton 2.80/6lb.......Solid....4.10 (Nit,WT-3,350)
F8LBITE..............10.86 @ 126.20...1.71......03.....Eaton 2.80/6lb..................IRS.....3.55 (Nit)

PORTED/PULLIED EATONS
TRBO VNM...........10.80 @ 128.68.....1.57....04........Ported Eaton 2.76 upper.....SRA........3.31 (WT-3,550)
IronTerp..............10.88 @ 126.76....1.62.....03........Ported Eaton 2.90/6lb........IRS.........3.55 (WT-3,630)
TRBO VNM...........11.06 @ 125.40.....1.63.....04.......Ported Eaton 2.76 upper.....SRA........3.31 (WT-3,630)
Sprayed Daily.......11.15 @ 126.xx....1.48.....04........Ported Eaton 2.8/6lb..........SRA........4.10 (WT-3,350)
WUTWINE............11.36 @ 108.50....1.60......04.......Ported Eaton 2.93/6lb........IRS........3.55
Antex..................11.42 @ 124.69...1.72......03........Ported Eaton 2.93/4lb........IRS........3.73
Wheelhopper........11.44 @ 123.73....1.67.....03........Ported Eaton 2.80/2lb.........IRS........3.55
WUTWINE............11.44 @ 121.95....1.65.....04........Ported Eaton 2.76 upper.....IRS.........3.55
cobrachs.............11.45 @ 121.xx....1.xx......03........Ported Eaton 2.93/4lb.........IRS........3.55
Sprayed Daily.......11.59 @ 119.55....1.64.....04........Ported Eaton 2.75 upper.....Solid.......4.10
Wheelhopper........11.60 @ 123.54....1.78.....03........Ported Eaton 2.80 upper.....IRS.........3.55
p3pete................11.61 @ 119.61....1.68.....03V......Ported Eaton 2.76 upper.....IRS.........3.55
HURTNEM.............11.62 @ 115.72....1.90.....04........Ported Eaton 2.90/4lb.........IRS........3.55
Booricua..............11.66 @ 126.23....1.81.....04V......Ported Eaton 2.80/4lb.........IRS........3.55
01satinsilver.........11.72 @ 124.20....1.97.....03........Ported Eaton 2.93 upper......IRS........3.73
03CobraDom.........11.84 @ 122.76....2.00......03.......Ported Eaton 2.80 upper.....IRS.........3.55
snakeyz 03...........12.01 @ 125.xx....1.80.....03........Ported Eaton 2.93/4lb.........IRS........3.90
GetBlown2k3.........12.1x @ 122.xx....2.09.....03........Ported Eaton 2.76/2lb.........IRS........3.55

