Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Update on my son in Boot Camp [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Update on my son in Boot Camp

02mingryGT
04-18-2009, 07:30 AM
I received a letter from my son yesterday from boot camp. He said the "Marine Moms" had visited the recruits in the SCT unit and taken their pictures. After consulting with the ALL Powerful LORD GOOGLE, I was able to find his picture. He's the one on the right with the birth control glasses. He's looks like he's lost a few pounds but is otherwise fine. He hopes to be back in training in the next few weeks.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g288/cjglancy/DSC00951.jpg

DeckerEnt
04-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Birth control glasses!!! LOL!!!!!! Tell him Thank You when you talk to him next! Good to hear he is getting better.

djom1cincy
04-18-2009, 09:27 AM
They call then bc's aka birth control because there's no way you could get any while wearing them. They also call them portholes for the round windows on the side of a ship.

Katmandu
04-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Looking sharp! http://www.katmanduonline.net/smilies/usa.gif

Kwik92GT
04-18-2009, 10:49 AM
They call then bc's aka birth control because there's no way you could get any while wearing them. They also call them portholes for the round windows on the side of a ship.

Yep! :lol: He'll be able to get rid of them when he's out in Fleet. :bigthumb

ADaughen
04-18-2009, 10:52 AM
BCODs - Birth Control Optical Devices... Good times, Dad had a pair.

What's with the hand over the lung? Or is the picture flipped?

02mingryGT
04-18-2009, 06:05 PM
BCODs - Birth Control Optical Devices... Good times, Dad had a pair.

What's with the hand over the lung? Or is the picture flipped?

I was wondering the same thing. No I don't believe the pictures are because the letters on the wall behind them aren't flipped(EHP). They had 12 sets of pictures with four recruits in the pictures on the site. In almost all of them, I'd say the two outside recruits had their hands over their lungs/hearts. So I'll ask him what's up with that. Maybe it's a code or something....lol.

My dad had them as well. I told him Aaron actually looks like him when he had his big ugly ass glasses.

04 Venom
04-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Hurahhhhh!

89notch
04-18-2009, 07:35 PM
How long has he been in boot camp?

02mingryGT
04-19-2009, 10:11 AM
How long has he been in boot camp?

He's been in since Jan 26th. He went through 27 days of training before he came down with double pneumonia. After 6 weeks in medical he was moved to the PCP platoon. He's been in there for about two weeks now. He expects to be out and back into training(hopefully) this week. His original graduation date was next Sunday, April 26th. If he goes back into training this week I think it would be June 26th. He doesn't seem to care about the delay. His spirits are good. He will come out with about two months more pay so he's happy about that.

As far as the glasses, he reminds me almost every letter not to forget his contacts when I come down for Family day....:lol:

89notch
04-19-2009, 10:17 AM
He's been in since Jan 26th. He went through 27 days of training before he came down with double pneumonia. After 6 weeks in medical he was moved to the PCP platoon. He's been in there for about two weeks now. He expects to be out and back into training(hopefully) this week. His original graduation date was next Sunday, April 26th. If he goes back into training this week I think it would be June 26th. He doesn't seem to care about the delay. His spirits are good. He will come out with about two months more pay so he's happy about that.

As far as the glasses, he reminds me almost every letter not to forget his contacts when I come down for Family day....:lol:

Is he at Paris? Also where did you find the pictures I know a guy thats also in marine boot camp with a june 26th grad date. Also what platoon group will your son be in?

02mingryGT
04-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Is he at Paris? Also where did you find the pictures I know a guy thats also in marine boot camp with a june 26th grad date. Also what platoon group will your son be in?

Yes he is in Parris Island. I won't know the platoon number until he actually moves to the platoon. The June 26th date is only if he moves this week I believe. I will let you know when he moves what his platoon number will be.

I found the pictures here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PImrpholiday/photos/album/0/list

It is a yahoo group that you will have to join. These pictures are only of recruits in the EHP.

NUTTSGT
04-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Looks like they are covering their name tape. The U.S. Marines tape over the left breast pocket is clearly readable.

Ahh the BCs, I think mine are still around stuffed in a box somewhere.

Don't worry about the pounds he has lost, more than likely he has gained weight. I can almost guarantee he's replaced fat with lean muscle.

Wait til he comes home from boot camp on leave and he's sleeping in his room. Get up early and reach in and turn the bedroom light on. See how fast he jumps out of bed ( rack ) and tries to get on line. ;)

'92Stang
04-19-2009, 09:34 PM
I agree. Just covering name tags;) At least he'll get off the Island before the hot months, and sand fleas get to him..:cool1:....Tell him, SEMPER FI

Greg Seibert
04-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Semper Fi, Son and Dad!
Never met a Girene I didn't like. ;)

ADaughen
04-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Looks like they are covering their name tape. The U.S. Marines tape over the left breast pocket is clearly readable.

Good eye. I didn't notice the other two didn't have name tapes on their uniforms yet.

NUTTSGT
04-20-2009, 04:37 PM
I agree. Just covering name tags;) At least he'll get off the Island before the hot months, and sand fleas get to him..:cool1:....Tell him, SEMPER FI

Everybody should experience the sand fleas. :bigthumb

02mingryGT
04-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Everybody should experience the sand fleas. :bigthumb

He said they are already there and one of the other recruits calls them the Anti-Christ.

Lexstang
04-21-2009, 05:21 PM
At least he wont have to freeze his cookies off for the rest of his training. I am thankful every time I see somone in uniform. They had 1000 troops from basic training at ft knox at keenland this sunday. Had 50 phones for the poor fellows to call home. They had to stand there in front of everyone at parade rest waiting for their turn at the phones.

NaomiDstangLvr
04-21-2009, 05:44 PM
He's the one on the right with the birth control glasses.

That's awful! :lol: Well he's very brave, I couldn't go into the military! ;)

02mingryGT
04-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted. I'm going to paste this page in Word, print it and send it off to him. I'm sure your kind words will give him strength and make him proud that he joined.