Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Carb guys help [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Carb guys help

Blackpony
04-17-2009, 11:47 AM
When i took my car to go to lunch it began to shake and shudder really bad. I pulled over and it died out but would start if i gave it gas. I removed the air cleaner and with the car off i opened the throttle and checked to see if it was getting gas. Well it was but not the stream like normal. I decided to take it home so as i got some speed i punched the gas and got into thirdgear then about a mile down it was running normal. I think that something lodged into either i believe the jets or the shit ass chrome fuel filter i have. I can't tell for sure if both squirters were spraying well or not but it did only seem like only four cylinders were running. Any ideas?

Black Horse
04-17-2009, 11:53 AM
How long ago did you put on the fuel filter? Sounds like you had a chip or piece of debris in their clogging up the works. If it happens again, a good cleaning should get you taken care of.

Blackpony
04-17-2009, 12:08 PM
How long ago did you put on the fuel filter? Sounds like you had a chip or piece of debris in their clogging up the works. If it happens again, a good cleaning should get you taken care of.

Filter isn't that old. I think i bought it back in december. I had that feeling that it might be plugged but i wasn't sure.

Black Horse
04-17-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm not worried about it being plugged, just some crap in the filter housing on the wrong side - I have seen that several times from new filters. You would be surprized at how small of a piece of crap can screw up a carb.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Could be a million different little things...but it's typical. I had a little black piece of god knows what get stuck in the front bowl needle and it was causing my front bowl to flood. The thing with stuff like this is there's always an answer and it's usually simple but it may take some tinkering to find.