PULLIED EATONS
Almo...................10.69 @ 128.59......1.54.....03......Eaton 2.93/6 lb................Solid.....3.73 (WT-3,325)
Almo...................10.84 @ 129.38......1.69.....03......Eaton 2.76 upper........... ..Solid.....3.73 (WT-3325)
04Yellowcobra......10.92 @ 126.23......1.52.....04......Eaton 2.80 upper..............Solid.....3.55 (WT-3,410)
F8LBITE...............10.97 @ 122.56......1.55.....03......Eaton 2.80/6lb.................IRS.......3.55
C MY 4D..............11.14 @ 124.36......1.65.....03......Eaton 2.80 upper..............SRA.......3.55 (WT-3,405)
Venimus03...........11.20 @ 121.16......1.58.....04.......Eaton 2.76 upper..............IRS.......3.55
F8LBITE..............11.30 @ 124.55......1.60.....03.......Eaton 2.80 upper..............IRS.......3.55
G03SVT...............11.55 @ 120.45......1.65....03.......Eaton 2.81 upper...............IRS.......3.55
Antex..................11.59 @ 121.06......1.67....03.......Eaton 3.10/8lb..................IRS.......3.90
mystangs.............11.60 @ 121.xx.......1.xx....03.......Eaton 2.80/4lb..................IRS.......3.55
JonJ....................11.63 @ 119.xx.......1.72....04.......Eaton 2.75 upper..............IRS.......3.55
RedfireVenom.......11.70 @ 118.46......1.67.....03V......Eaton 2.76 upper..............IRS.......3.55
Antex..................11.71 @ 120.93......1.75.....03.......Eaton 3.10/4lb.................IRS.......3.73
Blak92.................11.73 @ 120.xx......1.71.....03.......Eaton 2.80 upper..............IRS........3.55
mpchad................11.73 @ 120.xx......1.80....03.......Eaton 2.70 upper..............Solid......3.73
remsvt18..............11.77 @ 119.30......1.81....04V.....Eaton 2.93 upper..............IRS........3.55
Booricua...............11.77 @ 119.52......1.78....04V.....Eaton 2.80 upper..............IRS........3.55
ELECTPRR.............11.78 @ 119.00......1.74....03V.....Eaton 2.93/4lb..................IRS.......3.55
Johnny Vig............11.80 @ 118.xx......1.71.....03......Eaton 2.76 upper..............IRS........3.55
CobraCleric...........11.82 @ 115.40.......1.75.....03......Eaton 2.80 upper.............IRS........3.55
GrayGhost_SVT......11.88 @ 116.xx......1.68.....03......Eaton 2.80 upper..............IRS.......3.55
Ta2d1..................11.89 @ 117.xx.......1.72....04......Eaton 2.93 upper..............IRS........3.55 ST
z28th1s................11.92 @ 117.96....1.73.....04V......Eaton 2.80 upper..............IRS.......3.55
fastredcobra.........11.94 @ 115.67......1.78.....04......Eaton 2.80/4lb.................IRS........3.55
N2DAMYSTIC.........11.95 @ 117.97......1.88.....04V....Eaton 2.93 upper..............IRS........3.55
Spade .................12.07 @ 114.xx.......1.77.....03......Eaton 2.93 upper.............IRS........3.55
I-CAN-STANG........12.08 @ 116.xx.......1.96.....03......Eaton 2.76 upper.............IRS........3.55 ST
TGS2...................12.08 @ 118.40.......1.91.....03V....Eaton 2.93 upper.............IRS........3.55
dragon40k............12.10 @ 117.51.......1.92.....03......Eaton 2.76 upper.............IRS........3.55
xxxboost..............12.12 @ 119.11.......1.87.....03......Eaton 2.93/4lb................IRS........3.55 ST
undrpresr.............12.18 @ 120.39.......1.92.....03V....Eaton 2.93 upper.............IRS........3.55 ST
Cobraman69.........12.19 @ 114.xx........1.69.....03......Eaton 2.76 upper.............IRS........3.55
IronTerp..............12.23 @ 120.70.......1.96......03.....Eaton 2.90 upper.............IRS........3.55
Rick James...........12.40 @ 115.18.......2.0.......03......Eaton 2.93 upper.............IRS........3.55 ST
1fastredcobra.......12.41 @ 113.76.......1.96.....04......Eaton 2.93 upper.............IRS........3.55
BUNKY.................12.52 @ 116.27.......2.13.....04V....Eaton 2.93/4lb................IRS.........3.55 ST
NoSuckLuck.........12.61 @ 114.62........2.10.....03V....Eaton 2.76 Pulley............IRS.........3.55 ST
FISHTAIL.............12.67 @ 121.66.......2.30.....03V.....Eaton 2.93 pulley............IRS.........3.55 ST
Evan5469............12.76 @ 116.85........2.??.....04.......Eaton 2.80 upper............IRS.........3.55 ST

UN-PULLIED EATONS
Almo.....................11.01 @ 126.61.......1.67......03......Eaton Stock Pulley.........solid........3.73 (SL-3260)
Venimus03.............11.96 @ 116.96........1.74.....04.....Eaton Stock Pulley..........IRS.........3.55
Venimus03.............12.11 @ 115.00........1.78.....03.....Eaton Stock Pulley..........IRS.........3.55
dragon40k.............12.44 @ 113.73..........1.88.....03......Eaton Stock pulley..........IRS.........3.55
03cobra 87GN........12.50 @ 115.xx..........2.0......03......Eaton Stock pulley...........IRS........3.55
Boostin03..............12.54 @ 114.xx.........2.0.......03......Eaton Stock Pulley...........IRS........3.55
04Torchvert...........12.64 @ 111.xx........1.90......04V....Eaton Stock pulley...........IRS........3.55
Blacksunshine.........12.64 @ 112.93........2.01......04.....Eaton Stock Pulley...........IRS........3.55 ST
remsvt18...............12.71 @ 109.73........1.77......04V....Eaton Stock pulley...........IRS........3.55
Blak92...................12.75 @ 112.70 .......2.00......03......Eaton stock pulley...........IRS........3.55 ST
Cobraman69...........12.87 @ 108.59........1.94......03......Eaton stock pulley...........IRS........3.55 ST
BlckSnake..............12.89 @ 111.10........2.19......04......Eaton stock pulley...........IRS........3.55
Ta2d1...................12.95 @ 111.17........2.01......04......Eaton stock pulley...........IRS........3.55 ST
BUNKY...................12.97 @ 107.93........2.01.....04V.....Eaton stock pulley...........IRS........3.55 ST
Blk03SVTCobra........12.98 @ 110.49........2.09.....03.......Eaton stock pulley...........IRS........3.55 ST
FISHTAIL................13.16 @ 110.25........2.39.....03V.....Eaton stock pulley...........IRS........3.55 ST

Foxxx5oh
05-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Yeah...wasssup now??? LOL :cool2:

daaamn looks like jokes get taken too seriously sometimes LOL

hmmm...well if i had a budget like you guys did or a car with hellacious horsepower i would have a better comeback, but for now, mine hasnt been to the track yet :( working full time and going to school as well sucks alot of time up :( im hopin to hit a high 12 NA before the season is out tho

Black03SVT
05-15-2009, 08:14 PM

I have stage 3 cams and would say they are good for maybe 25-30hp

IWRBB
05-20-2009, 02:35 PM
See this what I'm curious about to. Sometimes you read peoples post in different states getting extremely low numbers with minimal mods or low hp amounts. I'd like to see what people tend to get here at Edgewater or Tri-State. I could grab you a few times if you want off another site but it hard for me to say that you can compare our times to theirs.

It's all apples and oranges.

Those times were likely done at Atco or Englishtown, which I think we all know is not quite Tristate on test and tune day- both in elevation and track prep.

Do you powershift? I don't, so there's a couple tenths.

I also run 17" drag radials and stock wheels, not 17" bias ply, or 17" slicks, or 15" slicks on Bogarts... I drive it to and from the track, and everywhere else on the same tires.

I also know some of those cars on that list have manual brakes, manual steeering, no A/C, airbags yanked, no stereo, etc. Mine is still basically as delivered from Ford, but with more power and stickier tires.

Some of those guys can just flat out drive too.

PKFIRE
05-20-2009, 03:19 PM
It's all apples and oranges.

Those times were likely done at Atco or Englishtown, which I think we all know is not quite Tristate on test and tune day- both in elevation and track prep.

Do you powershift? I don't, so there's a couple tenths.

I also run 17" drag radials and stock wheels, not 17" bias ply, or 17" slicks, or 15" slicks on Bogarts... I drive it to and from the track, and everywhere else on the same tires.

I also know some of those cars on that list have manual brakes, manual steeering, no A/C, airbags yanked, no stereo, etc. Mine is still basically as delivered from Ford, but with more power and stickier tires.

Some of those guys can just flat out drive too.

I don't powershift, it's too hard on the transmission. I'm at full weight. Last time I was at Edgewater the car was 3900lbs with me in it. I'm sure if I unloaded the trunk, the back seat, passanger seat, and what ever else I could reduce the time down a bit. I was running slicks the day we ran but my trap speed did not change at all compared with the stock goodyears. I was cutting 1.7-1.8 60' times which was way better than 2.2 on the street tires. The Hoosiers seemed as thought they could take anything I threw at them. I probably need more track time with these slicks because I only used them during one track day.

BTW- Were you up at Quaker Steak and Lube Sunday on Colerain?

quik lx
05-20-2009, 08:12 PM
All you '03 '04 cobra guys and gals are gonna be pissed when a 2 valve coupe puts it ya with an 8.5 inch slick....can you say 10.60's:lol::lol::lol:

Maximus
05-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Ownt.:lol:

plated
05-20-2009, 08:42 PM
All you '03 '04 cobra guys and gals are gonna be pissed when a 2 valve coupe puts it ya with an 8.5 inch slick....can you say 10.60's:lol::lol::lol:

get'm joe:cool2:

IWRBB
05-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Eh, just another Fox with big HP. You and 8 million other guys in this country.

5.0calypso93lx
05-21-2009, 09:59 AM

8 million other guys with foxes with roots blown 2v mod motors? LOL. I'm willing to bet there are way more of your car than Joe's :rolleyes:

Maximus
05-21-2009, 10:04 AM

So let me guess, if it has AC, PS and drives it everywhere it gets more points with ya?:rolleyes:

facemelter71
05-21-2009, 10:18 AM
BUILT NOT BOUGHT.All i got to say.

Maximus
05-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Shit, I bet Joe wishes he could have "Bought" his project. I know I do sometimes.:lol:

Kwik92GT
05-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Shit, I bet Joe wishes he could have "Bought" his project. I know I do sometimes.:lol:

Can I get an AMEN? :lol:

PKFIRE
05-21-2009, 11:00 AM
When did this Mustang on Mustang Crime start happening?

Kudo's to anyone who builds a car. There's nothing to take away at that. I just know how frustrating a project car can become. It's reason I purchased the Cobra. If it wasn't for the Cobra I would probably have a older mopar sitting in my garage without A/C.

Working on project cars take so much time and there is the unknowing of what is about to happen or a stumbling block on putting it together. It's nice to jump into a car take it to the track and go home. Someday I hope to build a small block to place in my Volvo but as for now I have a Dodge Spirit I need to put back together. I really don't want to say how much time and money I have wrapped into it.

Maximus
05-21-2009, 11:18 AM
When did this Mustang on Mustang Crime start happening?

Kudo's to anyone who builds a car. There's nothing to take away at that. I just know how frustrating a project car can become. It's reason I purchased the Cobra. If it wasn't for the Cobra I would probably have a older mopar sitting in my garage without A/C.

Working on project cars take so much time and there is the unknowing of what is about to happen or a stumbling block on putting it together. It's nice to jump into a car take it to the track and go home. Someday I hope to build a small block to place in my Volvo but as for now I have a Dodge Spirit I need to put back together. I really don't want to say how much time and money I have wrapped into it.

I was wondering the same. But it sounds like some think their slower ET is better because they have all the creature comforts. Its like they are justifying why its slower. Me personally, Ive had both and Im with you, KUDOs to everyone thats built their project from scratch OR Bought a new car and have done the bolt ons to make it their own. No need to bash or put down someone else (or make yourself look better) just because they are wanting to go as fast as they possibly can. If that means ripping out all the creature comfort stuff, then so be it.

An older Mopar with no AC?? Egads!! How did people manage without AC?!?!?:lol:

quik lx
05-21-2009, 11:50 AM

Medium HP (around 420), but light weight!!!!:D

quik lx
05-21-2009, 11:52 AM
8 million other guys with foxes with roots blown 2v mod motors? LOL. I'm willing to bet there are way more of your car than Joe's :rolleyes:

After a few people searching for a few months now...we cannot find another Roush supercharged 2V fox coupe in the country...1 of 1 bitchez!!!!:D:lol:

Funny how my thread got outta control there for a second.

Maximus
05-21-2009, 12:08 PM
You Shit starter!!:flipoff: :lol::lol:

quik lx
05-21-2009, 01:04 PM
me =:angel:

IWRBB
05-21-2009, 03:15 PM
You guys are funny. Well shit, I guess my car with every specific mod is one of a kind too!

Built not bought, that's a good one too! You machine that Roush blower yourself? Come on, I've owned the older cars, and wrenched on the dirty cruddy parts, bought low buck used go fast parts, BTDT. Don't even start that checkbook crap with me, it's my money, and I'll buy and mod a Cobra if I choose. Even with this car, I've done everything my self beside tune it.

When it's 100 degrees out and you are stuck in traffic, A/C does get points with me, I actually prefer my car too not smell like sweat, crazy I know. You can run without it, I couldn't care less, really- I don't care if anyone but me has A/C or not. Not my car.

It's not the power, or the A/C, or the 1/4 mile times, or the brakes, or the IRS- it's all of it put together and wrapped into one car that works for me in every situation. You all have cool cars too, I just don't want a Fox body with a s/c mod motor that runs 10s, or I'd own it.

quik lx
05-21-2009, 08:02 PM
You guys are funny. Well shit, I guess my car with every specific mod is one of a kind too!

I just don't want a Fox body with a s/c mod motor that runs 10s, or I'd own it.

I started this thread to praise the cobra...but since you keep pushing.....

Come on DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:..there are 150 grey '03/'04 cobra's with Whipples and black wheels just in cicny. Hell there one on the next block from me.

And I just don't wanna lay down 25K for a car that needs 10K worth of mods to be fast!!!!!!!

BTW thanks for the radiator!!!

Aweasel
05-21-2009, 09:59 PM
wonder if the base 4 banger fox guys are saying the same things about the 5.0 crowd....

I'd own a terminator in a heartbeat. Who wouldn't want a medium built 10 second ride with ac, ps, full stereo and back seats? I'd consider that person crazy.
If you have the means then what's the problem with getting something you like. Should we all hate on the vette, ford gt, and viper guys because they didn't buy fiestas or cavaliers and make em run 9s and handle over 1g on the skidpad? Yea, how dare they.

Maximus
05-21-2009, 11:47 PM
fiestas or cavaliers and make em run 9s and handle over 1g on the skidpad? Yea, how dare they.

So we are comparing a FOX body Mustang to these? :screwy:

Aweasel
05-22-2009, 09:21 PM
So we are comparing a FOX body Mustang to these? :screwy:

not at all, the logic behind bashing a terminator driver for not instead picking up a 5.0 and building it is really the point I'm driving home.

Black03SVT
05-22-2009, 09:38 PM
I started this thread to praise the cobra...but since you keep pushing.....

Come on DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:..there are 150 grey '03/'04 cobra's with Whipples and black wheels just in cicny. Hell there one on the next block from me.

And I just don't wanna lay down 25K for a car that needs 10K worth of mods to be fast!!!!!!!

BTW thanks for the radiator!!!

You you need to look a little closer.. There is only 851 total 03 grey coupes ever built. 25k??? You can get a whipple or KB cobra now for $21,000. I paid 27k for mine 2 years ago and went 10.7 133mph smoking the tires... Dont get me wrong your car is going to be cool as hell and as soon as my cobra is paid off I will be getting a coupe..:cool1:

04 Venom
05-22-2009, 10:07 PM
IMHO the Terminator is the best STOCK Mustang ever built and a terror when modded.

cobra_SVT_Girl
05-24-2009, 08:43 PM
IMHO the Terminator is the best STOCK Mustang ever built and a terror when modded.

WERD :cool1:

There are valid points to be made for both sides. Neither is better than the other, just different. We all want different things in our cars....some want the creature comforts, some like to get their hands dirty and be a part of every nut/bold/turn of the wrench that goes into the car.....and some people like both.

But, we all probably agree.... the 03/04 Cobras are hands down the nicest stock Mustang Ford ever produced. Especially those orange ones :D

Wolvrin704
05-24-2009, 10:38 PM

I couldn't agree more, it is the one Mustang that I want to own more than any other that I can actually afford someday.

cobrajoe
05-25-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm hearing a rumor of a certain fox vert is gonna be packing a GT500 combo in the future. Anyone know who it is?:confused: